HomeSeer HS-WS200+ LED control

I found a few threads from a few years ago–

Some are based on Open Z-Wave, but I’m about to start using Z-Wave JS on a new install. Are there newer/better solutions to control and use the HomeSeer HS-WS200+ LEDs to report status?

Alternatively, is there a way for me to use Node-RED to accomplish this? I’m new to HA YAML and a GUI would be helpful.

Thanks.

I use zwave-js now it it was much easier to control this device with zwave-js than it was with openzwave.

Go to your zwave integration devices and select the device. Mine shows as “scene capable wall dimmer” or something like that.

Click on “configure” to go into device configuration. Hopefully now you see a bunch of settings you can change on the device. Mine shows each of the LED setting for color and blink status. You’ll want to note down the parameter number for each. Then in your automation/script/service call do service zwave set a device configuration parameter. Choose the device target and fill in the parameter number and the value as they appeared in the settings page.

HTH let me know if you have more questions. I don’t check the forums often but when I do I see the notifications.

ETA: I was able to do it all in the HA gui, no yaml required.