Homekit Infused 5 (HKI) v2023.1.3

there is still a light popup card, weather popup is gone

Ah, maybe the popups were never used in the way I think. I’ve followed this ui for quite some time now, but just recently checked in the code.

you need to define the entities also in the light-popup file, otherwise they are not shown
only works with lights though, not input_numbers for volume stuff

I was mostly wondering about the reasoning, I don’t have any problem with implementation :slight_smile:

I moved away from popup cards for a few reasons.

1. They can’t be scrolled on so the size is fixed (and small)
  2. They can be buggy at times depending on the content (especially on older devices)
  3. They are harder to code than views (as they give more problems)
  4. They can’t show more info windows as it is already a more-info window
  5. Views are so much easier to maintain
  6. One less custom:card

Basically I find the views so much better and in my configuration the views will look exactly the same as a popup window. There is no header in my config and all the views are hidden anyways.

I hope this answers your question.

1 Like

Popups aren’t the way to go, I tried using popups as well and it just creates more problems (popup location, size, cross device compatibility, capabilities, etc). Jimz was right to change to views, much more flexible and easier to work with, I don’t see many downsides to doing it this way. I think you will be happier to implement the views like Jimz.

1 Like

I think you both are correct. I will probably keep popups for some things where a whole view is overkill, but I will look into using views this way. I already have cch so it should be easy enough to hide them.

Another great thing about the views is that you can have a tablet variant as well in landscape mode. Without adding too much code. See my repo for examples.

1 Like

Hi everyone I have been a bit silent the last few days working on the next update for this setup.

As promised it will be a weekly/2-weekly schedule and this upcoming update will be released either sunday or monday. From now on all new updates (with the exception of hotfixes) will be released on either Sunday or Monday.

One of the major things coming to this is the new notification system on the frontpage. Yes, visually it will look similar, but now notifications will have actions!

Preview of 0.12.0.

Keep an eye on this thread or my repo to get it first!

1 Like

Looking forward to it, have some notification were I want to click on for quick access :wink:

Hello all quick question to see if anyone has some advice. @jimz011 amazing work btw lots of great stuff here thank you. I have noticed that the swipe card seems to have a small issue on android. When you swipe if you swipe from over a button it will click the button every time. There is an option in the swiper api to preventClicks but it doesn’t seem to help. Has anyone noticed this issue or found a way to fix it?

This is a bug in swipe card. Unfortunately I am not a JS developer. However there is a PR which has a temporary fix. I have that same file in my repo. So you could copy that file over your old one (though it has only been tested on iOS). If you use HACS, just copy the new js file over your old one and reload the plugin via HACS.

Homekit Infused Release v. 0.12.0

Hi all, today I have a great update for all of you. As promised not as fast after the previous one, though a bit larger in size. First of all, I want to announce that after months of work I have given the project a proper name. I will call it Homekit Infused (HKI in short). Continue to read up as this update is really huge.
Unfortunately I can not estimate the time needed to update to 0.12.0, but I would advise you to take at least one to three hours for this update (depending on your skillset). Skilled HA users might be able to do this faster. This update is a big one and has VERY IMPORTANT notes that you SHOULD read!! Fail to read and you will find yourself with a broken setup very soon. Many files have moved in this release and all is done with an eye on the future. Yes the updates I put on lately are pretty rough and a lot of work. But trust me if I say it is for the better as adding stuff will only get easier in time. As you know this config is easier to use/setup with each release and I could make the releases so much bigger. But I prefer you to have a slower pace so you don’t have to rewrite the entire config at once. Anyways I really hope you will enjoy this new release with a completely new notifications system for the frontpage. It is now dynamic and interactive. Cool huh?

Extra Note:

• Releases get reviewed by people that adopt my releases. I do not have the time to review all releases myself, have a full-time job and work on HA at the same time (oh and did I mention all the support I give on HA problems?). So please if you find anything missing in the update files or docs open an issue on my repo and it will be added/changed. Also note that in some cases I did not mark the changes, there are so many changes sometimes that it is better to just read my guides. Follow them and you will be fine. Thank you for your patience.

Changes Overview 20/08/2019:

v. 0.12.0

• A completely revamped notifications system for the frontpage, now notifications are dynamic and interactive
  • Fixed icloud caldav (remove your url in configuration.yaml or secrets.yaml and change it to ‘https://caldav.icloud.com’)
  • Fixed Tile device_tracker (this fix comes from the official HA github and will be pushed into HA 0.98.x, if you can’t wait just copy the custom_component into your own folders. All config will stay the same)
  • Added energy-usage to some button-cards (Special thanks to @ jeroenklompen, tweakers.net, unfortunately I do not know his community/github name to properly thank him)
  • Changed currently on view with a auto-entities card, no longer will you need to hardcode entities on this page. (Special thanks to @xMrVizzy for sharing the code)
  • Moved/renamed files to make navigating folders more easy
  • Split some of the config for the same reason as above
  • A lot of style fixes
  • Added some more tablet code
  • Many small fixes and changes, for full changes see the update guides

Click here for the changelogs (an overview of the changes, not all changes are mentioned)

Click here for update guides (a detailed changelog and instructions on how to update)

3 Likes

Homekit Infused Release v0.12.1

• Something went wrong with the upload of 0.12.0 as ui-lovelace.yaml was missing.

If you have updated already all you need is to copy the ui-lovelace.yaml file to your own setup. If you have not updated yet you can just download this release(0.12.1) and use the guide from 0.12.0 (as the only difference in this release is a missing file).

For the ones prefering a video on the changes from 0.12.0 and 0.12.1 please watch the video below. And you know what? I took the courtesy of explaining what happens in this video. Keep in mind, I am not a youtuber and I pretty much suck at it and as you can clearly hear, I was not prepared at all XD (maybe if I’d prepare it better than yeah, but that would take away all the precious time I have to put in HA no?)

Anyways, please let me know if you’d want to see more videos like this instead of the soundless video’s I have posted in the past. Thank you for your time and support!

Changes in 0.12.0/0.12.1 video

6 Likes

Hi,
first of all a huge thank you for making this available to all of us, such a great work! Love it.
I am in the process of setting it up, and so far it going pretty well. did a couple of views already when the 0.12.1 update came out.
I decided to remake it from the start (since I wasnt too far into it yet) with the fresh 0.12.1 files.

Just one small note: The discord link in the first post doesnt work anymore

EDIT: And I think you should really make the update videos with voice!!

1 Like

How does this all looks and works in PC?
Or iPad?

Please take a look at the video in the first post. There are 2 videos. The first is made on smartphone, the second on a tablet. In a browser it will look roughly the same as on a tablet just a bit larger.

2 Likes

Thanks Dear

@jimz011, could you please run through how you did your roborock map? I have a PDF of the plan of my place that I’d like to bring into the interactive lovelace card for the roborock, any advice would be greatly appreciated.