Homekit Infused 5 (HKI) v2023.1.3

Thanks for this great video tutorial, it got really great.

Thanks. So under Menu i see My View and in there i see my picture. Sorry if this seems a basic question.

How do i get the picture to show on the main page and not having to go in to my view

Craig

look up 2 posts, this question has literally been asked 2 posts ago :stuck_out_tongue:

Thanks mate. i did see your reply and i copied out the code from the example in to my views.yaml file. I am just asking specifically how to view the people picture outside of the my view. Apologies if i am missing something.

Craig

Could you be a bit more specific. Since I donā€™t think I really understand what you mean.

Hi Jim.

Using the code in your github when I use that you will see it creates the My View. Whebn I open that I see myself and Mrs picture.

What i am trying to achieve is what you have here. Ignore the red numbers, its just a picture i grabbed off internet.

hki

Hi Jim,

I have installed HomeKit Infused 5 for the first time and I get the following errors:

I do not use HACS, so I have installed the card components manually and added the resources etc.

2022-03-16 11:47:34 WARNING (SyncWorker_0) [homeassistant.loader] We found a custom integration lovelace_gen which has not been tested by Home Assistant. This component might cause stability problems, be sure to disable it if you experience issues with Home Assistant
2022-03-16 11:47:34 WARNING (SyncWorker_1) [homeassistant.loader] We found a custom integration browser_mod which has not been tested by Home Assistant. This component might cause stability problems, be sure to disable it if you experience issues with Home Assistant
2022-03-16 11:48:28 ERROR (MainThread) [frontend.js.latest.202203011] http://192.168.1.33:8123/local/layout-card.js:13:3317 Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read properties of undefined (reading 'disconnect')
2022-03-16 11:48:42 ERROR (MainThread) [frontend.js.latest.202203011] http://192.168.1.33:8123/local/layout-card.js:13:3317 Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read properties of undefined (reading 'disconnect')
2022-03-16 11:49:42 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.helpers.entity] Entity media_player.browser_9672c389_b099c159 (<class 'custom_components.browser_mod.media_player.BrowserModPlayer'>) implements device_state_attributes. Please report it to the custom component author.
2022-03-16 11:49:42 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.helpers.entity] Entity light.browser_9672c389_b099c159 (<class 'custom_components.browser_mod.light.BrowserModLight'>) implements device_state_attributes. Please report it to the custom component author.
2022-03-16 11:49:42 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.helpers.entity] Entity sensor.browser_9672c389_b099c159 (<class 'custom_components.browser_mod.sensor.BrowserModSensor'>) implements device_state_attributes. Please report it to the custom component author.
2022-03-16 11:50:24 ERROR (MainThread) [frontend.js.latest.202203011] http://192.168.1.33:8123/local/layout-card.js:13:3317 Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read properties of undefined (reading 'disconnect')
2022-03-16 11:51:41 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.homeassistant] The system cannot restart because the configuration is not valid: Package hki_configuration setup failed. Component lovelace has duplicate key 'mode'
2022-03-16 11:51:41 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.helpers.script.websocket_api_script] websocket_api script: Error executing script. Error for call_service at pos 1: The system cannot restart because the configuration is not valid: Package hki_configuration setup failed. Component lovelace has duplicate key 'mode'
2022-03-16 11:51:41 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.websocket_api.http.connection] [547421735568] Error handling message: The system cannot restart because the configuration is not valid: Package hki_configuration setup failed. Component lovelace has duplicate key 'mode'
2022-03-16 12:02:53 ERROR (MainThread) [frontend.js.latest.202203011] http://192.168.1.33:8123/local/layout-card.js:13:3317 Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read properties of undefined (reading 'disconnect')
2022-03-16 12:08:15 ERROR (MainThread) [frontend.js.latest.202203011] http://192.168.1.33:8123/local/layout-card.js:13:3317 Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read properties of undefined (reading 'disconnect')
2022-03-16 12:08:21 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.homeassistant] The system cannot restart because the configuration is not valid: Package hki_configuration setup failed. Component lovelace has duplicate key 'mode'
2022-03-16 12:08:21 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.helpers.script.websocket_api_script] websocket_api script: Error executing script. Error for call_service at pos 1: The system cannot restart because the configuration is not valid: Package hki_configuration setup failed. Component lovelace has duplicate key 'mode'
2022-03-16 12:08:21 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.websocket_api.http.connection] [547421735568] Error handling message: The system cannot restart because the configuration is not valid: Package hki_configuration setup failed. Component lovelace has duplicate key 'mode'
2022-03-16 12:12:18 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.homeassistant] The system cannot restart because the configuration is not valid: Package hki_configuration setup failed. Component lovelace has duplicate key 'mode'
2022-03-16 12:12:19 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.helpers.script.websocket_api_script] websocket_api script: Error executing script. Error for call_service at pos 1: The system cannot restart because the configuration is not valid: Package hki_configuration setup failed. Component lovelace has duplicate key 'mode'
2022-03-16 12:12:19 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.websocket_api.http.connection] [547421735568] Error handling message: The system cannot restart because the configuration is not valid: Package hki_configuration setup failed. Component lovelace has duplicate key 'mode'

