Honeywell Lyric Thermostat

@Mikefila The change to aiolyric was merged in HA 2021.6.2, but yraghu’s comment says that changing aiolyric will not fix the problem. The change also needs to be done in climate.py within the lyric component, and links to the changes on lines 193 and 269 in climate.py of their fork. Those changes need to be merged, and as now they have not been merged into the dev branch.

While we’re waiting for an official release, I was able to add yraghu’s fork as a custom component in hacs.

To do so, add the following as a custom repository in HACS:

https://github.com/yraghu/lyric

and it will allow you to install that version of the lyric component. I have tested it and appears to be working in cool mode.

This integration had been working great for me up until recently, so I deleted it. I’m trying to re-add it, but keep seeing this error:

{“code”:400, “message”:“The redirect URL provided does not match the redirect URL registered for the app.”}

I’ve double checked my URL and my HA instance is accessible outside of my network.

Any advice?

Also, I added the above fork repository into my HACS, but how do you add the integration? There’s only one entry for Honeywell Lyric and I can’t tell if it’s the normal one or the fork.

OK, Questions.
I have a T9.
I set up standard integration.
Used one of the github “fixes” to get it working.
Works kind of OK. I can change the cool temp, but nothing else. I live in Florida, so that is somewhat OK. I also have access to all of the other sensors like outside temp and humidity. Cool to have but not 100% needed.
Problem is that the thermostat entity keeps saying “unavailable” after a while. I have to reconfigure the integration and log into the “app” again. Works fine again for a while then same problem.

Other problem. I can set up the thermostat in smartthings. I use the entity created with smartthings and I can control heat and cooling and it works as expected. But no access to sensors. So if I use a thermostat card, the temp reading is never correct.

Any thoughts on either of these issues?

I have had the same problem and submitted #51344 on June 1 '21. Hopefully someone will soon find a fix.

1 Like

If you have another temperature sensor, the simple thermostat card will let you use it instead.

Yes, but the only temp sensor that I have is the thermostat. I could probably edit the yaml of the card to insert the sensor entity form the main integration, but I still have the problem with the sensors, along with that thermostat entity periodically coming up as “Unavailable” as mentioned in the other section of my post.

I currently have 2 entities for the same thermostat. Hallway and hallway 2. Hallway 2 is the smartthings entity. It seems to have created a second entity with the thermostat.

Sad that so many people have this thermostat and we cant seem to get it working properly. Wish I have more coding knowledge so that I can help. Seems that a lot of people have the same issue. The two issues with the T9 are that the authorization drops after a couple of hours and the thermostat no longer shows in HA unless you restart HA. And the thermostat only works in cool mode. Anyone able to help?

Got the Lyric working with a T9, some minor caveats:

• I had to use an IP address as the callback (took a couple of tries) http://192.168.1.123:8123/auth/external/callback this needs to be on the honeywell side, and you need to actually be on that url on the linking side (the local url doesn’t matter once it’s linked).
  • At least with the T9 the card mostly works, but isn’t quite right. On Auto mode it only shows one temperature control vs. the upper and lower. The Next Time Period reports oddly, but not a big deal. Overall it’s usable-ish and the integration is ok for keeping tabs on it but not maybe great for full proper control

I’m mostly posting this so there’s some notes out there that this does work, and some of the current caveats at least with the T9

Has anyone had any problems with the yraghu fork? I had it installed and working to control heating and cooling temp changes but I can no longer get it to work. I can get the standard Integration to work but that cannot change the temperature when it is set to cool. Any help is appreciated.

There is a report on reddit that homekit was added to T9/T10. It has support for remote sensors. I found this which confirms it but I have no firmware update yet. There doesn’t seem there is a way to force the update so I’ll have to just wait.

Anyone else have the homekit option in your t9/t10?

hey mark - were you able to figure out why are you seeing “Device Not Found” error? i am seeing the exact same error.

So I’m somewhat new to HA and loving it so far. However, about ever hour or so I have to reauthorize my connection to the Honeywell servers. Is anyone else having this issue?

It was an issue a few releases ago, are you up to date with the ha core? The polling was changed so that you didn’t have to keep reauthorizing.

1 Like

It appears to be up to date, it’s 2021.10.4.

Then it shouldn’t lose the authorization. What does it show in the home assistant logs?

Authentication failed while fetching lyric_coordinator data: {‘request’: {‘method’: ‘GET’, ‘url’: ‘https://api.honeywell.com/v2/locations?apikey=LINK’, ‘headers’: {‘Authorization’: ‘BearerSECREAT’, ‘Content-Type’: ‘application/json’}}, ‘response’: {‘code’: ‘Unauthorized’, ‘message’: 'Authorization has been denied for this request '}, ‘status’: 401}

5:08:03 PM – (ERROR) Honeywell Lyric - message first occurred at October 13, 2021, 7:28:12 PM and shows up 5 times

Error requesting lyric_coordinator data: Cannot connect to host api.honeywell.com:443 ssl:default [Name does not resolve]

4:38:03 PM – (ERROR) Honeywell Lyric - message first occurred at 4:23:03 PM and shows up 2 times

So, I’ve done what testing a non-programmer can do and think I’ve determined one issue. The callback URL on the Honeywell dev site is 172.24.8.60:8123 however, the URL in the link when trying to connect to HA is homeassit.local:8123. If I go into that link and update it to the 172 address on the dev site. It does connect and gets partially through the reg process.

use your local ip:8123

Least thats what worked a year ago.

Yeah, I enter that but for some reason it’s being changed to homeassist.local:8123 in the callback URL which is causing issues.