'HomeAssistantCore.update' blocked from execution, system is not healthy

changing image’s name is way easier than forking supervisor at every update. I guess :wink:

call the container “this_is_not_the_container_youre_looking_for” and you’re good :smiley:

2 Likes

I will call it “rage_against_ha_police” or “we_want_our_health_back” :rofl: :rofl:

2 Likes

I guess I am not going to make things worse by showing whole command set, we’re here to exchange knowgledge anyway, so here it is: I used this set of commands to pull, tag and start portainer while testing “stealth” mode:

docker stop portainer
docker rm portainer
docker pull portainer/portainer-ce:latest
docker tag portainer/portainer-ce:latest blahblahblah

docker run -d -p 8000:8000 -p 9443:9443 --name=blahblahblah --restart=always -v /var/run/docker.sock:/var/run/docker.sock -v portainer_data:/data blahblahblah

docker rmi portainer/portainer-ce
5 Likes

this is what I missed. thank you

Wait, so container’s name is checked too? Not just image’s?

at least I saw that the container and image name was checked. but with the rename it works now for me as well
thanks to @pejotigrek

1 Like

don’t know. I saw similar solution somewhere and tinkered it to my needs. worked, so didn’t thought too much about it :wink:

…and now I’ll be banned from devs for life! :smiley:

1 Like

Beware of the HA Police!
Anyway, where did he find that?

If that’s to be believed, it’s just the image’s name that’s being checked. I guess we’ll have to check with the HA PD :rofl:

should be here

There are 180k known active installations of HA according to analytics. That obviously doesn’t include the number of installations that have analytics turned off. Even if every currently active user on this forum was opposed that wouldn’t represent a majority of users, let alone this thread

This is a fair complaint. Unsupported and unhealthy is far too hidden currently. It’s being worked on.

2 Likes

Ok, so what would it take for the developers to even remotely think about it and/or discuss other options (switches, red flags etc.)? 180k posts in this thread?

2 Likes

We need to estimate what the number of users here represent in the “general population” of 180K.
Most users won’t make their voices heard in this topic.
Around 40 users and +10K views, what does that equal?
@CentralCommand, are there eny key numbers you use to estimate what the numbers in a forum post equal in the larger user base (180K)?

Another thought, when a discussion like this get’s as passionate as this one it tends to bring in prestige from all parties, making decisions that are objective harder since it brings with it a need to give the other party right, surrendering and an give an implied “I was wrong, you were right”
I really hope we can avoid letting prestige being a factor in this issue.

3 Likes

I’m almost certain that only the image name is being checked, but, anyway, I’ve changed both container and image name. I went for the following and it worked (thanks):

docker stop portainer
docker rm portainer
docker pull portainer/portainer-ce:latest
docker tag portainer/portainer-ce:latest p0rtainer

docker run -d -p 9000:9000 --name=p0rtainer --restart=always -v /var/run/docker.sock:/var/run/docker.sock -v portainer_data:/data p0rtainer

docker rmi portainer/portainer-ce

Now I have a “healthy” HA under System-Settings-Repairs-Software-Utilities-Programs-Supervised-3 dots-Tab-Exclamation mark-System health :rofl: :rofl:

When you update Portainer, you will just have to remember to replace “portainer” in the 2 first commands with “p0rtainer”.
Also, according to this: docker tag | Docker Documentation , docker tag portainer/portainer-ce:latest p0rtainer could just be docker tag portainer-ce p0rtainer but to be honest I didn’t try it.

Let’s see what else we will have to keep in mind every time, until our supervised installs become completely obsolete and/or “prohibited”. And let’s just hope that the developers will not patch all proposed solutions, in order to make our lives more difficult.

11 Likes

I’m prepared - my memory is not always as good as I want it to be, so I have a “oneliner” in my Joplin notebook, to copy-paste and update my stealth portainer ;D

I use black theme on my dashboard, seems like I am already on the darkside of HomeAssistant, feel free to join me in the underground haha

1 Like

I too had this issue with Portainer - whatever check has been put in place is going to REALLY IRRITATE the user base. Portainer is commonly used, especially with Novice users. Whichever way this happened, undo it. Just another massive HA irritation and waste of human cycles this is.

8 Likes

reboot was my previous for past 1 years solution until now october 2022. reboot multiple times and still can’t install update :frowning:

2 Likes

@willer Host restart helps for me.

You can find it here in the Android app:
Configuration
Hardware
3 dots
Host restart (take a while).

Sorry for my language, English is not my language.

How did you do this?