Have you an idea what is going wrong ?

Regards.

In your own config, remove the lovelace mode.

1 Like

Update:

I removed lovelace_gen: from the configuration.yaml file. It seems that this instruction was already in the installation guide and I missed it.

However, My UI has not rendered how I expected.

The themes are not available?

Because I do not use HACS - do I have to change the path in certain files/folders?

No, but maybe check your profile and see what it says? It should say backend-selected.

If that is true, go to the HKI settings and try change the theme over there.

1. Is the title, which is embedded into every addon (in this case you would use the weather addon, since well it would be number 1 and 2 combined)
  2. Same as 1
  3. This is now known as the favorites addon and should be filled automatically if you set your view to show up in favorites
  4. notifications are at the top in HKI 3/4/5 and no longer at the bottom. Notifications are set through the notifications.yaml file

edit: my_view: is nothing, itā€™s just an example to show you where to put the code. You might want to watch this, it will tell you how to use the addons. Homekit Infused 5 - Part 03 - Addons (2022) - YouTube

I have no option to change my Theme within the UI?

# Configure a default setup of Home Assistant (frontend, api, etc)
default_config:

homeassistant:
  packages: !include_dir_named packages/

browser_mod:

# Text to speech
tts:
  - platform: google_translate

automation: !include automations.yaml
script: !include scripts.yaml
scene: !include scenes.yaml

Its not a fresh install? I mean did you use other dashboards or themes on that installation before?

Try clearing cookies (not just cache!) Also make sure you have the following folder: hki-base/themes

Clearing cache and deleting cookies solved my issue. Thanks.

I really really really like this dashboard!!! I use homekit infused version 3.4.1 right now. I know it from bilibili (like youtube in china). I was surprised to find that there was version 5 now . And you are the anthor. I often see Dutch in yaml files :slight_smile: I will update my version now,i canā€™t wait it .But it is not easyā€¦Seems i can not update it , i need to start all over again. Maybe I will meet much problem, i hope to get in touch with you. And i want to promote this dashboard in china. This is very cool, Iā€™m sure all of them will be surprised when see it.

1 Like

Well Iā€™m always here to help (though you will find faster support on Discord).

I am actually very aware that this dashboard has some fans in China that is great!

Unfortunately you will need to start over yes, but trust me it is well worth it. Compared to HKI 4 it has over 200+ improvements and new featuresā€¦ but compared to HKI 3? I think this must be over a 1000+ new features, additions, settings and improvements!

Great to have such a following in China!

