Home Panel - A web frontend for controlling the home

Home Panel v2.4.0 :tada:

GitLab CI

There are two new cards in this release. You can now show news feeds from News API and RSS feeds from your favorite sources.

Charts have been reworked to use recharts. This replaces apex charts which became quite troublesome and slowed the UI.

You can also now backup and restore your config. This is great for migrating configs between servers or for versioning your changes.

Highlights

• 4d45324 :sparkles: News Feed (#598)
  • 39d4650 :sparkles: Add RSS Feeds (#603)
  • 3eca106 :chart_with_upwards_trend: Charts Rework (#606)
  • 842493a :sparkles: Add backup and restore functionality (#607)
  • a1ff72a :sparkles: Add input text support
  • 39b420b :pencil2: Add link color to config (#604) @viettrung9012

Changes

• bdf02c2 :ambulance: Fix for climate icon
  • 581a8ad :hammer: Cleanup
  • 4c68dcf :ambulance: Actually fix icon for state
  • 54718cc :hammer: Cleanup logs
  • a1ff72a :sparkles: Add input text support
  • 0cdb452 :hammer: More cleanup
  • f1f6ece :hammer: Fixes for alarm panel layout
  • d67fcf6 :hammer: Fix line height of period
  • 6c2d954 :hammer: Move group edit icons to right
  • 4d45324 :sparkles: News Feed (#598)
  • 39b420b :pencil2: Add link color to config (#604) @viettrung9012
  • 39d4650 :sparkles: Add RSS Feeds (#603)
  • b1bcadf :shirt: Formatting
  • 3eca106 :chart_with_upwards_trend: Charts Rework (#606)
  • 0aac451 :arrow_up: Update dependency react-moment to v0.9.6 (#605) @renovate[bot]
  • 2dc4419 :shirt: Add missing key
  • 47bc42d :hammer: Move non components utils to root
  • 9a2586e :hammer: Renames
  • 4579447 :hammer: Renames and moves
  • dca92b9 :hammer: Cleanup
  • 842493a :sparkles: Add backup and restore functionality (#607)

Full Changelog

Which image should i be using on ubuntu 64, I tried docker pull timmo001/home-panel-amd64 and i get the following error

Error response from daemon: manifest for timmo001/home-panel-amd64:latest not found: manifest unknown: manifest unknown

Pulling timmo001/home-panel:latest should be fine

ok, thanks. any thoughts on why I am unable to send commands per my previous post.

Firstly thank you for all your hard work on this. so far i’m using this without issues. I have one question and maybe you can point to the right direction. How can I get the graph or chart to display on the cards. For example on the temperature sensor cards. Mines are not displaying.

2 Likes

@mistrovly I had the same problem, and I fixed it by setting up CORS as per https://timmo.dev/home-panel/faq/

1 Like

Thank you for taking the time to reply and that did the trick for me.

You can also add emoji

look nice. btw, how can you add the emoji icon?

Just search an emoji on this site https://www.emojicopy.com/ and copy paste it where ever u want it

Yeah I try to build a really nice and good looking dashboard as my Touchscreen ist built in the wall all wife acceptance factor herfore is very important :rofl:

1 Like

Just installed 2.4.1 on my Synology NAS after a long sabbatical and I must say, very impressed! The camera implementation is particularly nice. I have a few questions for the community though based on my quick initial config below.

• Is it possible to center text?
  • Can the icon color be customized so that it differs from the primary color?
  • How do you get the brightness slider to show (my bedroom light is a dimmer)? [Disregard. Icon needs to be double height].
  • In my image below, the camera icon height differs from the other entity icons. Can that we tweaked somewhere?
  • What does ‘Elevation’ do?
  • Is it possible to get one of the camera images to ‘pop up’ with an API call?
  • Similarly, can a page be called with an API?

My first attempt to seriously build a dashboard

1 Like

API calls and event listening has been opened as issue on GitHub …short hint: open an issue for each feature u like .the dev is an awesome man and has already maybe 10 features from my requests implemented

Vacuum Work in Progress:

1 Like

Hate to be that guy that keeps asking for help, but I am not sure what to try next. I really want to get this working. I realize I didn’t give much info so I will explain what my current setup is and what i have tried.

I am running HA on raspian behind a reverse proxy(nginx), using ssl on a custom domain. I have been able to bring up home panel on ubuntu and raspian via docker and docker compose. i have used the examples docker-compose yaml as well as tried starting the container from the command line.

Everything starts up and I am able to add a user connect to my HA instance and see entities. I am unable to send command, like to my climate entities. I also dont see the state of entities (should, I?) like for my garage door cover entities. I see nothing in my HA log.

