'HomeAssistantCore.update' blocked from execution, system is not healthy

I was not talking about issues. I was talking about System Information!

Check that, and you will see the unhealthy status for the Supervisor and it will tell you why it is unhealthy.

Good evening, I have now overloaded the supervisor once again and immediately without waiting for it to load, I started to run the update, received 2 failures due to an unsupervised supervisor, but the update went from the third click. Hooray, I’m happy.
But at your request, I clicked on three dots and saw the docker problem

System Information

version core-2022.10.1
installation_type Home Assistant Supervised
dev false
hassio true
docker true
user root
virtualenv false
python_version 3.10.5
os_name Linux
os_version 5.10.60-v7l+
arch armv7l
timezone Europe/Moscow
config_dir /config
Home Assistant Community Store
GitHub API ok
GitHub Content ok
GitHub Web ok
GitHub API Calls Remaining 4957
Installed Version 1.27.2
Stage waiting
Available Repositories 1188
Downloaded Repositories 6
Home Assistant Cloud
logged_in false
can_reach_cert_server ok
can_reach_cloud_auth ok
can_reach_cloud ok
Home Assistant Supervisor
host_os Raspbian GNU/Linux 10 (buster)
update_channel beta
supervisor_version supervisor-2022.10.0
agent_version null
docker_version 20.10.18
disk_total 109.7 GB
disk_used 29.6 GB
healthy failed to load: Unhealthy
supported failed to load: Unsupported
supervisor_api ok
version_api ok
installed_addons File editor (5.4.1), Check Home Assistant configuration (3.11.0), Samba share (10.0.0), ESPHome (2022.3.1), Home Assistant Google Drive Backup (0.106.2), Terminal & SSH (9.6.1)
Dashboards
dashboards 1
resources 0
views 12
mode storage
Recorder
error failed to load: unknown
Sonoff
version 3.3.1 (b20e33c)
cloud_online 3 / 3
local_online 3 / 6

You need to fix your Docker first to do not have an unhealthy installation.

That is the reason why it is not letting you to update and it will not let you again.

I will most likely be able to fix docker no earlier than the summer of 2023, since I do not have physical access to RP4. and to do it remotely is 99% drop everything tightly.
It remains only to overload the supervisor for updates.
Thank you so much for putting up with me. and have a good day.

Just for your information the new supervisor has a built in feature now for stopping updates. You don’t have to update the supervisor anymore. But it will stop you to be able to update core, addons, etc.

I believe the behaviour what you see is the same. And if you are away from the computer for that long period, why do you even need to update anything and risk to break the whole installation?

Good afternoon, my RP4 is a smart home server, located remotely. I install updates so that there are possible changes in quality, but at the same time, when updating, some things necessarily stop working. for example, surveillance cameras. Which of course upsets me.
At one time, a year or more ago, when I was forming my server, the debian installation did not pass as an image on my SSD. and I installed raspberian, which eventually became a mistake now. And now you still have to fix this mistake, but now in the summer. since I don’t have access to the server.

Hi guys,

I have the same issue like sergt78,
i.e. Homeassistant 2022.10.0 installed in supervised configuration on Rpi4 on Debian bullseye 11.5

The reason of impossibility of update is also “docker”.

Just I have fully updated OS, the docker of last version

# docker -v
Docker version 20.10.18, build b40c2f6

And I can’t understand what HA don’t like in my system.
I have rebooted the OS system many times but without success.

There is only one peace of log HA’s log regarding the issue:

2022-10-10 19:07:13.217 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.websocket_api.http.connection] [547584733872] Error updating Home Assistant Core 'HomeAssistantCore.update' blocked from execution, system is not healthy
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/hassio/update.py", line 303, in async_install
await async_update_core(self.hass, version=version, backup=backup)
File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/hassio/handler.py", line 45, in _wrapper
raise HassioAPIError(data["message"])
homeassistant.components.hassio.handler.HassioAPIError: 'HomeAssistantCore.update' blocked from execution, system is not healthy
The above exception was the direct cause of the following exception:
File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/websocket_api/commands.py", line 202, in handle_call_service
await hass.services.async_call(
File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/core.py", line 1738, in async_call
task.result()
File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/core.py", line 1775, in _execute_service
await cast(Callable[[ServiceCall], Awaitable[None]], handler.job.target)(
File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity_component.py", line 207, in handle_service
await service.entity_service_call(
File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/service.py", line 678, in entity_service_call
future.result() # pop exception if have
File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity.py", line 931, in async_request_call
await coro
File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/service.py", line 715, in _handle_entity_call
await result
File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/update/__init__.py", line 154, in async_install
await entity.async_install_with_progress(version, backup)
File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/update/__init__.py", line 413, in async_install_with_progress
await self.async_install(version, backup)
File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/hassio/update.py", line 305, in async_install
raise HomeAssistantError(
homeassistant.exceptions.HomeAssistantError: Error updating Home Assistant Core 'HomeAssistantCore.update' blocked from execution, system is not healthy
3 Likes

Hello, same situation for me trying to update to 2022.10.2.
That’s my log:
'Logger: homeassistant.components.websocket_api.http.connection
Source: components/hassio/update.py:305
Integration: Home Assistant WebSocket API (documentation, issues)
First occurred: 19:13:46 (1 occurrences)
Last logged: 19:13:46

