HomeAssistant and Reolink Doorbell POE

@Scoff it seems the link I used doesn’t currently have it available :frowning:

Hi Quizzical,
Thank you for sharing this automation. I have tried to adopt it but since it doesn’t work as expected I have a couple of questions that you can hopefully help with.

1. Altough the Reolink app is installed on my device it doesn’t get opened when the doorbell is pressed. I am using an iPhone.
  2. I don’t get person detected messages, what do I need to do with the ‘Who’ option in the Define parameters block, currently it is set for ‘john&jane’?

@ConfusedTA Ah ok thank you anyway, I’ll just have to keep checking for availability. My cat5 cable is run and waiting to be connected as soon as I can get one of them delivered!!

1 Like

1: yes that automation is made to work on Android. Have a look at the Home Assistant Companion app documentation whether this feature also works on Iphone or not and if so what needs to change.
2: I have created my own rather complex process to automate the sending of any type of notification to my android phone. It’s a bit too complex for sharing and wouldn’t work on you iphone. So the basic idea is that in the ‘define parameters’ node you have everything you need to send a notification to your phone in whatever way you prefer. The easiest option to do is is do add a call service node after that which calls upon the notification service using the parameters in the ‘define parameters’ node. How exactly the formatting works for the iphone I’m not sure. For android it looks like this:

And here is what I have as content for the Data part:

{
    "title": "{{title}}",
    "message": "{{message}}",
    "data": {
        "ttl": 0,
        "importance": "high",
        "priority": "high",
        "vibrationPattern": "100, 1000, 100, 1000, 100",
        "image": "{{{imageretrieveURL}}}",
        "timeout": "{{timeout}}",
        "persistent": "{{persistent}}",
        "tag": "{{tag}}",
        "sticky": "{{sticky}}",
        "clickAction": "{{{clickaction}}}",
        "actions": [
            {
                "action": "{{actioncode1}}",
                "title": "{{actiontitle1}}"
            },
            {
                "action": "{{actioncode2}}",
                "title": "{{actiontitle2}}"
            },
            {
                "action": "{{actioncode3}}",
                "title": "{{actiontitle3}}"
            }
        ]
    }
}

Things that are empty it will not use so e.g. for now the action codes are empty in the ‘define parameters’ so the notifications I receive are not ‘actionable’ and I don’t specify a timeout either so the notifications don’t disappear after a set time.

1 Like

Great, thank you so much!

1 Like

Just got a beta firmware from reolink support which fixes the RTSP stream and also adds RTSP backchannel audio support.

I won’t be redistributing it but feel free to contact support about the RTSP stream motion smearing issue and they should happily give it. Mine had a build date of January 9.

2 Likes

Could you explain a bit more what this firmware brings as I didn’t really understand (sorry).
Does the backchannel audio mean that it supports two-way audio? That would be great because I have integrated the doorbell in synology surveillance station but no way to talk through the doorbell using that :frowning:

Yes, RTSP backchannel enables two way audio with applications like go2rtc, scripted, etc

3 Likes

Indeed, got this reply 6 days ago, they mention they will add more features incl 2-way audio support :wink:

What was the fix for the rtsp stream?

RTSP stream had classic reolink motion smearing which made the stream unusable

Guys would you recommend the reolink doorbell ? Is it easily integrated with HA and all the motion and notifications available on HA? thanks

Are you speaking about this beta firmware?
DB_566128M5MP_P.1572_23010903.Reolink-Video-Doorbell-PoE.OV05A10.5MP.REOLINK

Do you have 2-way audio working for onvif?

I asked Reolink for the beta firmware but they didn’t want to provide it :frowning:

For anyone who’s interested, here is the Automation I’ve created for my Reolink doorbell.

When someone presses the bell, it does 3 things (in parallel, so that each occur as quickly as possible):

• Notification to my phone via the Companion app (I use Android, might need minor tweaks for iOS)
  • Toast message on my LG TV
  • Starts a Routine on my Alexa devices (I use Routines as I found this is easier to modify the target Echo device(s) when I add any more via the Alexa app)
alias: Front Door Bell Pressed
description: "Provides various notifications when the Reolink doorbell button is pressed"
trigger:
  - type: turned_on
    platform: device
    device_id: [redacted]
    entity_id: binary_sensor.front_door_visitor
    domain: binary_sensor
condition: []
action:
  - parallel:
      - service: notify.mobile_app_garry_phone
        data:
          data:
            image: /api/camera_proxy/camera.front_door_snapshots
            ttl: 0
            priority: high
      - service: media_player.play_media
        target:
          entity_id: media_player.lounge_echo_dot
        data:
          media_content_id: someone is at the front door
          media_content_type: routine
        metadata: {}
        enabled: true
      - service: notify.lg_lounge
        data:
        enabled: true
mode: single

7 Likes

Same here. I kept asking and they kept saying no.

Mine is the WiFi doorbell, build date is 23010901. and it advertises two way talk but I have not gotten the doorbell to output audio yet, unsure of if it is finished being implemented yet

I asked due to RTSP issues I was having, I did not ask for it for backchannel audio, that just happened to be a nice easter egg

I am on firmware
Reolink Video Doorbell PoE
Firmware: v3.0.0.1459_22102808

But there is no update available in the app, in the doorbell or on the download section of reolink.

Any one able to help out where to get the latest firmware?

I use the HACS integration (17 entities) because the “original” integration does only provide 7 entities.
And both do nothing on the binary_sensor.reolink_video_doorbell_visitor entity. No response on that entity.

You must be able to access HA via regular http if you want visitor entity to work. There is something wrong with ONVIF and https. Sorry I can’t give more details at the moment. But it should be enough to get you started searching the HA community:)

Thank you, I found this and it works:

This is wrong:

ONVIF on:

Running firmware:

All works well but the the button press is not detected with above settings.

A person detected does not work then either:

this SOLVES my issue: