HomeMatic IP Request: Add NEW HmIP DLD Door Lock

Homematic IP released a new Smart Door Lock which works great but has no Home Assistant Integration yet.

https://www.homematic-ip.com/zutritt.html

I can see the Door Lock entity in HA but only the battery level. Would be great to have the door lock fully integrated and especially in the HomeKit Integration available :slight_smile:

Any chance getting this request to the feature request? How can I assist? Unfortunately my technical / programming skills are limited :frowning:
Thanks!

Hi,

same Problem here.
I dont even see the battery status.

Lock is completely invisible for Home assistant.

Greetings,
Bjƶrn

2 Likes

Would be great if the doorlock will be added to Home Assistant soon. HMIP App is really limited in regards of automation, and having the doorlock in HomeKit would be also a big benefit!

1 Like

How did you get managed to see the battery level? The HmIP-DLD is my first HmIP device. And Iā€™m not sure, if I set it up correctly. I have this in my configuration.yaml:

homematic:
  interfaces:
    ip:
      host: 192.168.178.7
      port: 2010
      username: !secret homematic_username
      password: !secret homematic_password

just add ā€œhomekit:ā€ to the ā€œconfiguration.yamlā€ and reboot - you should see than all HomeMatic devices which are compatibel in HomeKIt. You will see a HomeKit barcode at the start page in HomeAssistant - just scan the code in your homekit app on you iphone and add it.

I use the homematic.set_device_value meanwhile in a script to Lock/unlock/open the door.
So at least Iā€™m able to controll the device. Unfortunatelly it is not possibel (as far as I know) to read the current state of the lock.

address: SERIALOFDEVICEGOESHERE
channel: 1
param: LOCK_TARGET_LEVEL
value: OPEN

Valid values are: OPEN, LOCKED, UNLOCKED

3 Likes

cool, can this somehow be connected to the homekit plugin? would be great being able to lock and unlock via my apple watch or iphone home app. any tips or tricks? :slight_smile:

Would be nice to have it in home assistant directly

2 Likes

Can you maybe point me into the right direction, where can I find all the Papameter lists for each hmip devices. Just started to use hmip mainly because of this door lock ā€¦ Using the raspberrymatic addon for HA

1 Like

Here you can find the device documentation from 06/2019.

And here is what I have collected so far in JSON format. But itā€™s only a small subset of HmIP devices. But it includes the DLD.

3 Likes

Any chance to get the HMIP DLD doorlock integrated into Home Assistant? Would be happy supporting with any testing :blush:

Not in the near future. The current architecture of the integration doesnā€™t support the way the lock works. If you just want to control it without reading the current state, you probably can use the homematic.set_device_value service. LOCK_TARGET_LEVEL is looking like a promising parameter. You would call that with a value of 0 (lock), 1 (unlock) or 2 (open). But thatā€™s just a guess.

2 Likes

Daniel, many thanks!

Is the integration not possible with the CCU3 or HMIP Access Point? Or both? Thanks!

So i was a bit to optimistic buying the lock thinking it will be Home Assistant / HomeKitw integrated :frowning:

Iā€™m talking about this integration. For the one using the Access Point I donā€™t know. But judging by what I have seen, the development for the cloud integration has stalled. So I would guess that in both cases you wonā€™t get any results in the near future.

I was very frustrated that this device is not supported, but i also did not want to spend so much money for nuki.
I managed to get that working through variables in Homematic. This solution roughly looks like this:

I have created two variables:
1 Status: a program sets the variable value to true or false as soon as the device is locked or unlocked:
2 Trigger: a program triggers the lock/unlock, as soon as this variable is changed:

At the end i added a Template Lock in HA:

lock:
  - platform: template
    name: Basedoor
    unique_id: basedoor
    value_template: "{{ states.homematic.ccu2.attributes.base_lock_status }}"
    lock:
      service: homematic.set_variable_value
      data:
        entity_id: homematic.ccu2
        name: base_lock_trigger
        value: true
    unlock:
      service: homematic.set_variable_value
      data:
        entity_id: homematic.ccu2
        name: base_lock_trigger
        value: false

I am pretty new to HA and not an expert in Homematic. If there are things that can be improved, please let me know! I am concerned about the undefined/unknown status, which DLD is raising when sth unexpected happened.
At least this is working for now and it is ā€œjustā€ for a door in the basement.

Hope this helps and thanks a lot btw. for all the great work you are doing:)

1 Like

Nice work. :+1:

May I ask if you have tried to use the homematic.set_device_value service (for locking and unlocking) I have mentioned above? That way you wouldnā€™t have to use the program in the CCU, just the variable for the status. Note, that I donā€™t know if what I have suggested above actually works. I just assume it might based on how the parameter (LOCK_TARGET_LEVEL) is defined in the paramset description.

Thx.
The crazy thing is that the device does not appear in honeassistant. There is no entity created. When I have some time early next week I will post my integration config. I might miss sth. If that would work the solution would be much smarter!

If you have any HomeMatic devices visible, then you should also have the homematic.*-services. Thatā€™s not an entity, itā€™s the domain where the integration provides the services for manual usage.

can you give a hint, where those ā€œserviceā€ should have to go ?

does address,channel, param, value go to data-section of a service definition ?
into configuration.yamlā€¦
the service set_device_value is mentioned in homematic doku on hass.io, but under actionā€¦
Everything I do leads to ā€œthere is a configuration errorā€ā€¦ It would be helpful to show (and appreciated) what you put where (as snippets) to make it work ?

Maybe this way:
e.g.:
configuration.yaml

service: homematic.set_device_value
  data:
     address: serial
     channel:1
     value: open

(the dokus miss always the part, what this is, what they are talking aboutā€¦ they throw a lot of words and params into a bowl, and never explain what it isā€¦ e.g. ā€œaddressā€ā€¦ in the examples (homematic) there is always LEQ123456ā€¦ how one can conclude from that, that this should be the SerialNo of Deviceā€¦ all devices of homematic have a MAC-address looking SerNo, why there is a ā€œLEQā€-Prefix in the example? they should mention it, what the param means - very hard and very very frustating to come to an understanding by reading docs if the crafted that way)

I assume this is what your template-lock should look like:

lock:
  - platform: template
    name: Basedoor
    unique_id: basedoor
    value_template: "{{ states.homematic.ccu2.attributes.base_lock_status }}"
    lock:
      data:
        address: 0011223344...
        value: 0
    unlock:
      data:
        address: 0011223344...
        value: 1

Thatā€™s how the serials of the old HomeMatic devices looked like. The MAC-like addresses were introduced with HomeMatic IP. And back then when we started the HomeMatic integration (and documentation) the old devices were what the users primarily had. So to those people it was clear what this placeholder was referring to.

2 Likes