Homekit Infused 5 (HKI) v2023.1.3

Hm that might be something worth considering. I have actually changed the entire css I made for this and the heating has stopped. So it is definitely a css issue. I do not know which line causes it though. I even tried with all resources disabled and a single view with only one card. It would still heat up like a boss (only the theme was active).

For spinning icons I never really had problems though as I run HA on a server instead of an RPI. But it is good to mention it anyways. Thanks!

might have a look here: https://swiperjs.com/api/#parameters, under CSS Scroll Snap/cssMode

1 Like

This is related to swiper right? Well swiper doesn’t seem to be the problem though. I have swiper active just like before but no more heating up.

It also heated up with only the theme active (no resources, no custom cards, no swiper, only a single entity-button, single view and the theme active) It would still heat up. I think it is really crazy.

I even tried the “clear” theme from HACS. Same result, heats up very fast. So it must be one of the lines that causes this I guess?

Currently it works without heating like crazy, though I have removed almost all css from the configuration. I got like 4 lines left (which is fine for my light theme as it doesn’t deviate too much from it, but I really wonder how I am going to do the other themes).

I will take a look at this anyways as it sounds interesting.

I did that in the popup-device-counters.yaml, and indeed it stops the toggle. Doesn’t show any more-info though.

Maybe domain dependent action should be introduced, Ill think of some template :wink:

changing the notification template doesn’t help, it shows more info on the inout_boolean.dummy1. Ive taken that out (dont know why you added that, since it doesn’t do anything) but then the more-info is useless also. Might add a navigate to my alerts page as a working and relevant alternative

Ah yes, my bad, you should also have an entity configured in (you might be able to do that within the notifications file, not the template). I put in the dummy so it gets the default styles from a button. Whereas using no entity or some sensor entity sometimes gives me icons etc that are transparent or the card would not have the right colors (and I would need to define default operators, while this way it just takes the defaults).

Anyways, try adding

- entity: your entity

To any of the notifications. I think that should do it (provided you also have the more-info action within the template). I will fix that in the next update!

I replaced it with {{entity}} but am not sure it does anything :wink:

btw, since I am new to the popup windows, is it correct the popup isn’t scrollable? showing 26 lights ‘on’… doesn’t fit the screen, but when scrolling I only see the page behind the popup scroll, and not the popup itself.

another more fundamental question: why don’t you use the full notifications file in the front-page header? It confused me since you have many conditions and notifications doubled now, both in the notifications.yaml, and in the frontpage_header.yaml

I use it like this now (only copies the second horizontal-stack), and seems to work perfectly:

- type: horizontal-stack
        cards:
#          - !include ../includes/blank-card.yaml
          - type: custom:swipe-card
            parameters:
              effect: 'coverflow'
              allowTouchMove: true
              grabCursor: true
              autoplay:
                disableOnInteraction: false
            cards:
              !include ../notifications/notifications.yaml
#          - type: conditional
#            conditions:
#              - entity: alarm_control_panel.ha_rpi4_alarm
#                state_not: disarmed
#            card:
#              type: custom:swipe-card
#              parameters:
#                effect: 'coverflow'
#                allowTouchMove: true
#                grabCursor: true
#                autoplay:
#                  disableOnInteraction: false
#              cards:
#                # Motion Detector Triggered
#                - type: conditional
#                  conditions:
#                    - entity: binary_sensor.motion_in_hq
#                      state: 'on'
#                  card:
#                    !include
#                    - template_notification.yaml
#                    - entity:  input_boolean.notify_motion
#                      icon: mdi:motion-sensor
#                      name: Motion in HQ!!
#                      spin: true
#                # Alarm Triggered
#                - type: conditional
#                  conditions:
#                    - entity: alarm_control_panel.ha_rpi4_alarm
#                      state: 'triggered'
#                  card:
#                    !include
#                    - template_notification.yaml
#                    - entity: input_boolean.notify_alarm
#                      icon: mdi:alert
#                      name: LET OP! Het alarm is afgegaan, LET OP!
#                # Alarm Armed
#                - !include
#                  - template_notification.yaml
#                  - entity: input_boolean.notify_alarm
#                    icon: mdi:alert
#                    name: LET OP! Het alarm is ingeschakeld!
          - type: custom:button-card
            name: Home
            icon: >
              [[[ return states['sensor.alarm_panel_icon'].state ]]]
            size: 75%
            color: auto
            entity: alarm_control_panel.ha_rpi4_alarm
            show_name: false
            deep_press: true
            show_state: false
            show_label: false
            hold_action:
              action: navigate
              navigation_path: alarm
              haptic: light
            tap_action:
              action: navigate
              navigation_path: alarm
              haptic: light
            styles:
              card:
                - --ha-card-background: var(--primary-background-color)
                - border-radius: 50%
                - box-shadow: none
                - width: 30px
                - height: 30px
              img_cell:
                - align-self: start
                - text-align: start
              icon:
                - color: >
                    [[[ return states['sensor.alarm_panel_icon_color'].state ]]]

