Honeywell Total Comfort Integration

Reload integration fixes the problem here. Is there a way to reload an integration from an automation?

Service homeassistant.reload_config_entry

The entry_id can be found: Home Assistant UI > Settings > Devices & Services > honeywell > click on devices

The URL of your browser should be something like

http://192.168.10.5:8123/config/devices/dashboard?historyBack=1&config_entry=1c693dfaeeb8c757439047d348f272bf

the 1c693dfaeeb8c757439047d348f272bf would be the entry_id

And then?? I would like to have an automation to reload the integration daily.

Since it is a service, you would create an automation that triggers on the device being unavailable then call this service.

Call what service?
There is no service in developer tools, services that reloads the climate integration.

Try

HOMEASSISTANT.RELOAD_CONFIG_ENTRY

Should help you out

@stevemann

The service I provided above in my post - click on the link homeassistant.reload_config_entry for details. It’s the same link @checking12 provided.

OK. Thanks…

Of course, the problem hasn’t gone away.
Is there any way to trigger an automation on this?
integrations
The integration is still working, the thermostats can be controlled from Home Assistant, but I keep getting this annoying error- and reconfiguration is simply entering the password again.

I’m still getting the error where the thermostats go “unavailable” occasionally. I’m running HA 2023.4.5.

I’ve learned that the fix is not to “reconfigure” from the error dialog above, which only prompts for the password, but to scroll down the list of integrations to the original Honeywell entry.

From there it’s possible to hit the three dots menu and select “reload.” That brings all my thermostats back in HA immediately.

Unfortunately that error dialog remains. I’m just ignoring it for now, hoping for a fix in future versions.

Is anyone still seeing this issue? It seems to be happening more and more lately. Up to twice a day.

I’m still at 2023.4.5. I don’t see anything about this being fixed in 2023.5.x. If the fix is still pending I’ll wait for it. Has anyone had any luck updating?

I did see that this issue is marked as fixed by this pull request, and it shows it’s been merged to dev 2 weeks ago.

But I’m not sure this is the same issue. That one talks about requiring re-authentication every two weeks. As I said, mine is doing it daily, sometimes twice a day.

The workaround for me has been to reload the integration, as I mentioned in my earlier post. If this is going to go on much longer, I’m thinking of creating an automation to detect the unavailable status and issue the reload after a suitable delay.

I’m also seeing this multiple time per day.
Supposedly fixed in 2023.5.x but I have not upgraded to that version yet.

I’ve been running 2023.5.x a few days now and so far I have not had to reload the integration (whereas before I had to reload it about every day). I still get lots of log messages about the API returning 401, 403 and 500.

2 Likes

Upgraded to 2023.5.3 a few hours ago. I am also seeing the log messages but don’t have to reload the integration.

Thanks! I’ll try to work an update to 2023.5.x into my schedule sometime in the next few days.

I just wanted to circle back and report that my Honeywell integration has not gone “unavailable” since I installed 2023.6.1. That was 10 days ago. Before this, it had been happening almost daily, often several times a day.

Thank you!!

Thanks for your perspective.
I also have not had to reload the integration since the core upgrade…
But, I am seeing a new issue.
ALL of my washer and dryer states are suddenly unavailable.

From the logs:
“This entity is no longer being provided by the smartthinq_sensors integration”

What??

I had been using “binary_sensor.top_load_washer_wash_completed” to trigger an automation that announces that the washer is finished. If the entity is no longer provided by the integration, is there another method to trigger an automation when the washer is finished?

I’ve been having the same problem with mine for the past week. Haven’t had any issues prior. Don’t know whats causing it.

This thread is going to turn into myq all over again. I understand people don’t want to (re)spend money, but relying on this cloud nonsense will give you nothing but headaches…

I bought my Honeywell thermostats to control my HVAC systems (I have three). They do an excellent job. They work without the internet, cloud, or HA. That is why I bought them and continue to use them.

I use the Honeywell TCC (US) HA integration for convenience only - it’s nice to see the thermostats with my other sensors but I don’t care if I can’t access them remotely because they will continue to do their job: control my HVAC systems.

I don’t doubt your views on cloud based integrations but I don’t think it added anything to this thread.