Homewizard WiFi Watermeter

Did you fill in the price per M3?

Hi All,

i just got my Smart Watermeter and was able to connect this to HA. Is there any option to configure the actual value from my Watermeter in HA. Because the value there is not 0

Same here - think you need to create a template, but Iā€™ve yet to get my head around this. Anyone got some idea?

The number is 0 due to it shows the actual use, not the daily use, click on the entity and see the history of the use. There is no daily use in Liters available

@MS1977 - I added the following to my configuration.yaml to create a sensor to mimic the water meter.

template:
  - sensor:
      - name: Water Meter Reading
        unique_id: water_meter_running_total
        state_class: total_increasing
        unit_of_measurement: mĀ³
        device_class: water
        icon: mdi:gauge
        state: "{{ (379.832 + states.sensor.water_meter_total_water_usage.state |float) }}"

where 379.832 is actual meter reading value LESS current Homewizard sensor value.

Just arrive yesterday and I have several problems. Disconnected fro Home assistant several times, but with connected with 100% WiFi signal

Now is working in HA but freeze in the aplication.

Right now it s not providing me trusted functionality.

Any experience to share and improve my feeling?

I received mine today, sadly canā€™t integrate in the energy dashboardā€¦ it got instant detected in Homeassistant and added 4 devicesā€¦ but not selectable for the energy dashboard

You can add the sensor in settings, dashboard, energy, water. The sensor total water usage will do the job

no, not selectable

Try to see if a reboot of HA works. If not, please open an issue here and fill in as much details as available: Sign in to GitHub Ā· GitHub

with the Energy app of Homewizard installed on your phone, you see data there?

Yes i do, also in homeassistant. but canā€™t select it in the energy dashboard

yes i did a reboot, nothing selectable.

I know making a template would work, as i gonna use the template of @rjblake because i want it to start not from 0 so that would solve my problem.

But for new people i think it wonā€™t be selectable in the dashboardā€¦
Maybe i gonna open a ticket.

It should just work, no templates needed. If you open an ticket at GitHub we maybe can figure out what is wrong.

Done

Your template, is it based on the dutch watermeter right ?
As the digits on my last watermeter donā€™t actiually count the liters.

For example my digits start like this.
1000.123 last 3 are in red.
What one are counting the real liters? as i want to keep track of my usage based on my ITRON counter.

The entity was not selectable because my name changed when re-setting and re-adding it to homeassistant.
It was excluded from my recorder, because i use only manual including to reduce the file size.
So because of that it could not make any data and thats why it was not selectable.

I just forget to change the name againā€¦ hehe

1 Like

Hey @malosaa Malosaa, Iā€™m having the same issue you reported but I donā€™t fully understand what you did. My situation: So I configured the P1 Homewizzard 2 months ago. This works great!! (really big Cudos to @DCSBL Unsigus)Last week I tried to add the Watermeter as well but it shows up in HA as separate entity and not as an integration of the existing P1 Energy meter.

Hi,

Yes what i did was just include the entity in my recorder and it worked.
If you exclude that specific entity u canā€™t choose it from the energy DB, thats what my issue was.

It shows up as an integration, look my screenshot

regards