Home Panel - A web frontend for controlling the home

I would really suggest for the setup instructions in the Home Panel Docs an area on how to access the Home Panel on another device without going through Home Assistant.

I had to comb through this forum to figure out that you need to uncheck SSL and in network add 8234 to the host. Once I did that I was able to remote in.

I was just about to give up and just uninstall the add-on but I got through it but was very frustrating especially since I am very new to Home Assistant and what it is capable of doing.

1 Like

Is there way to add multiple ligths behind one button (including brightness and temperature slider)?
I tried few ways to add multiple entities but I failed.

Im using phillips hue and in home assistant side buttons are working as rooms but in home panel, I could not find way to combine multiple lights

Hi All,

I am probably being a bit stupid, but how do I access HP from outside HA? I’ve been reading and found one page says it is port 3000 another says 8234. Either doesn’t load. More reading says about disabling “ingress” to allow access outside the HA web instance. I am a newbie with HA so not totally sure what ingress is (aside from the icon on the HA add on page) and not yet been able to find out how to disable it.

Sorry if this is a noob question :sweat: but am trying to learn!

I installed this via HACS but whenever I try to log into Home Assistant I get a “401: Unauthorized”, no configuration changes save and when I clicked the “Here” for the color palette I got a “mui.com refused to connect”. Any ideas at all?

I have the same issue, I was using Chrome, tried Opera and firefox also but get the same thing.

This addon seems to have been abandoned doesn’t it?

starting to think so, which is a shame as it looked promising…

I don’t know how github works out whether a project is maintained, but they don’t seem to think it is. Also @timmo001 hasn’t posted in this thread since Oct 2020.

So, as appdaemon 3 is deprecated and appdeamon 4 is now broken for over a year and none of the devs cares to fix it, and homepanel is abandoned, we as HA users are pretty much f*cked. Great going guys! Perhaps Domoticz is not so bad after all. EDIT: nevermind, i had a good fight with AD4 and SSL :slight_smile:

What’s broken about appdaemon 4? Last I looked (and it was within the last year) it worked for me.

There are many frontends. Of course there is lovelace, and I have seen many others on here. However as lovelace gets better the development of other frontends seems to have declined.

Perhaps you are just a troll?

It took me me almost a week, but today i found out that AD4 is not broken. I actually already gave up, but on Discord, Rene Tode told me that it HAS to work. So, i tried and tried a couple of evenings. And then it happened. The problem was a hidden SSL-warning that android placed BEHIND the browser. I accidentally doubletapped on the empty frame where normally the camera-picture was, mostly because i was completeley out of ideas, and suddenly i was greeted with a nice SSL-warning and the possibility to create an exception. Which of course i did. I refreshed and… hey! An image!

I had exactly same issue

Any luck on fixing it? RSS links are not working for me either.

Yes I did get it working.

Hy
is there an option to open a frontend page without a username/password?

As a few others have gotten, I cannot save certain settings, and the News API is not working. I am seeing the following in my browser console:

Anyone seen this before?

Not sure if I’m missing something obvious but how do I configure the News API?
I enterred the API key and when I want to add a card, it is just red, saying it doesn’t work. I assume the API-call doesn’t work since it does not know, what it should ask for but I see no way to enter additional information, like news topics, sources etc. Where can I edit/add the API call to reflect what I want?

Thanks!

Is this one dead?