[140016609449712] Error updating Home Assistant Core ‘HomeAssistantCore.update’ blocked from execution, system is not healthy
File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/hassio/update.py”, line 303, in async_install
File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/hassio/handler.py”, line 45, in _wrapper
raise HassioAPIError(data[“message”])
homeassistant.components.hassio.handler.HassioAPIError: ‘HomeAssistantCore.update’ blocked from execution, system is not healthy

File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/websocket_api/commands.py”, line 202, in handle_call_service
File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/core.py”, line 1738, in async_call
task.result()
File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/core.py”, line 1775, in _execute_service
File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity_component.py”, line 207, in handle_service
File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/service.py”, line 678, in entity_service_call
File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity.py”, line 931, in async_request_call
await coro
File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/service.py”, line 715, in _handle_entity_call
await result
File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/update/init.py”, line 154, in async_install
File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/update/init.py”, line 413, in async_install_with_progress
File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/hassio/update.py”, line 305, in async_install
homeassistant.exceptions.HomeAssistantError: Error updating Home Assistant Core ‘HomeAssistantCore.update’ blocked from execution, system is not healthy’

1 Like

Same problem _:wink:
Docker is Updated,reboot, system is not healthy… the reason is docker _____ is there a fix or -:wink: reinstall host

…yesterday I updated one machine to 2022.10.1 and it worked even having a docker 20.10.5. (recommened is 20.10.17 to be healthy, read somewhere). But it go well.

…today, I tried on a different machine to update 2022.10.2 (has changed last version from yertarday), and 2022.10.2 says system ‘not healthy’, stopping.

Seems that 2022.10.2 is the version that seems to unlike our dockers… 2022.10.1 installed on a docker being much older. :-/

1 Like

Is there something wrong with 2022.10.2?..i Will wait for next Update 2022.10.3!!

I have exactly the same problem. Lets wait for .3 version

I re-checked the logs and found only such suspicious string:

22-10-10 20:30:01 ERROR (MainThread) [supervisor.resolution.evaluations.container] Found image in unhealthy image list 'portainer/portainer-ce' on the host

Im really re-installed the portainer (recoveried the password because I lost it, and updated the portainer version up to latest). Could it be a reason?

I have removed the portainer image & contatiner. Restarted the HA - the error in log was eliminated, but HA updating still blocked.

Then I restarted the host system. And voila! =)
I see that error on unhealthy configuration is absent and updating to next release is unblocked too!

Seems my issue was relevant with this another one (just I have another portainer image): [Solved} Supervisor is running in an unhealthy state (because of watchtower container!)

May be it would help to someone.

1 Like

You stopped Portainer or deleted it entirely? I’ve been running Portainer for over a year now and never had an issue updating until now?

Same problem here.

Is there any way to see where the problem comes from? I don‘t see any issues with my docker.

Update:
Found it

22-10-11 05:21:00 ERROR (MainThread) [supervisor.resolution.evaluations.container] Found image in unhealthy image list 'portainer/portainer-ce' on the host

But still don’t understand it. Portainer is up2date and running without errors.

Even if I deinstall portainer it doesn’t work.

22-10-11 05:37:02 WARNING (MainThread) [supervisor.jobs] 'HomeAssistantCore.update' blocked from execution, system is not healthy

Also am having the same issue as the multiple people above me. Seems my image or container portainer/portainer-ce:latest is bringing up this issue?

Is the solution to completely remove portainer, update home assistant, re-install portainer latest? Is this necessary? I feel like this is a false error

Also would like to add I am using portainer:latest, which for me is 2.15.0

same problem, can’t upgrade to core-2022.10.3. docker version 20.10.18

2022-10-11 08:39:55.068 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.websocket_api.http.connection] [2586092520] Error updating Home Assistant Core 'HomeAssistantCore.update' blocked from execution, system is not healthy
File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/hassio/update.py", line 303, in async_install
File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/hassio/handler.py", line 45, in _wrapper
raise HassioAPIError(data["message"])
homeassistant.components.hassio.handler.HassioAPIError: 'HomeAssistantCore.update' blocked from execution, system is not healthy
File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/websocket_api/commands.py", line 202, in handle_call_service
File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/core.py", line 1738, in async_call
task.result()
File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/core.py", line 1775, in _execute_service
File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity_component.py", line 207, in handle_service
File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/service.py", line 678, in entity_service_call
File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity.py", line 931, in async_request_call
await coro
File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/service.py", line 715, in _handle_entity_call
await result
File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/update/__init__.py", line 154, in async_install
File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/update/__init__.py", line 413, in async_install_with_progress
File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/hassio/update.py", line 305, in async_install
homeassistant.exceptions.HomeAssistantError: Error updating Home Assistant Core 'HomeAssistantCore.update' blocked from execution, system is not healthy
1 Like

Any of you, who is running Portainer:

The issue comes from Supervisor and it’s latest PRs. The above PR has been added at 2022.9.2 to Supervisor.
But at that time Supervisor was flagging the system as unhealthy only. Since that, another feature has been added to Supervisor, which is if Supervisor flags the system unhealthy, then it blocks the update of core, add-ons, etc.

My understanding would be if you run Portainer, then the system should be flagged as Unsupported and not Unhealthy, as unhealthy flag is now blocking any updates.

1 Like