I know this is a total beginner question.
when i remove the welcome message in views.yaml i can not get any buttons to show up on the front page. So in this eksample there is no Lights button showing. it shows fine in menu and favorites?

views: # NEVER REMOVE THIS LINE

# Default views (you can edit them!)

# Home
  home:
    title: greeting
    show_in_navbar: true
    show_in_menu: false
    icon: mdi:home

# Menu
  menu:
    title: Menu
    subtitle: "[[[ return `HKI 5 v.${states['sensor.hki_current_version'].state}`; ]]]"
    icon: mdi:apps
    addons:
      favorites:
        - title: Favorites
      menu:
        - title: Menu

# Add your own views below this line!

# Lights (example)
  lights:
    title: Lights
    show_in_favorites: true
    icon: mdi:lightbulb
#    addons:
#      button:
#        - title: Living Room
#          entities:
#            - entity: light.ceiling
#            - entity: light.table

I really appreciate your reply. It felt like the first time I saw LeBron(NBA Star) in China. Thatā€™s cool!

Because some unknown reason(it should be network reason you knowā€¦) I can not connect to Discordā€¦

In fact, I donā€™t have much programming experience. I just know some knowledge about python. So itā€™s difficult for me to re-write all the page. I spent almost four months to modify the infused 3.4.1 before, And Iā€™m based on your personal settings. I want do it again this time. I upload you personal settings and modify something like token,secret certificate and so on. When i restart the homeassistant, it doesnā€™t jump into the safe mode, seems good. But unfortunately the homekit infused 5 is loading loading loading(Itā€™s been circling) And my homeassistant become very very slow. I have no idea and go to sleep, hope i can fix by itself. Of course, the result is not ideal. Now Iā€™ve made coffee, sat in front of the computer and tried to find out the problem.

Although I donā€™t have much knowledge and programming experience, I will still use my persistence to complete it. And share with my china friends. I promise theyā€™ll all know you. Thanks again, and if you have any way to make it easier for me to use your settings, please let me know. BIG THANKS!

1 Like

I want to know how can i own this entity ā€œsensor.reistijd_jimmy_workā€ , It seems that my iPhone is not generated. I remember in version 3.4.1 it use travel_time_to_home, i didnā€™t solve this problem.

- type: conditional
    conditions:
      - state: "home"
        entity: person.jimmy
    elements:
      - type: state-label
        entity: sensor.reistijd_jimmy_work
        style:
          top: 0
          right: 0
          pointer-events: none
          transform: initial
          font-size: var(--state-font-size)
          font-weight: var(--state-font-weight)
          font-family: var(--font-family)
          color: AliceBlue
          line-height: 32px
          padding: 28px 28px
      - type: icon
        icon: mdi:office-building
        style:
          top: 0
          right: 0
          pointer-events: none
          transform: scale(0.8)
          color: AliceBlue
          line-height: 32px
          padding: 35px 7px
          font-size: 11px  
          font-family: var(--font-family)
  - type: conditional

Sorry, another questionā€¦

You can see the problem in the first picture. I want to restore my original settings about weather. But some issue I can not fix it, could help take look it? Thanks!!!

# Home
  home:
    title: greeting
    icon: mdi:home
    layout:
      layout:
        card_margin: 4px 8px 8px
        margin: 0px 8px
    addons:
      #weather:
      #  - title: hide
      #    type: simple_weather
      #    entity: weather.eindhoven
      #    city_name: Eindhoven
      weather:
        - title: å¤©ę°”
          type: custom:weather-card
          entity: weather.kyra_home
          number_of_forecasts: 5      
      iframe:
        - url: https://embed.windy.com/embed2.html?lat=31.2094&lon=121.4544&detailLat=31.3503&detailLon=121.4999&width=650&height=750&zoom=10&level=surface&overlay=wind&product=ecmwf&marker=&calendar=now&pressure=true&type=map&location=coordinates&metricWind=km%2Fh&metricTemp=%C2%B0C&radarRange=-1%22%20frameborder=%220%22       
        - aspect_ratio: 125%

picture_elements:
        - title: hide
          columns: 2
          cards:
            - image: /local/images/person_image/kyrie.png
              elements:
                !include ../elements/frontpage-photo-jimmy.yaml
            - image: /local/images/person_image/kyra.png
              elements:
                !include ../elements/frontpage-photo-stephanie.yaml
        - title: hide