Honeywell Total Comfort Integration

Is anyone else having an issue with the Honeywell Total Comfort integration? For the last few days, all I get is:
“This entity is no longer being provided by the honeywell integration. If the entity is no longer in use, delete it in settings.”

Any ideas?

Mine has been working ok. Might want to check that any leftover references are removed from the configuration.yaml file. Try reloading the integration.

1 Like

Mine is working fine here (US.) I don’t see that message in my logs.

Thanks. I was wondering if anything had changed because the integration has worked for years.

I have had two occurrences recently where all my thermostats (I have 3) have gone “unavailable” for no apparent reason. I did not do any in-depth troubleshooting because I was not home and did not have the time so I just restarted HA.

I do know there have been some recent changes (past few months) to enhance the integration (listed in HA change log & on GitHub)

I just had another instance of my thermostats all going into the unavailable state. Reloading the integration resolves the issue but it should recover automatically. I just opened an issue on Github.

Thanks. At least it isn’t just me.

today i got refresh tokens error and service unavailable. However the app still works (or works again). Seems i cant login on the website either.
Hope it resolves soon today

I haven’t had that problem - but I have another. Every few days I must “reconfigure” the integration. All that’s required is that I enter my password again and all is well.

Any ideas on why this happens?

Reloading the integration worked for me - no need to re-enter password. A fix for the issue reported above will hopefully be in the next release.

I’ve been having the same problem for a week or two. I have been re-entering the PW, but think I’ll try reloading next. Hope they fix this soon. I wonder if there is a simple automation script that would check the status and reload the integration from YAML.

Thanks - will try this out!

You guys are aware that many of the honeywell thermostats support local homekit integration, right? No more of this flaky cloud nonsense?

I don’t think my existing RTH9580 wifi thermostats are homekit compatible.

That’s a pretty old model, and has been discontinued. Sounds like an upgrade may be in order anyway…

I have three Honeywell thermostats here. One would not connect to my WiFi if the password begins with a number. The others would sometimes connect. My solution was to create a guest account on my router with a password beginning with a letter.

They work fine, meet all my needs, and have never failed me (touch wood). That is why I bought them. They are exceptional thermostats for controlling HVAC systems. When I lose connectivity to them, I know they will work.

Remote access and HA integration are nice to have - there is no reason for me to upgrade my thermostats for this.

2 Likes

I still need to fiddle with this - nearly every day.

Mine has been stable since upgrading to 2023.4.4. I still get warnings in the error log but my thermostats do not go unavailable in HA and I do not have to reload the integration.

1 Like

I just had another instance of my thermostats going off line. Error log shows:

2023-04-17 08:36:11.409 ERROR (MainThread) [somecomfort] API returned 200 from /portal/Device/CheckDataSession/2577885 request
2023-04-17 08:36:11.460 ERROR (MainThread) [somecomfort] API returned 200 from /portal/Device/CheckDataSession/1088545 request
2023-04-17 08:36:11.814 ERROR (MainThread) [somecomfort] API returned 200 from /portal/Device/CheckDataSession/1946190 request
2023-04-17 09:02:12.521 ERROR (MainThread) [somecomfort] API returned 200 from /portal/Device/CheckDataSession/1946190 request
2023-04-17 09:02:12.655 ERROR (MainThread) [somecomfort] API returned 200 from /portal/Device/CheckDataSession/2577885 request
2023-04-17 09:02:13.048 ERROR (MainThread) [somecomfort] Login as [email protected] failed

Edit: It looks like the fix did not make it into 2023.4.4 but has been addressed and will hopefully make it into the next release.: