HomeHabit Dashboard - Updates

Happy new year!
I have mjpeg camera and the live video doesn’t work. In the popup I see connecting… In lovelave dashboard the live stream works.
Other thing, how can I move page on dashboard?

Thanks.

@coolweb Happy New Year!

What is the camera config/component used in HA?

Moving is not supported in the app yet.
It is possible to rearrange pages in JSON using Remote Config editor, as a workaround.

Like this:

- platform: mjpeg
   name: Caméra Coralie
   mjpeg_url: http://user:[email protected]/video/mjpg.cgi
   still_image_url: http://user:[email protected]/image/jpeg.cgi

It is unclear why it wouldn’t work. This looks like a supported configuration.
Can you upload debug logs from the Support in the app, right after trying to camera in popup?

I sent the logs.

Thanks for uploading the logs. I thought there maybe an error somewhere during connection, but it looks like there is no data coming through when trying to stream camera. Haven’t seen this issue before, so will need to check more on possible issues.

What is the model of the camera itself?

d-link dcs-5020l

Have a hunch that it might not work because of large image size, will check on it.

@coolweb do you have any other mjpeg cameras that work in HomeHabit app or that the only one you trying to add?

Sorry for late reply, I have 2 cameras which are the same model and same problem and a hik vision camera wich is not mjpeg.

@igorz any news?

@coolweb sorry for delayed response. No good news so far. Previous hunch about the stream image turned out to not be the issue, and nothing else seem to suggest why it wouldn’t work.
One of the possibilities is that d-link cameras do not produce well-formatted MJPEG stream (some brands don’t follow the format), so in the next beta release there will additional logs added that might help figure something out.

@coolweb Can you try 7.0 version on the beta channel, and upload the logs after trying the live camera view? Thanks!

What is the beta channel?
I did another test, I put the url directly in the json config file and it works. With the binding not…

You can enroll for beta updates in the Play Store, in the app listing - more info on Google support page: Try new Android apps before their official release - Google Play Help

That’s interesting. Binding URL would be the one provided by HA, that goes through the HA proxy.
If you are able to install the 7.0 beta, can you try both ways (with binding and direct URL) and upload logs after try?

Logs send.

HomeHabit 7.0: Rules

Rules

This release has the new Rules feature available in HomeHabit Labs.
This is an early release for Rules feature, so it is currently only configurable with Remote Config Editor and it isn’t possible to configure in the app UI yet.

Rules feature allow to perform some UI actions based on certain conditions.
For example: turn on device screen when motion sensor is triggered, or change screen brightness using external dimmer device.

For more information about how to enable and configure the rules: [Labs] Rules.

HomeHabit 7.0
Available starting Apr 10, 2021

HomeHabit 8.0: Custom themes

Custom themes

The new custom themes feature is a great way to add personal touch to a dashboard. With custom themes it is possible to customize variety of widget style properties including changing colors, adding borders or rounded corners.

Starter version can have up to 2 custom themes, in addition to the standard themes.
Premium users can create unlimited number of themes.

Custom widgets

This release adds Custom widgets feature available in HomeHabit Labs.
Custom widgets allow rendering a fully custom widget within existing dashboard. Custom widgets can show and act on any data available from the connected platforms. These widgets are written in JavaScript as Web Components.

:warning: This is an extremely experimental feature. Please make configuration backup before enabling this feature.

For more information about how to enable and create custom widgets: [Labs] Custom widgets - Discussion - HomeHabit Community.

HomeHabit 8.0
Available starting May 9, 2021

1 Like

HomeHabit 9.0: Widget improvements

The new release contains several highly requested widget improvements.

Thermostat widget

Several improvements for the thermostat widget:

• raise/lower temperature buttons
  • half-degree target temperature adjustment with celsius temperatures
  • show decimals for ambient temperature
  • tap to open larger thermostat popup when in 1x1 widget size

Decimal places

It is now possible to adjust displayed number of decimal places displayed in Gauge and Value widgets.
The value text will also auto-resize to better display longer numbers.

Label widget

This new widget can be used to display a static text.

Dimmers

Larger buttons for up/down dimmer style when possible. Applies to Dimmer and Light widgets.

HomeHabit 9.0
Available starting May 31, 2021

1 Like

HomeHabit 10.0: Donut chart widget

Donut chart

The new donut chart widget that allows to quickly show data distribution in a single widget. It is great for displaying home energy consumption and other relative data.
The widget is available in various sizes and layouts to make the best use of dashboard space.

Camera streaming V2 (Labs)

The new HomeHabit Labs feature - Camera streaming V2 provides alternative and improved video stream processing. That should better supporting popular camera streaming formats such as MJPEG and RTSP, and help resolve issues that some users experienced. It also provides better performance on less powerful devices.
Additionally, it adds support for HTTP Live Streaming protocol, that is used by streaming component from Home Assistant in particular.

This is still an in-progress feature, so it might still have some quirks. Please try this out and report any issues.

HomeHabit 10.0
Available starting June 6, 2021

1 Like