HomeOS - A Wall Tablet Dashboard [ Release 1.0][Jan 2024]

Hi Folks,

Here is HomeOS. (finally)
I rewrite the entire code to simplify the sharing of the code. Still not perfect but getting there.
And I completely change my approach to Home Assistant installation, now everything run into separate container, welcome to almost High Availability :slight_smile:

I’m running Home Assistant in a docker container on a NAS DS920+.
The Wall Mount tablet is a FireHD 10 from amazon running Fully Kiosk Browser.

ScreenShot as of 23 January 2024

Dark mode

Light mode

Credit

I hope you find this interesting !

Seb

15 Likes

Let me know what you think and/or if you have question on the code.

2 Likes

I really like your dashboard. I’ll test it and let you know what I think.

1 Like

Hello avenger11,
I started looking at your code.
Can you tell me what is referring to sensor.maison_icon_code?
thk

Hi Benjamin,

I think you referring to sensor.montreal_icon_code.
If that’s the case, it’s a sensor provided by the Montreal environment canada integration. (Weather integration)

Seb

Ok. I’m in France, so I don’t have this integration. I have to figure out how to fit it…

Hello Avenger11,
I have a problem with the card person on the right. I have no blur effect on the background. the card also does not take the foreground image.
can you help me ?
Thanks

here is a screenshot; it can help! :sweat_smile:

Hi Benjamin,

I didn’t find a solution to have a blurry background yet.

Instead the following part of the code in HomePlay is my picture already blur for the background.

styles:
         card:
           - background-image: url('/local/person/seb-blur.jpg')

The image of my rounded picture is coming directly from person.your_name entity.
This can be change in the person parameter of Home assistant.

I’m planning to rewrite this part soon.

Hope this help,

@Benjaminh86 I redesign the person card to be more consistent, let me know what you think !

imageimage

Now, just change the 2 variables (picture and travel time) in homeplay.yaml

type: custom:button-card
              entity: person.sebastien_logeais
              template: person
              variables:
                picture: '/local/person/seb.jpg'  #Picture in WWW folder
                travel_time: "[[[ return states['sensor.seb_work_travel_time'].state ]]]"

@avenger11 I tested the new person card. it is better than the previous one.
Thks

1 Like

Hi, im new to this and do really like your dashboard, and tried to install it on a new HA installation, but just got an error, have installede all of the custom things from HACS, but i think i am doing it wrong… I cannot find a guide on how to import a dashboard…

Hi,

Yeah, integrate the dashboard of someone else is difficult but feasible.

What is your error message ?

Seb

Hello @avenger11

I’ve been looking at your beautiful dashboard and I’m planning to use it myself. I’ve already added the following folders to my config folder: www, thema, popup, custom_module_card, custom_icons, and custom_card_templates. However, I’m still getting this message. I don’t quite understand what’s going wrong. I hope you can help me?

Schermafbeelding 2023-08-08 144446

How did you manage to get both the hourly and daily forecast in clock-weather-card ?

it is completely custom, I’m starting from a Picture-elements card, adding multiple state-label and finishing with a weather-forecast card.

1 Like

@Montreal666 @Jarne_Roussard I’m currently changing the way the code was split, it will be easier to share. I started create a more extensive documentation for integration, starting by the weather card.

Can you try it out and let me know what are the issues ?

4 Likes

Thank you, just starting my Dashboard but will report back once I have a chance to try it out.
Cheers,

Hello seb,

this is a fantastic design :rocket: I would like to use it with my HA installation. You said you are still working on the code to make an import easier. Can you tell me a release date? Can‘t wait :grin:

Greetings, Tobi

Beautiful project, I would like to know when the new simplified version will be available