Honeywell Total Comfort Integration

Thanks. I was wondering if anything had changed because the integration has worked for years.

I have had two occurrences recently where all my thermostats (I have 3) have gone “unavailable” for no apparent reason. I did not do any in-depth troubleshooting because I was not home and did not have the time so I just restarted HA.

I do know there have been some recent changes (past few months) to enhance the integration (listed in HA change log & on GitHub)

I just had another instance of my thermostats all going into the unavailable state. Reloading the integration resolves the issue but it should recover automatically. I just opened an issue on Github.

Thanks. At least it isn’t just me.

today i got refresh tokens error and service unavailable. However the app still works (or works again). Seems i cant login on the website either.
Hope it resolves soon today

I haven’t had that problem - but I have another. Every few days I must “reconfigure” the integration. All that’s required is that I enter my password again and all is well.

Any ideas on why this happens?

Reloading the integration worked for me - no need to re-enter password. A fix for the issue reported above will hopefully be in the next release.

I’ve been having the same problem for a week or two. I have been re-entering the PW, but think I’ll try reloading next. Hope they fix this soon. I wonder if there is a simple automation script that would check the status and reload the integration from YAML.

Thanks - will try this out!

You guys are aware that many of the honeywell thermostats support local homekit integration, right? No more of this flaky cloud nonsense?

I don’t think my existing RTH9580 wifi thermostats are homekit compatible.

That’s a pretty old model, and has been discontinued. Sounds like an upgrade may be in order anyway…

I have three Honeywell thermostats here. One would not connect to my WiFi if the password begins with a number. The others would sometimes connect. My solution was to create a guest account on my router with a password beginning with a letter.

They work fine, meet all my needs, and have never failed me (touch wood). That is why I bought them. They are exceptional thermostats for controlling HVAC systems. When I lose connectivity to them, I know they will work.

Remote access and HA integration are nice to have - there is no reason for me to upgrade my thermostats for this.

2 Likes

I still need to fiddle with this - nearly every day.

Mine has been stable since upgrading to 2023.4.4. I still get warnings in the error log but my thermostats do not go unavailable in HA and I do not have to reload the integration.

1 Like

I just had another instance of my thermostats going off line. Error log shows:

2023-04-17 08:36:11.409 ERROR (MainThread) [somecomfort] API returned 200 from /portal/Device/CheckDataSession/2577885 request
2023-04-17 08:36:11.460 ERROR (MainThread) [somecomfort] API returned 200 from /portal/Device/CheckDataSession/1088545 request
2023-04-17 08:36:11.814 ERROR (MainThread) [somecomfort] API returned 200 from /portal/Device/CheckDataSession/1946190 request
2023-04-17 09:02:12.521 ERROR (MainThread) [somecomfort] API returned 200 from /portal/Device/CheckDataSession/1946190 request
2023-04-17 09:02:12.655 ERROR (MainThread) [somecomfort] API returned 200 from /portal/Device/CheckDataSession/2577885 request
2023-04-17 09:02:13.048 ERROR (MainThread) [somecomfort] Login as [email protected] failed

Edit: It looks like the fix did not make it into 2023.4.4 but has been addressed and will hopefully make it into the next release.:

Reload integration fixes the problem here. Is there a way to reload an integration from an automation?

Service homeassistant.reload_config_entry

The entry_id can be found: Home Assistant UI > Settings > Devices & Services > honeywell > click on devices

The URL of your browser should be something like

http://192.168.10.5:8123/config/devices/dashboard?historyBack=1&config_entry=1c693dfaeeb8c757439047d348f272bf

the 1c693dfaeeb8c757439047d348f272bf would be the entry_id

And then?? I would like to have an automation to reload the integration daily.