I tried it on different servers from my HA installation, and I also loaded it on my HA server (RPi 4, rasbian buster).

I suspect I am having some networking, maybe the reverse proxy. I turned that off and pointed directly at HA on port 8123, same issue. When I bring home panel up on the same domain as my HA instance, SSL is not working. Homepanel will only answer to HTTP, even though I started it up with the SSL config and pointed it the same SSL certs as HA. Running on 0.99.3

Any suggestions are welcome. Thanks. Last bit of info I have, this is what is output when i run docker-compose up

Recreating home-panel_home-panel_1 ... done
Attaching to home-panel_home-panel_1
home-panel_1  | [s6-init] making user provided files available at /var/run/s6/etc...exited 0.
home-panel_1  | [s6-init] ensuring user provided files have correct perms...exited 0.
home-panel_1  | [fix-attrs.d] applying ownership & permissions fixes...
home-panel_1  | [fix-attrs.d] done.
home-panel_1  | [cont-init.d] executing container initialization scripts...
home-panel_1  | [cont-init.d] 00-banner.sh: executing... 
home-panel_1  | -----------------------------------------------------------
home-panel_1  | Home Panel
home-panel_1  | -----------------------------------------------------------
home-panel_1  | [cont-init.d] 00-banner.sh: exited 0.
home-panel_1  | [cont-init.d] secrets.sh: executing... 
home-panel_1  | /var/run/s6/etc/cont-init.d/secrets.sh: line 7: bashio::fs.file_exists: command not found
home-panel_1  | /var/run/s6/etc/cont-init.d/secrets.sh: line 8: bashio::log.info: command not found
home-panel_1  | [cont-init.d] secrets.sh: exited 0.
home-panel_1  | [cont-init.d] done.
home-panel_1  | [services.d] starting services
home-panel_1  | Run Home Panel..
home-panel_1  | [services.d] done.
home-panel_1  | info: Feathers application started on http://localhost:8234

Looks like you are facing the same issue as a couple other using the docker container.

I will release a patch soon for this as it has been fixed.

Awesome! Thank you for the response.

Home Panel v2.4.2 :tada:

GitLab CI

This release fixes a few layout bugs as well as a fix for the docker container.

Plus the usual updates.

Changes

• 9bd235e :ambulance: Remove quote at end of backup filename (#609) @kessiler
  • f69d88a :arrow_up: Update dependency snyk to v1.231.1 (#612) @renovate[bot]
  • 6a95262 :arrow_up: Update dependency snyk to v1.232.0 (#613) @renovate[bot]
  • 9e62631 :arrow_up: Update dependency @feathersjs/authentication to v4.3.5 (#615) @renovate[bot]
  • 0b116ea :arrow_up: Update dependency @feathersjs/authentication-client to v4.3.5 (#616) @renovate[bot]
  • 55f625c :arrow_up: Update dependency @feathersjs/authentication-oauth to v4.3.5 (#618) @renovate[bot]
  • 0117f3e :arrow_up: Update dependency @feathersjs/authentication-local to v4.3.5 (#617) @renovate[bot]
  • ee3bd2c :hammer: Fix layout
  • cc9592f :arrow_up: Update feathersjs to v4.3.5
  • 957fec1 :sparkles: Add alpha slider to color wheel
  • 82cf6ed :fire: Replace bashio with bash checks
  • 8adfa73 :shirt: Fix linting
  • 6313be1 :books: Revamp docs and add showcase section
  • 6343af0 :books: Fix image link
  • ee86aae :shirt: Fix linting
  • 7596b80 :art: Optimize images (#635) @imgbot[bot]
  • 33a8c00 :arrow_up: Update dependency @mdi/font to v4.5.95 (#643) @renovate[bot]
  • 93013a9 :arrow_up: Update dependency @types/socket.io to v2.1.4 (#637) @renovate[bot]
  • 839cab2 :arrow_up: Update dependency @types/node to v12.7.12 (#636) @renovate[bot]
  • e931aca :arrow_up: Update dependency @types/recharts to v1.1.22 (#642) @renovate[bot]
  • 298b479 :arrow_up: Update dependency snyk to v1.233.0 (#644) @renovate[bot]
  • aa45c52 :arrow_up: Update dependency snyk to v1.234.0 (#646) @renovate[bot]

Full Changelog

seems to be working for me. thanks again. I do still have issues with my climate widget (nest). the temp up and down temperature is not working, other controls work. should this go to github as issue?

Dies color picker and brightness work ? My climate works everything but off but I guess GitHub is our friend here

Honestly, I have a climate entity added and am not facing issues. My only advice would be to check this works in the Home Assistant frontend, since the call to HA is identical. Glad you’re back up and running though