Honeywell T6 Thermostat not available

I have HomeAssistant installed with Zooz ZWave stick. I have a Honeywell T6 ZWave thermostat which was connected and working great. A day back, I saw a notification to update HomeAssistant and ZWave JS. I updated both and restarted HomeAssistant.

When it booted again, I saw the thermostat displayed as “Unavailable”. I tried excluding the thermostat and re-adding it.

The thermostat shows up in the devices. There are entities for battery level, humidity, temperature sensor. However, the thermostat is not listed as an entity in it.

+1 I have this exact same issue. Same T6 thermostat. In doing some reading apparently this is a know issue and being worked. I hope I read that right. If I did then a fix should be on the way. There was a comment that if you went to the be a channel for the HA Core you get a fix. I tried it and did not find joy. So standing by for the fix.

This started working with new update.

Ref: https://www.home-assistant.io/blog/2021/03/03/release-20213/

Yes it does, Thanks for getting this fixed!!!

Is your T6 thermostat operating normally? Mine is recognized as a climate entity in home assistant (core-2021.3.2), but when I change the operating mode or fan mode within home assistant, the change sometimes happens on the thermostat but the climate entity displays the incorrect operating and/or fan modes. When I make a change at the thermostat, it is properly reflected in Home Assistant. For me, it seems like there is a sync issue between when the command is issued from home assistant and the operating/fan mode feedback. :thinking:

I have not tried this. I use it just to control the temperature and set it to away mode when I am going out.

I do not have heatpump or AC

After the update one of two thermostats was not being recognized in a HomeKit through the integration. I have (2) T6 thermostats for upstairs and downstairs connected to the same furnace using a diverter valve to direct the air. After the update the entity string for one of the thermostats was different and therefore not being recognized when being passed over to HomeKit. The string used to be: climate.t6_pro_z_wave_programmable_thermostat_mode_2 On the other thermostat the sting was climate.t6_pro_z_wave_programmable_thermostat_thermostat_mode after the update, a second thermostat string was added to the entity. By modifying the second thermostat manually to: climate.t6_pro_z_wave_programmable_thermostat_thermostat_mode_2 it started to be recognized.

No clue as to why?

I know this is an older thread but is there a way to show humidity on the climate entity in lovelace ?

I can confirm that the T6 pro works in 2021.11.3 using the deprecated z-wave driver. I’ve installed two T6 pros over the last week both wired to 24 vac.

After joining them - using Add Node. I did have to restart HA each time to get the full set of entities working, It gave me a climate entity, a temperature sensor, a humidity sensor. I did discover that when the device loses 24vac, the Power Management sensor went to 2, whereas typically it is 254, so this is a good diagnostic for detecting loss of 24vac.

So after running the T6 pro for a while on the deprecated zwave stack, have the following observations

1. Temperature reporting is not timely. Meaning the sensor.xxx_thermostat_temperature does not update all the time when the temperature changes. For example, you’ll see jumps from 60 to 62 with no value of 61 reported. To work around this I’m calling the zwave.refresh_entity service on that sensor entity every 10 minutes and now I get these missing values. In contrast humidity reporting updates every time is changes.

2. In HA the lower range is 45, but for the thermostat panel I can reduce it to 40. I’d like to put another one of these in the garage but have to figure out where this limit is, Anyone on the new zwave stack who can comment?

3. Anyone know if there is a way to update the firmware - as I’m wondering if the first issue has been fixed?

Outside of that I’ve has 3 of these running solidly for a month.

I have seen similar behavior. I make a change on the climate entity, and the value reverts back to what it was set to before. However, the change is properly sent to the thermostat. Then after a couple seconds, the value I set comes back to the climate entity, as if the change was made on the thermostat and not by me through the entity.

