Honeywell Lyric Thermostat

A bit off topic but maybe one off you have an idea; I’m on holiday and put my Lyric T6 in holiday mode. Just as normal after a few days the temp was at the programmed 15 degree C. Strangely the temperatuur has been rising to 21C while Lyric app and HASS still show the 15C setpoint. Switched holiday mode off and went manual to 15C but still temp keeps climbing. Nothing in HASS logbook.

Could it be that I’m hacked via the API?

I believe in you guys! Thank you for all your efforts to get these Honeywell T6 Thermostats running properly with Hassio (or whatever we’re now calling it).

I am not sure if this is the right place for this, I have the Honeywell T9’s which have external sensors that transmit temperature and supposedly sense motion. Does anyone know if the remote sensor data is exposed in the API? If needed I can donate a Honeywell T9 to the effort if it would help.

Hi guys, I’ve had the Lyric T6 installed yesterday and I’m trying to get it integrated with my home assistant instance. With the component setup and home assistant rebooted I try to get the authentication going, but when I enter my credentials at the Honeywell site where I’m redirected to. The only response I get is “Sorry, we cannot find a user with these credentials.”. although I can still login with the same credentials using the Honeywell app. Anybody got some pointers as what I might be doing wrong?

EDIT: Resetting my password now (couple of hours later) seems to work. At first it didn’t work and reset password e-mails weren’t received. Now I get a 400 when trying to set up the thermostat.

Hi, I am about to replace my nest, I am looking at the Honeywell Lyric T6R-HW but from the looks of things, it does not look like there is an official component nor the unofficial ones being stable… can anyone comment?

I dont want to jump out the frying pan into the fire :slight_smile:

I’m hoping this is the place.

Using HomeKit Accessory integration, my wifi HA thermostat cards for my T6 and T5 are up and accurate (i.e. they accurately present the current state of these devices) but no adjustments can be made from the UI. Same problem trying to run any climate automations calling a service (no errors but no changes are made after the automation triggers).

Anyone here had this problem? I see it has been mentioned here for the zwave version but the fix is inapplicable to the wifi versions I have. Unable to set target temperature of Honeywell Lyric T6 Pro Thermostat

Also here by another Lyric user but he hasn’t been able to figure it out. Thermostat card displays properly but sometimes will not update target

Adjustments to these thermostats work just fine from the iOS Honeywell App and from the thermostat display.

Additional information:

Honeywell Lyric Wifi Thermostats (T5 & T6)
HomeKit Accessory Integration

Setup: HA 0.107.7 running on HassOS 3.12 in Docker on VM (Ubuntu Linux)

If you’re using the Homekit plug in, I’ve had the same problem, reads fine, but won’t make adjustments. I use the plugin which works find in making adjustments…now it would be nice if this would become official plugin with HA.

@ski522, Actually, I’m running this with the recently updated HomeKit integration, which now (allegedly) works with Honeywell Lyric Thermostats. Sounds like it has the same problems the unofficial plugin previously had. Oh well.

Will you do me a favor and check which plugin you are now using? I see there are couple of authors out with plugins that attempt to work with the Honeywell API. Thanks!

Edit: Well, gang, after few more hours of reading and messing around and I’m about to toss these brand new thermostats.

1. Official HK Accessory Plugin = Good display but no ability to adjust temp from HA.
  2. Honeywell Lyric Integration from HACS = Dead-end at “Error 500 - Server in trouble.”

Seems while some are having success with one of these approaches, many are not so lucky. :frowning:

ok so the state of this component from a Home Assistant point of view is in a bit of a mess… too many developers doing the same thing as “official” where another custom component does work… I have raised this with @ludeeus before regarding the traccar component… we need to develop some clear guidelines so that all the power that we have as a community is harnessed together and not everyone doing their own thing and then claiming their as the official when it is actually inferrior to other component already in existance…

For Lyric --> to get it working, grab the files from here: https://github.com/home-assistant/core/tree/92082b687a46c17a9a94a598b245728a8832b179/homeassistant/components/lyric

Create a folder in your custom_components folder called lyric, the copy the files from the repo above one by one in raw format (pasting into notepad++ and saving in the newly created lyric directory NOTE there is a folder in there called .translation which you will also need to replicate…

Once you are done, restart and then the Honeywell Lyric integration should appear in the list of available integrations…

1 Like

Aborts install about 5 seconds after it starts to install

Screenshot_20200410_004758

@tarheelz , As @uiguy states, this is the one I’m using as well and it’s working fine with my T5.

I get the same Aborted error. Fully updated Home Assistant. I tried setting logs to debug and retry the integration but nothing is logged.

logger:
 default: error
 logs:
   homeassistant.components.lyric: debug
   custom_components: debug

As this is super fiddly, all I can suggest is check, check and check again the files you created. I am fyi using the t6r hw unit and it’s working great! Anyone want to buy a nest? :smiley:

Thanks, @uiguy. I got it working with a combination of what I had, your guidance, and the files recommended by @Bram_Kragten here: Honeywell Lyric Thermostat

Since it works, I’m rolling with it. You’re right, of course, implementation of this is hampered by the competing efforts to get something that works reliably.

Before i make another attempt, is this integration better than the homekit lyric setup?

thanks for the other info as well.

nevermind, now I realize that the homekit version isnt working-- i forgot because i setup the generic thermostat which looks the same.

last edit: Well that was easy enough. left the homekit integration setup this time. and added those files and all is working. thanks

1 Like

well i thought I had it setup right it worked once or twice, or maybe my thermostat just came on at the right time. Now I guess its still not right… anyway you can guide me @tarheelz ?

thanks

okay finally…

Here is how I did it:

Delete all your prior attempts… folders everything related to lyric.

setup the developers app on the Honeywell site as before. I have http://192.168.1.44:8123 set as the ip. my base_url is exactly the same.

copy the raw files exactly as mentioned from here: https://github.com/home-assistant/core/tree/92082b687a46c17a9a94a598b245728a8832b179/homeassistant/components/lyric

I reset my t5 and cleared the homekit stuff: hold down menu till the config options come up, go to reset -> homekit (not sure if this is needed, but i made sure to start fresh)

restart HA… profit.

and yes. its better, then the homekit version

EDIT:: Jan - 2021 The homekit version is much better now. Dont bother with this setup.

1 Like

Don’t get too used to it. API approach just quit on me. It was a good four days.

HTTP Error Lyric API: 401 Client Error: Unauthorized for url: https://api.honeywell.com/v2/locations?apikey=XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
HTTP Error Lyric API: 400 Client Error: Bad Request for url: https://api.honeywell.com/v2/locations?apikey=XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

getting the same. still seems to be working

Yeah I see these messages fairly often since I started using the plugin, but doesn’t seem to affect actual operation of the T-stat.