'HomeAssistantCore.update' blocked from execution, system is not healthy

Hello,
I have the message: Error updating Home Assistant Core ‘HomeAssistantCore.update’ blocked from execution, system is not healthy

Can I know why the system is not healthy ? I have HA in a supervised mode on docker, ubuntu 22.04.
Many thanks for your help !

Is there a “learn more” link, or something similar? What does it say about “unhealthy”?

IIRC, for a “Supervised” install, there are a couple of requirements you’d have to meet:
architecture/0014-home-assistant-supervised.md at master · home-assistant/architecture (github.com)

… so, if nothing else, at least this would be (one of) the issue(s) you’d have to address first.

The exact same problem occurred to me too but only now, September 2022. Restarted but it hasn’t been solved. Solutions? A thousand thanks

2 Likes

I am now also having this issue.

Error updating Home Assistant Core ‘HomeAssistantCore.update’ blocked from execution, system is not healthy

I don’t know how to find out what is not healthy. I have restarted the supervisor an restarted the host. Running Home Assistant OS on an intel NUC with the following versions
Home Assistant 2022.9.4
Supervisor 2022.09.1
Operating System 5.10
Frontend 20220907.2 - latest

Thanks in advance for any help.

Open your Home Assistant instance and show your repairs. > 3 dots top right > system info

This probably an easier link, but you have to put your own address in.
http://homeassistant:8123/hassio/system/info

1 Like

Thank you for your help. This does show that I am running an unsupported version of Docker.

I followed the guide at Generic x86-64 - Home Assistant to install home assistant not so long ago.

I also see the below warning in the Supervisor log

WARNING (MainThread) [supervisor.updater] Board ‘intel-nuc’ not found in version file. No OS updates.

The solution on the homeassistant website at Docker Version - Home Assistant is to update the OS using the configuration link but I get Page Not Found.

Would you know how I can upgrade the Home Assistant OS and/or Docker?

Thanks in advance.

sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get upgrade

Or if you want the no looking this is going to do stuff anyway version

sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get upgrade -y

Thanks for that. Unfortunately It says apt-get not found. Is there a way to get to the host os from the Web SSH or do I need to be on the console?

Somehow I am running Home Assistant OS 5.10.

Would I be better taking a backup, reinstalling the latest OS and restoring the backup?

Thanks for your help

Always worthwhile having a recent backup…

You need to look on the repairs/system info page, is it?

Installation Type	Home Assistant OS
or
Installation Type	Home Assistant Supervised

If it is Home Assistant supervised, the apt-get needs to be done on the host via the console.

sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get upgrade

I use the Home Assistant Google Drive Backup Add-On every 3 days to get regular backups.

My installation type is Home Assistant OS

Thanks for your help.

Do you have an OS update there?

It looks like intel-nuc was removed for generic x86-64 board types.
Otherwise it looks like you may have to load a new version with balena etcher

https://github.com/home-assistant/operating-system/releases/download/9.0/haos_generic-x86-64-9.0.img.xz

Then restore your latest backup, so set a new one up, if you want one from now.

There is only Home Assistant Core update, which I cannot apply because of the docker issue.

I just saw that post about Intel NUC being removed. I will do as you suggested then and take a backup, reinstall then restore the backup. I am waiting for delivery of a Home Assistant Yellow, so the NUC is soon to be decommissioned.

Thanks for taking the time to help.

Good afternoon, since the recent update I stopped finding these panels to reboot core and supervisor, can someone help. It looks like my system is also not working properly, we need to try to reboot it

I don’t have ubuntu, but still linux (debian) rebooting doesn’t help me, although everything worked before. To date, I still can’t update
{
“home_assistant”: {
“installation_type”: “Home Assistant Supervised”,
“version”: “2022.9.6”,
“dev”: false,
“hassio”: true,
“virtualenv”: false,
“python_version”: “3.10.5”,
“docker”: true,
“arch”: “armv7l”,
“timezone”: “Europe/Moscow”,
“os_name”: “Linux”,
“os_version”: “5.10.60-v7l+”,
“supervisor”: “2022.10.0”,
“host_os”: “Raspbian GNU/Linux 10 (buster)”,
“docker_version”: “20.10.18”,
“chassis”: “”,
“run_as_root”: true
}Снимок1

To restart core you need to navigate to Developer tools.

To reboot or shutdown the host you need to navigate Settings/System/Hardware and the 3 dots top right.

To find why is your system is unhealthy, go to Settings/System/Repairs and the 3 dots top right and System Information.

I was about to ask the same… So we do not have a way (from the frontend) to restart the Supervisor these days, yes?

I don’t think so. I cannot remember that I could find it anywhere. But someone more clever will correct me if I am wrong.

But you can restart the Supervisor through a terminal and cli, you can use the command:

ha supervisor restart

using add-on Terminal & SSH I overloaded
supervisor → core = update unavailable;
supervisor = update unavailable.
The message remains the same

when I try to install any add-on from the store, I get the same message
‘AddonManager.install’ blocked from execution, system is not healthy

@sergt78, look here. Check the supervisor unhealthy state. It will tell you why is your system unhealthy if you click on it.

I checked on three points , there are no problems
There are currently no issues to fix

I attach the log

Logger: homeassistant.components.websocket_api.http.connection
Source: components/hassio/update.py:301
Integration: Home Assistant WebSocket API (documentation, issues)
First occurred: 15:25:57 (3 occurrences)
Last logged: 16:45:31

• [2934550336] Error updating Home Assistant Core ‘HomeAssistantCore.update’ blocked from execution, system is not healthy
  • [2733616120] Error updating Home Assistant Core ‘HomeAssistantCore.update’ blocked from execution, system is not healthy

Traceback (most recent call last): File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/hassio/update.py”, line 299, in async_install await async_update_core(self.hass, version=version, backup=backup) File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/hassio/handler.py”, line 45, in _wrapper raise HassioAPIError(data[“message”]) homeassistant.components.hassio.handler.HassioAPIError: ‘HomeAssistantCore.update’ blocked from execution, system is not healthy The above exception was the direct cause of the following exception: Traceback (most recent call last): File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/websocket_api/commands.py”, line 200, in handle_call_service await hass.services.async_call( File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/core.py”, line 1738, in async_call task.result() File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/core.py”, line 1775, in _execute_service await cast(Callable[[ServiceCall], Awaitable[None]], handler.job.target)( File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity_component.py”, line 204, in handle_service await service.entity_service_call( File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/service.py”, line 676, in entity_service_call future.result() # pop exception if have File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity.py”, line 931, in async_request_call await coro File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/service.py”, line 713, in _handle_entity_call await result File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/update/init.py”, line 152, in async_install await entity.async_install_with_progress(version, backup) File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/update/init.py”, line 411, in async_install_with_progress await self.async_install(version, backup) File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/hassio/update.py”, line 301, in async_install raise HomeAssistantError( homeassistant.exceptions.HomeAssistantError: Error updating Home Assistant Core ‘HomeAssistantCore.update’ blocked from execution, system is not healthy