1. I am seeing the exact same behavior using Z-Wave JS. Humidity updates every few minutes, but temperature will not update for hours on end. Appreciate your suggestion, I wrote a script to refresh the values like you said, and it works great! Still wish it wasn’t necessary though.
alias: Update T6 Thermostat Sensors
sequence:
  - device_id: <device_id>
    domain: zwave_js
    entity_id: climate.t6_pro_z_wave_programmable_thermostat
    type: refresh_value
    refresh_all_values: true
mode: single

This script can be called manually or from an automation.

1. Here are the ranges I found with Z-Wave JS by inputting a value outside the limits. Looks like I can set the lower limit on heat to 40 (if that is what you were asking).
    Screenshot_20220615_130549

2. What firmware version are you running? I have version 1.3, and have seen the same behavior as you. There is not currently a way to update the firmware (if there is even an update available), but apparently this will be coming with the next release!

Firmware is 1.3.

I’ve also upgraded to zwave2jsmqtt

The only other weirdness I’ve seen is bad humidity values, so I put a filter on it. It is possible that this bad data has been removed in zwavejs2mqtt, not sure since I stopped logging the raw value (raw is the entity from zwave that I renamed.)

sensor:
  - platform: filter
    name: "bedroom thermostat humidity"
    entity_id: sensor.bedroom_thermostat_humidity_raw
    filters:
      - filter: outlier
        window_size: 4
        radius: 10.0

The first day I set the thermostat up, I got two values of -124%, about 10 hours apart. Haven’t seen any outliers again since. From the beginning, I was using Z-Wave JS.

@ mwaterbu I am curious. Are you still seing the -124% humidity levels? I see them. Every month for the last year.

This thermostats (TH6320ZW2003) has a five year warranty and Honeywell will take it back and send me a new one. Hopefully it is the TH6320ZW2007 version and that the issue has been fixed.

I’ve been running that filter. They are there.

I’m certainly interested if the new thermostat fixes this issue and hopefully the other issues. Let us know.

On one of the T6 I was seeing Timeout Errors in the zwavejs-ui on statistics for the device, it was occurring roughly 1% of the time. I looked at the zwavejs log files and the timeouts were happening as part of the refresh. When specifying True, it updates a lot of stuff - 15-20 transactions and it appeared that rather than reporting fan state it was sending out temperatures, which caused zwavejs to timeout the fan state request. Net it it looked like the T6 got confused with the rapid fire requests.

So I slimmed the refresh down to exactly the data I needed and that issue has gone away.

This gets the current temperature, the operating state, the operating mode and heat setpoint. I stagger the updates for the different thermos by substituting a different delay in.

- id: "T6 bedroom_thermostat Poll Temperatures"
  alias: T6 bedroom_thermostat Poll Temperatures DELAY_SECONDS
  description: "Workaround issue with T6 not always reporting temperatures"
  mode: single
  max_exceeded: silent
  trigger:
    - platform: time_pattern
      minutes: "/10"
    - platform: homeassistant
      event: start
  action:
    - delay: DELAY_SECONDS
    # Refreshes the temperature
    - service: zwave_js.refresh_value
      continue_on_error: true
      data:
        entity_id: sensor.bedroom_thermostat_temperature
        refresh_all_values: false
    - delay:
        seconds: 2
    # https://zwave-js.github.io/node-zwave-js/#/api/CCs/ThermostatOperatingState
    - service: zwave_js.invoke_cc_api
      data:
        entity_id: climate.bedroom_thermostat
        command_class: "66"
        endpoint: "0"
        method_name: get
        parameters: []
    - delay:
    # https://zwave-js.github.io/node-zwave-js/#/api/CCs/ThermostatSetpoint
    # 1 = heat setpoint
      data:
        command_class: "67"
        parameters:
    - delay:
    # https://zwave-js.github.io/node-zwave-js/#/api/CCs/ThermostatMode
      data:
        command_class: "64"
        parameters: []

I still see them. Once per day or every other day, they did not go away as I had originally hoped.

I still see them too. And no timeout in the logs.