Homekit Infused 5 (HKI) v2023.1.3

Thanks, I actually like the svg approach, but I will look into what looks best.

I have a closed beta at the end of this week, for people that want to try it please join my slack channel (link in the first post). I hope to have it ready on friday!

I like the SVG approach, as well. I wanted custom images for different locations, but it requires a good bit of work.

1 Like

What is the code for Hassos, SpeedTest and Update cards?
Thanks

Update: v2.0.0 closed beta will arrive within 48 hours. If you want to test this join the slack channel (link in the first post) and ask me personally. No open beta this time around!

Videos will come after the weekend!

Thank you for the support and patience!

5 Likes

Update: Wanted to let you all know that the beta is currently running (we’re at beta 6) and that the release will come somewhere next week. People that want to help testing can still join the beta (please join slack for links, you can find the invite in the first post of this thread).

Videos will come soon, they will all be released on the same day (to add up to the “surprise” factor)!

3 Likes

Hey @jimz011, I know you are onto bigger and better things with 2.0, I didn’t look into it enough yet to see what’s invovled in moving my setup, but I was wondering if you have any idea where this scrollbar is coming from, it started a week or two ago… I’m assuming an update to one of the plugins changed something?

Haha yes, well beta7 is out already with beta8 coming tonight, so far so good. Users tell me it is the easiest version of HKI to date as everything can be set in real-time within the UI. Though currently it is a bit heavy. If you haven’t tried v2.0.0 yet I will advise you to try it on a test environment. Moving from 1.1 to 2.0.0 should be super simple. Most users report that they have installed HKI from scratch within the hour!

As to answer your question, honestly I have not seen that before, so I wouldn’t know where it comes from though I have heard someone talking about layout-card doing this, but I don’t have it so I doubt that it’s the card that causes this.

I also have a question for you, could you elaborate on what those little circles in your buttons do?

I have layout-card from the previous setup so maybe that’s where’s it coming from… thanks

The circle is because my color bulbs icons always stayed the color of the last color change, even after changing the “temperature” back to normal color, the icon stayed the last rgb color (not sure why, but it annoyed me to have a red or blue bulb icon when the light was on standard colors) so that was a way to show that it is a color bulb, and it changes depending what color it is, but the icon still does the standard yellow on off color a normal bulb would do. (I have kids and they like to randomly make the lights colors… it makes it easier for them to know which bulbs can change colors)

Also I just finished moving all my color bulbs directly to HA with my HUSBZB-1, instead of with the Lightify component/gateway after hearing about the Lightify shutdown… which has changed the behavior, which is actually working awesome because now the circle disappears on regular color, or at least changes to the temperature color in some cases… (just noticed this after you mentioned the circle, thanks)

Also no scroll bar on mobile

are you using custom: swipe-card with cube effect?

No, that page is just layout-card, Lovelace gen, and custom button card, and I guess with the header included hui-vertical-stack-in-card, and browser mod, but all my pages have the header and don’t all exhibit that behavior… it’s weird because it will also sometimes “flicker-away” for a bit then pop back up, I actually wrote a post to ask Jim about it a few days ago, but it suddenly stopped so I didn’t ask.

Hi there…just installed this theme …I’m impressed of the work but anyway I have a basic problem …no single entity shows up like climate lights etc … Where do ihave to start now to get lights in the room ?

Hello @thundergreen, you should fill in the rooms_and_groups.yaml file.

Each room currently has 4 groups and you should put your devices in the corresponding groups. Put rgb lights in the rgb group of that room, color temp in color temp, standard lights in the default group and switches into the room_x_all_devices group.

Unfortunately this is the only thing you must setup in YAML. All other stuff can be entered within the UI. Also make sure you’ve passed the onboarding process. If you haven’t then you must trigger the onboarding process yourself by calling an automation.trigger service. But I guess you did pass the onboarding process.

Just make sure you fill in that file and your views will be autofilled with whatever you have put inside there. I am currently thinking of revising the way those groups work and in the future I want people to be able to give in their entities at the onboarding process as well. However this is currently not possible.

If you want faster support please ask on Slack (as you are already on there!)

Dear @jimz011

Any update when you planning upload the video guide.
How to install on clean hassio installation?

Thanks,

Hi @yoni3210 unfortunately I have some family matters I have to attend to. I also have a lot of fixes to do before releasing 2.0.0 to the public. But because of the first reason I had to postpone it for a bit. Though I urge you to join our discord server as it is really easy to install HKI 2.0.0 (beta7) and anyone there can easily help you out. Trust me when I tell you that 2.0.0 is MUCH easier to install than 1.1!

Please check out the link in the followup post.

@everyone that is following this thread and/or used to contact me on Slack please note that we have moved over to Discord. You can join us there (even if you don’t follow this thread).

Why not use the official home assistant discord? :thinking:

Well there are several reasons for that. First and foremost, I can’t have my own support channel on the official discord servers. Second, we already have/had lively community on Slack and most of them prefer our “smaller” size community. Third, some people find the official HA discord too cluttered and they might find the urge to take the step to the official HA discord a bit huge. There are a lot of very knowledgeable people on the HA discord and it can be daunting for a new user to get into such a crowded and technical discord.

Like I said, we were on slack before and with a small community comes some perks. We know most people, and most people will know each other which makes it more fun and manageable for most users. Though I personally am on the HA discord server as well, as well as the one from Frenck.

WARNING: People using HKI 2.0.0beta or v1.1 and below. DO NOT UPDATE to 0.107.x. It will NOT work! It will be fixed as soon as Custom Header releases an update to work with 0.107.x. Currently this is out of my hands and all we can do is hope that he’ll releases a fix soon! Sorry for the inconvenience.

I can assist in discord with reinstalling home assistant and assist where possible with HKI :slight_smile:

2 Likes