HomeAssistant and Reolink Doorbell POE

Hi.
I have all the sensors working in HA.

My setup:
PfSense as firewall
Cameras (including doorbell) are on Vlan9 connected through a PoE switch
Home-assistant is on Vlan5

In PfSense, 2 rules from Vlan9 - 1) allow all tcp/udp traffic from IPaddress of doorbell to IPaddress of HA to port 8123, 2) allow tpc/udp traffic from IPaddress of doorbell from port 443 to Ipaddress of HA to port 8123

Hope this helps.

wifi or POE version? also what firmware version are you running?

Hey all, purchased the Reolink POE Doorbell and have been mildly impressed by itā€¦ thats another story but anyways thought Iā€™d share how I used Home Assistant to get motion snapshot notifs and have the Reolink app launch when you click the notif. Basically the URI will launch the Reolink app instead of Home Assistant so you can directly view the live stream if so pleased!

title: Front Door
data:
  image: "/api/camera_proxy/<entity_id>"
  url: com.googleusercontent.apps.743639030586-0gkn62bv1l1s1govm8fqm90fnvpr4m49://
3 Likes

Hello guys,

Today I started some tests on this Doorbell.

The overall features are cool, but I have some issue which are making me doubting about the quality of the software.

The firmware installed is the latest: v3.0.0.2017_23041202

I added the integration and itā€™s working well in HA, but the Alexa Skill is a real mess. Every time I ask to see the doorbell camera, it fails saying the doorbell is not responding.
If I ask it again after few seconds it opens correctly the stream.

Do someone has the same issue?

Thanks

PoE

Doorbell Firmware v3.0.0.2033 Available

Whatā€™s New

1. Release new smart home functions:

2. Support preview, 2-way audio, notification, voice wake-up on Alexa (notification will be available after finishing Cloud update);

3. Support preview, notification, and voice wake-up on Google Home (notification will be available after finishing Cloud update);

4. Support GOP settings.

5. Remove the original automatic frame drop, incorporate multi-level frame drop, and support frame rate control function

6. Support adjustable range of CDS value

7. Support working with IOT devices

8. Add status light control button for doorbell camera (Available to the App version of 4.37 or later)

9. Add ringing control switch for doorbell camera (Available to the App version of 4.37 or later)

10. Fix known bugs

Does this mean we get a 2-way entity on HA now?

1 Like

itā€™s already supported in go2rtc and the dev version of the frigate card

1 Like

Here you can see how far Iā€™ve come to making two-way-audio work in Home Assistant.

Yes it works but with a lot of caveats.

nice work, but too complicated for me, iā€™ll wait it out for at least both the 1.5 release will be integrated in the frigate package and the frigate card features will be available in the sable branch.

Hi, yesterday i upgraded the firmware to the latest version.
Now i am able to use 2 way audio inside Homekit using Scrypted.
But i have one problem, the doorbell press event is not working anymore inside Scrypted.

I used: RuleEngine/MyRuleDetector/Visitor as Onviff doorbell event name.

Does someone else have the problem? Or is the event name changed?

Thanks

I can confirm that two-way audio is working in HomeKit through Scrypted with the latest doorbell firmware (v3.0.0.2033_23041300). Also that the doorbell press event is not working. A setup tutorial on Reddit says to use Visitor as the ONVIF event name but itā€™s not working for me.

@p.deelen This ā€œRuleEngine/MyRuleDetector/Visitorā€ event that youā€™ve been using before, is it something custom or is it an event (that used to be) fired by the doorbell? I wonder if some technical docs from Reolink list the ONVIF event names. Or if those can be inspected with some ONVIF clientā€¦

1 Like

Actually, thanks to you I tried changing the doorbell ONVIF event to RuleEngine/MyRuleDetector/Visitor in Scrypted, reloaded the Homekit plugin just to be on the safe side, and now I get doorbell notifications from HomeKit! Two-way audio works too (though with a couple of seconds delay; my doorbell is on WiFi far from the router)!

So finally with the latest firmware and Scrypted, I have a fully functional Reolink WiFi Doorbell integrated with Homekit (and with Home Assistant, separately).

2 Likes

Firmware Version
v3.0.0.2033_23041302

• Click on Network, Advanced, Port Settings, Set Up
    No ā€œPort Settingsā€ under the advanced
    edit:
    now is under Server Settings

Iā€™m trying to get a toast message with a snapshot from the doorbell on my Android TVs

alias: Doorbell Notifications
description: ""
trigger:
  - platform: state
    entity_id: binary_sensor.woodvale_front_doorbell_visitor
    to: "on"
condition: []
action:
  - service: notify.android_tv_fire_tv
    data:
      data:
        image:
          path: /api/camera_proxy/camera.woodvale_front_doorbell
mode: single

Can anyone tell me why this doesnā€™t work?

Iā€™ve also tried including the api key that I can see within entity:picture
i.e.
entity_picture: /api/camera_proxy/camera.woodvale_front_doorbell_sub?token=748782f68de0a5f53f682b827f8379074b5bef0af59884003022b7c0eexxxxxx

1 Like

May I ask how you determined what URL to use?

Heres how I did it

2 Likes

Hi,

I am a brand new user to home assistant and have managed to install HACS and the JimStar integration but for the life of me cannot find a way to make my google miniā€™s receive a notification when the doorbell is pressed? can anyone please explain it to me like I am a 5 year old or at the very least point me in the right direction? I would really appreciate some guidance!

Many thanks

Thanks for sending that. I was trying to figure out how to do it on android and was so confused when I asked you I didnā€™t even realize this was for an iPhone. May it help the next person to read this

1 Like

what integration are you using ?

Seems to be because im using https