Homeseer WD200+ Zwave Plus Wall Dimmer

Anyone else receiving different values for COMMAND_CLASS_CENTRAL_SCENE and have an updated chart?

2018-08-10 17:18:32.372 Info, Node007, Received Central Scene set from node 7: scene id=1 in 7740 seconds. Sending event notification.
2018-08-10 17:18:32.372 Detail, Node007, Refreshed Value: old value=7800, new value=7740, type=int

yep, I noticed the same thing. Here’s the pattern my system gave me. I’m only using the double tap for an automation but it’s been consistent for a few weeks now.

Double 7860
Tripple 7920
quadruple 7980
quintuple 8040

Thanks @3ltreilly

I watched my logs and figured out:

press: 7800
hold: 7740
2x: 7860
3x: 7920
4x: 7980
5x: 8040

for scene_data, IDs are the same; top is 1, bottom 2

1 Like

Did the same thing, even placed it in the same location you did. Everything still working the same as before.
I don’t see anything at all under HA Zwave “Config Options” for that WD-200’s node. I even rebooted HA.

Also not seeing anything to do with LEDs.

Do I have to remove and re-add the node?

UPDATE –
Yes. You have to remove and re-add. I can now see a long list of things under “config options”. YAY!

@Tuckie i’ve tried to use a newer open-zwave copy but it didn’t work, what i did was add the XML files to the existing homeseer folder, do i need to do something else?

UPDATE
I have it working with LEDs now too.
Here is the example automation that turns my LEDs (one switch for now) RED when security is armed, YELLOW when pending (exit time) and WHITE when disarmed.

- id: '123456789'
  alias: Security State ON
  trigger:
  - entity_id: alarm_control_panel.home_alarm
    platform: state
    to: armed_home
    to: armed_away
  condition: []
  action:
  - data:
      node_id: 13
      parameter: 14
      value: Red
    service: zwave.set_config_parameter
  alias: Security State OFF
  trigger:
    to: disarmed
  action:
  - data:
      value: White
  alias: Security State PENDING
  trigger:
    to: pending
  action:
  - data:
      value: Yellow
3 Likes

I still haven’t been able to get the multi-taps to work :frowning: Anybody has this working successfully?
EDIT: Got the multitaps to work! Had to fix the scene_data as suggested by @marcusone.

On a separate note:
@iDVB I basically have similar automation with my security system. If you don’t mind, what security system do you have. I have Abode and I am not sure if “Pending” status is supported. By pending, I assume you mean when the exit/entry countdown is running.

I have another issue. May not be a HASS issue. Sometimes, the wall switch takes 2-3 physical presses to turn on light. It is almost as if the switch is sleeping and needs to be woken up before it works. When this is the case, automations do not work as well.

Anybody else face this issue? Never had such problems with the TP Link Wifi switch I was previously using.

My guess is that it doesn’t have a great connection into the Z-Wave network. Make sure your receiver isn’t impeded by a nearby wireless router and is close enough to the switch or other nodes in the network. FYI Z-Wave will hop through up to the four closest nodes.

@avp387 i had that issue due to position of the z-wave dongle. I had the machine in a rack system, had to use a short USB cable and place the z-wave dongle outside the rack.

Okay, I’m brand new to z-wave and have putzed around a bit with hassio to control some lights and temp/humidity sensors. I recently moved, so restarted with a fresh hassio setup and an Aeotec 5. I installed my first Homeseer WD200+, and it shows up as a dimmer. I can turn it on/off or set dimming levels (although I don’t get UI status reflection of state afterward).

Anyway, so I tried downloading openzwave as per above, but I guess I’m doing something wrong. If I point my config_path to the openzwave config directory and reboot my hassio, my Aeotec configuration gets completely deleted with a “Driver for controller /dev/ttyACM0 removed” message in my logs…

Help? Thanks.

It looks like everything’s there, actually, without the downloaded openzwave, accessible by code. I guess I was just expecting to see widgets in the UI for everything.

openzwave can sometime add support, sometimes just names things correctly. open another thread with your configuration your having issues with and I’m sure someone will help out.

OK, for me adding the config_path option just confused my zwave config and it forgot about everything. Including the Aeon Gen5 USB stick. So that suggestion is missing a ton of details on moving and maintaining any existing configuration you already have.

After removing the the config_path and reverting all the changes I made trying to follow that thread of “advice” I started over.

For me, what did the trick was after adding the WD200+ dimmer (using “ADD SECURE NODE”) was to click on “HEAL NETWORK” (as suggested by https://www.home-assistant.io/docs/z-wave/adding/#adding-secure-devices) then I clicked “SAVE CONFIG” (that wrote the WD200+ config details to my xwcfg_HEXID.xml file). After that all the WD200+ options showed up in the Node Config Options for that device.

This is on HA 0.91.3

Good luck!

How are you guys handling status mode with these?

If I set one or two led lights to on, the switch must be set into status mode to see the leds, but turning the leds off does not set the switch back to normal mode automatically, like it does on a homeseer system. There also doesn’t appear to be any way in HA to read a config parameters for me to verify both leds are turned off before setting it into normal mode.

How can I coordinate the mode with active notification LEDs? (normal mode when all leds are off, status mode when any led is on)

2 Likes

I’m trying to set up the multi-tap triggers on a HomeSeer FC-200+ fan controller. I’d like to automatically set the fan to high on double tap up.

I can see that the scene is activated in the ZWave logs, but it’s not triggering. Any ideas?

Here’s my automation:

- id: 'turn_on_master_bedroom_fan_double_tap_up'
  alias: Turn on master bedroom fan to high with double tap up
  initial_state: 'true'
  trigger:
  - platform: event
    event_type: zwave.scene_activated
    event_data:
      entity_id: fan.master_bedroom
      scene_id: 1
      scene_data: 7860
  action:
    - service: fan.turn_on
      data:
    - service: fan.set_speed
      data:
        speed: high

Wrong entity id for the trigger. It should be a zwave entity.

That was it. Thank you!

I wanted to share what I did for my Homeseer WD200+ to more easily manage and control it

First I set up a bunch of input selects: https://gist.github.com/fortepc/6adb3de6e08ef9ba03a288fbb98ae9ec

Then I set up a bunch of automations to watch all of those input selects and convert them to ZWave config calls to actually update the switch.: https://gist.github.com/fortepc/de14254c798a667b026f306d2cd64e81

Then any of my automatons just controls the input_selects and it makes it way easier to manage.

Another way is to feed the events into NodeRed if you use that, which can then make the calls. this is how I do it… whatever your more comfortable with.