Home Panel - A web frontend for controlling the home

Hello,

I am using an Iframe card to show a weather widget. Do you know how to ask the iframe to be refreshed ? Indeed, it’s the morning in France and the data displayed in the iframe are dated from yesderday. When you open the iframe URL, I can see the data up to date.

Thanks

Please clear your browser cookies and try again.

You should never have to touch the database, this is internal to the application and does not control your connection to home assistant.

The connection is browser based and stored on the individual device

To clarify, the home assistant URL should be the base URL of your connection to home assistant from your device. For example, a local network IP based URL would be:

http://192.168.1.123:8123

If you make a mistake, the easiest way to recover from an unintended loop is to clear the cookies and cache and try again

Thanks for the help (again). I knew it was something easy. I thought I eliminated it being browser related by trying in a different one - if I did, I forgot and/or messed it up there too. I did a history dump but didn’t remove cache - I’m sure about this. I was confused by why the prior usernames and passwords were available since I didn’t see them under homexx in “settings/passwords”. That’s why I thought they were being saved somewhere outside the browser (ie online somewhere). DUH. They were under the IP address.

Okay, I’m very new here so I hope you can cut me some slack. I have searched and searched and searched, but I’m trying to find a way to add News Feeds. I have the NewsAPI plugged in but the error I’m getting is “You have not selected a source…” Where can I set that up? Thanks!

I’m using hassio and the default home panel add on. Ive a couple of fully kiosk enabled android tablets which I’m using to display home panel on. After a period of time, home panel asks me to log back in, which is annoying but also not user friendly.

Is there a way to stop this? Is it a home panel issue, or fully kiosk do you think?

After some initial success adding Home Panel as an add-on on a new HA install to an RPi 4 this weekend, I’m finding it to be very flaky.

Early on I changed the primary color from pink to indigo, which worked for a while. But now it’s back to the default of pink. Any attempts to change the primary color don’t take effect.

This is across multiple devices, including my macOS Catalina laptop and several iOS devices, even after deleting the browser cache and cookies.

I tried to add my news API key, but it never took. I’m unable to create a news card as a result.

Further, attempts to log in have sometimes resulted in this error:

Login error: Timeout of 5000ms exceeded calling create on authentication

I’ve also seen notifications in Home Assistant regarding bad authentication results, when I know I’ve entered the correct credentials.

Note that I have not tried configuring Home Panel for use outside of Home Assistant. This has all been from Supervisor -> Add-ons -> Home Panel -> Open Web UI, and from adding Home Panel to the side bar. I know that the current configuration (which defaults to SSL on) is probably wrong, but it should not matter when accessed within HA itself as I have done.

It’s as if Home Panel is having trouble writing its config file out. But that makes no sense because the groups and cards I’ve added have stuck.

I’d like to give Home Panel a real shot because I like how it looks and how easy it is to set up. But I’m being put off by how unreliable it’s been.

Hi Team,

i just udgraded my dying HA in Raspberry pi and move everything hassio to VM. and my Panel seems not working properly, im using the latest version but im not able to see the time/date and also i remember i can modify the background to use a url picture. but i cant find it in the configuration tab.

Has this project been abandoned? Seems like all the sites for support and documentation - links in Home Assistant and this thread - are all dead

Not abandoned, I have changed my website and have yet to find a solution to publish the docs. You can find them under the documentation section in the GitHub repository

Docs can now be found at https://home-panel-docs.timmo.dev/

I’ll update links accordingly

I can’t see the pics in that web page @timmo001

Docs were outdated, should be rectified now :+1:

Also, dark theme :wink:

2 Likes

Hello,
Did you get a solution to this to get a direct URL ?

hi!

i run hass.io and installed the home panel plugin. at the first try it worked, but when i now try to connect to home-assistant it always says 401 unathorized.

what can i do to solve this problem?

3 Likes

same configuration, same issue 401…
for config: SSL: false
for network 80/tcp - disabled

1 Like

Did you get this to work? I think I am having the same issue, and unable to configure the source. Instead I just have…

An error occured when getting the sources for News API.

Hi,

after i login to home panel i directly get send to another page that gives me a “sent an invalid response.”
I was wondering if I can start with a clean installation of home panel, I have already tried to uninstall but this doesn’t help…

Thanks!

Anyone solve the issue of getting 401 when going through HASS?

Also, is there any way to get a title of a card to do line wrap?

Getting the following error. The Home Panel UI seems to load fine, but then this pops up,

homeassistant.local’s server IP address could not be found.

Logs report the following:

[10:25:10] ERROR: Got unexpected response from the API: Service home_panel not found for dictionary value @ data[‘service’]. Got ‘home_panel’

Supervisor Version: 2020.12.7
Home Panel: 1.8.3