- type: custom:button-card
            template: horizontal-filler

no more double code, and all notifications swiped. No need to make a difference between alarm on or off is there, since the conditions are already set in the notifications.yaml …?

I have already changed all of it yesterday, so the code is already old haha. But yes the template is merged now, including all the header templates (which are a single one now). I will update the repo soon. Still needs some tweaking to do.

Uhm popups should be scrollable, though I am not entirely sure if it also works on legacy popups (the more info ones).

But it scrolls fine for me though. I know that a while ago scrolling wasn’t possible at all on popup-cards and it still isn’t quite superb. You could change the template to show 4 columns instead of 3, that way it should fit better at least (though text will be cut off when the names are too long).

can confirm that using the entity: in the notifications.yaml and more-info for tap_action in the notification template works fine!

- type: conditional
  conditions:
    - entity: binary_sensor.schimmel_alert
      state: 'on'
  card:
    !include
    - '../templates/template_notification.yaml'
    - entity: sensor.schimmel_sensor
      icon: mdi:blur-radial
      name: >
        [[[ return `Schimmel alert: ${states['sensor.schimmel_sensor'].state}% / CO2: ${states['sensor.co2_living'].state} ppm` ]]]
      spin: true

as an example of a notification, while clicking the line in the card, it brings up the more-info of another related sensor . Could be anything of course, but like this it provides a full package of info under 1 buttonclick. Nice!

1 Like

I had actually created these kind of notifications in the past (I think in 0.11 of my setup) but I had removed it for this test as I want people to test the essential stuff first before the non-essential stuff. I will definitely change the template back again so that this remains possible.

I’m glad it works out for you!

Alright, I have been able to fix most of the issues from this weeks release including the heat issues. I will post an update either tomorrow or monday depending on the time available.

Remember that this is an early “alpha” version so the code I will release is very different from the current alpha! If you have made edits I suggest that you save them and copy/paste them back in after the release.

If all is well and the next test goes succesfull I will remove the alpha tag. All versions beyond that will be updateable like you were used to prior to v 0.13.3!

Thanks for your patience, feedback and thanks for the support!

2 Likes

Hi Jim, thank you for the updates. I started to follow you documentatio and I probably missed something but I am stuck at one error:

2020-01-26 10:33:40 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.bootstrap] Error loading /config/configuration.yaml: in "/config/configuration.yaml", line 61, column 15: Unable to read file /config/configuration/lovelace_gen/lovelace_gen.yaml

I can not find this file in your repo. Can you support me to go to the correct direction to correct this?

Can you please show your configuration.yaml file? The lovelace_gen: part should look like this:

lovelace_gen: !include global_config.yaml and you should have a file global_config.yaml in the /config directory

Ok I see, in the repo homeassistant)/configuration.example.yaml exemple it doesn’t point to the correct file:

# Lovelace Gen
lovelace_gen: !include configuration/lovelace_gen/lovelace_gen.yaml

Well the file name says it, it is an example file.
The documentation states that you need to copy all the contents from the configuration.yaml file. You have used the configuration.example.yaml file. Which was actually meant as an example. I will remove the examples.

Please copy the contents from the correct file.

Hi Jim, you are right and now I understand how the doc is done. Sorry for my misunderstandint as your doc and file structure is clear.

No problem, no one is perfect :rofl::joy:

Anyone have trouble with the battery page? It works fine if I change the card type to an entities card, but with your code and trying to use the layout/button cards as it is I get this:

good morning everyone…the battery view works for me…the problem is that when i use the iphone the views flicker, which does not happen from the pc…

Jim, is it possible to have your configuration to work on? because I struggled to understand the various settings

Which iPhone are you using? Please be informed that this frontend is quite heavy, so older phones might have problems.

iphone 6s … i imagined the problem could be connected to this