Homewizard WiFi Watermeter

The “thing” is really an annoying mosquitto trying to break out. It tries every minute to stetup a session to a Belgian data center on something like *.smoke.homewizard.com something. VERY ANNOYING THING.

top6
Definetly one of the top devices trying to phone home indeed. #keeping the firewall busy.

Hi, I’m thinking of buying this device. I have a few questions. Does this device needs a Homewizard hub or something? I’ve read that is polls only four times a day. I want real-time usage, is this possible? Thanks in advance for your help.

You have two options: Power the device with USB or batteries. If you use batteries the watermeter pushes 4 times a day to the HomeWizard cloud, it is not possible to add the device to Home Assistant.

If power the device via USB you can integrate the watermeter in HA, it refreshes every 5 seconds. No hub needed.

2 Likes

Hi. Thanks for the reply. I bought one and it is working perfectly.

Check this post: HomeWizard Energy (Wi-Fi P1 meter, kWh meter, Energy Socket and Water Meter)

Note: I didn’t read into the details of that post.

Edit: I really believed there where no answers to the question yet. But I see now there were. Still learning to understand this forum ;-).

Can anybody confirm this Homewizard is working with a Honeywell v200 watermeter?

I can, but the are several versions (of the meter)

Thanks for the reply. I mean this one: HomeWizard Wi-Fi Watermeter - HomeWizard

I know. I meant the watermeter. Those honeywells have multiple versions. Most of them work.

Why don’t you just try?

I have had about 5 different sensors on mine and the only one working was the homewizard.

Well… I don’t have it yet. I can buy one with a discount, therefore I would like to know upfront if it’s compatible with my watermeter. But I guess some versions are supported, so I can take the risk…

Ask Homewizard Helpdesk :wink:

https://helpdesk.homewizard.com/en/articles/6287701-is-my-analog-watermeter-compatible

Is it possible to access watermeter data from server? I can not use USB because there is no power supply, but i wpuld like to still import data to HA (not with local API).

Hi, I have that one and for me it is working fine. Get all the data and it is pretty accurate as well.

Thanks for confirming. I’ve bought the watermeter and it’s working correctly.

Team,
Some time ago I installed my HomeWizard watermeter and it works like a charm.
During setup I created a step-by-step instructions.

In the next weeks I will probably add more related projects (like GUI, waterleak detection)
Just wanted to share it :slight_smile:

Cheers!
DJ

1 Like

Hi,
I have bought a watermeter from Homewizard but no matter what I do I can’t get it connected to the App. I already tried all the troubleshooting steps:
Disabling 5 GHz
Disabling mobile data
Even disabled my mesh, to only have a single WiFi provider
Disabled all DNS filtering rules
The device connected succesfully to Wifi a few times (can see it’s IP adress in my router), but still the App tells me that setup failed. I also had the constant breathing green light.
After trying it da dozen times, it won’t connect to any Wifi anymore. Not even a mobile hotspot on a second phone, it’s always blinking green and then red.

I already reached out to the helpdesk but didn’t get an answer from them. Is there a way to completely reset the watermeter and delete any saved Wifi credentials? Also is there another way to enable local API than using the App?

How have you tried to contact them?

Press the little button on the bottom for at least 10 seconds

No, not yet. But even when it was possible you have to connect the device to Wi-Fi,.

Ok, for whatever reason, after the like 46743 try it suddenly worked. It’s connected now for 4 hours and works perfectly. I did not change anything it just connected as it should and appeared in the iOS App. Local API activated and it worked in HA as it should.

But thanks for your help anyway! I’ll remember the reset button if needed.