Homewizard WiFi Watermeter

Thank you @malosaa . Not the same problem as you though. I did see the water meter entity. I only had to add it to the energy dashboard as @Maran had indicated. It works now. Thanks all. I really love this feature!!

Hi all,

Just got the Watermeter up and running in HASS, working like a charm and reports all the data very accurately.

However, what would be a good way of displaying the total usage of water in such a way that it only displays the usage of the current day? Iā€™m curious if this is possible and if so, how, because Iā€™d like to visualize my day to day water usage in a neat graph. Thanks!

@Tehlo

1 Like

Perfect, thank you!

1 Like

Not sure if I understood it correct: This means I need to enable the API one-time through the app and HA pulls the data locally or does it use a webservice of HomeWizard to collect the data? I donā€™t want to use a product which is bound to a cloud.

The API is fully local, you can even block the internet connection with a firewall if you want. You just have to enable the API in the app.

The toggle is added to prevent users exposing their data in a local network without knowing. We are working on a new feature so users can safely enable the API without the need of the app or cloud, but I canā€™t estimate how long this will take.

1 Like

Downturn is that the red lights continuously blinks

True!
We also working on that, in Home Assistant 2023.2 you can turn off the cloud connection for the P1 meter, Energy socket and kWh meter. This also stops the red blinking light. In a later version this will be added to the Water meter.

Hi,

Iā€™m thinking about buying the watermeter but I live in an apartment building and the watermeter is located downstairs in the public part of the building. WiFi signal is not an issue but there is no power supply. Instead of using batteries Iā€™m thinking of using a powerbank to power the watermeter so I can see realtime info on the waterusage.

Will this work and can anybody tell be what the powerconsumption of the watermeter is so I can see what kind of powerbank I need?

Thanks!

Letā€™s assume the watermeter uses about 0.5Wh at 5 volts, this is about 100 mAh every hour. For every 24 hours you need a 2400mAh. Even with a high capacity powerbank it only last a few days. Besides that most powerbanks turn off automatically when the consumption is low.

Thatā€™s why the watermeter sleeps most of the time and why the API is not available on batteries, so the device can run on batteries for a year.

What do you mean? Can it be controlled/ turned off via HA instead of the homewizard app?
What if I have turned on the API and blocked to internet? Am I still able to do the above?

You can disable the cloud communication directly via the Home Assistant UI in version 2023.2 (release first Wednesday in februari). The device will then stop trying to access the cloud. You wonā€™t receive any updates and the app stops working, but that is fine for Home Assistant only users. This is not yet available for the water meter.

What if I have turned on the API and blocked to internet? Am I still able to do the above?

When running 2023.2; unblock the internet connection and let the device update, this normally takes about 1 hour. The P1 meter must run 4.00 or later and all other devices 3.00 or later.

1 Like

Thanks! I will go for the batteries :slight_smile:

Any update on this feature? I still have v1.17 firmware. Is that the latest?

where can I turn of cloud connection in HA and/or Homewizard?

Still not available. Please contact HomeWizard support, if enough people ask about this feature it will get an higher priority

For now you can simply configure your firewall to block internet access for the device.

Did that.

But my logs are spammed with this mosquitto trying to exit my networkā€¦ 1 dns request per second !!

Would be nice to turn the cloud connection off indead without red led when firewall blocking.

Does anyone know how I can manipulate the ā€œstart valueā€ of the Homewizard WIFI water meter in Home Assistant? It now starts counting at 0, but I would like to take the actual value as a starting point of course :slight_smile:
I thought I could do it with ā€œset stateā€ but apparently it doesnā€™t work that way :slight_smile:

The ā€œthingā€ is really an annoying mosquitto trying to break out. It tries every minute to stetup a session to a Belgian data center on something like *.smoke.homewizard.com something. VERY ANNOYING THING.

top6
Definetly one of the top devices trying to phone home indeed. #keeping the firewall busy.

Hi, Iā€™m thinking of buying this device. I have a few questions. Does this device needs a Homewizard hub or something? Iā€™ve read that is polls only four times a day. I want real-time usage, is this possible? Thanks in advance for your help.