Hörmann garage door via MQTT

Thanks Bjen, appreciate your quick feedback.

1 Like

you can always add door magnet sensor to know if it open or close, to get full posistion you would need to integrate proximity sensor, not hard

Hi, is there any hope to have the code for Promatic4? I’ve built two of these units, but they are useless to me if they’re not compatible, so will probably sell them.

Really interested in the board too.

They work for what hörmann?

For developers who may be interested, I noticed that SupraMatic 4 - which comes with the BlueSecur app - actually broadcasts the garage door status via Bluetooth LE.

So if anyone is able to create a “decoder” this may come free of charge in Home Assistant; I’ve tried with BLE Sniffer app for Android and when approaching your garage you’ll find a lot of broadcasts from a MAC starting with F7:30.

In the data you’ll receive, look at the 36th and 37th byte (indexes 35 and 36 starting from 0). Open your garage and you should see something like 0x13 0xC8:

• For the first byte, 0x13, just keep the lower 4 bits (i.e. ignoring the first hex digit), so 0x03.
    • 0x03 = open
    • 0x04 = closed
    • 0x07 = partially open (EDIT: it seems that the 0x05 pre-edit is not really used, at least on the Supramatic 4, more info HERE)
  • The second byte, 0xC8 is the percentage of the opening. C8 in decimal is 200 and this value must be divided by 2 to obtain a float with the percentage; so in this case 0xC8 means 100%.

Of course, via Bluetooth, it would be possible to open/close and send commands too but I think this relies on encryption (as the app allows only one user to send commands). But just having the status could be useful and you can use a Shelly as @bjen suggested to send the commands.

3 Likes

Regering the use of Shelly, they recently released an AddOn “shield” that can be clicked on the relais module. With this a read sensor can easily be added to identify the open/close state of the door through Shelly Shelly Plus AddOn - All Product - Products - Shelly

I haven’t tried this yet but I’m planning to go for this option.

2 Likes

If you are using a Shelly 1 Plus or Pro to open/close the garage door, they have the possibility to communicate also via BLE. So it should be possible to read the status if your Hormann has Bluetooth (such as Supramatic 4) directly within the Shelly!

2 Likes

Hi, just understood that series 4 motors use modbus… Maybe then it’s just a matter to connect an ESP32+RS485 to the bus, bridge the serial to Wifi, and use the modbus integration of HA:

1 Like

Sounds great, will need to investigate that one.

I wouldn’t want to spoil the fun, following Thomas Dupas’s blog “Reverse engineering the Hörmann UAP1-HCP protocol” (Reverse engeneering the Hörmann UAP1-HCP protocol |) for Hormann Supramatic E4, protocol seems to partially decoded as a Modbus payload- but it didn’t seem that it was “just” Modbus.

1 Like

Hey Guys! As mentioned earlier, I bought 5 PCBs and actually planned to assemble them all. However, the Buck regulator and LDOs are out of stock at my supplier. I managed to find 3 each but broke a DCDC Regulator while assembling (solder bridge between out and the GND Pad and magic smoke escaped). I am currently quite busy and unfortunately do not have time for another go more soldering (we just moved houses), so if anyone wants to complete these PCBs, feel free to do so. :slight_smile:

I have one complete board for myself and sold another one (the one on the bottom). So I have 3 Boards which are missing the DCDC Converter and the LDO. I already programmed the PIC Chip (and the ESP for solder verification), what’s left is soldering the two chips and programming the ESP with your wifi Password.

I would sell each of the three PCBs for 30€ + shipping. Just send me a PM.

Cheers

And what does it mean? Is it possible to use the BT of hörmann or not ….

Would anyone be able to port this code to ESPhome?

1 Like

You mean the one with Bluetooth and the Hörmann app? That would be great.

Ah, no sorry. I meant the PCB for the E3. Its currently using MQTT but I would love to have it working with ESPHome

Hi,
I started to adapt it to ESPhome but I’m not able finalize because I have an E2 motor (not an E3) and I’m failing to get the motor status but all actions are working open, stop, close, venting, toggle light.

Here is the “work in progress” code: hoermann_door/esphome at main · lg2dc/hoermann_door · GitHub

I wrote the code almost one year ago and it’s working for me. In HomeAssistant I coupled the esphome cover with a zigbee door sensor to have a closed/open state. I’m missing closing/opening/stopped states but it’s usable.
I was planing to expose the cover as “custom” cover in place of the “template” one.
The venting and toggle light should be turned into buttons since the feature was recently introduced.

I hope it may help owners of E3 who are able to write some C code.

If someone can confirm that the esp_garage_door_state text sensor is returning the right state, I could try to fix my code “blindly”, if I find time :sweat_smile:.

2 Likes

Is there anything similar for E4?

Hi, for E4 i’m trying to use the HMIP HAP1-HCP adapter from Hormann (40€), in order to let the motor accept E3 accessories. In fact it seems a viable solution, but doesn’t work well for me. I can read the door and light status, which update correctly when I use the original remote command, but I can’t send open/close commands and turn on/off the light via MQTT. So at the moment, on E4 you can only have status report… or I did something wrong.

Have you checked the pinout?

Supramatic E4

1. GND
  2. GND
  3. B / RS485 inverting input/output
  4. A / RS485 non-inverting input/output
  5. 24VDC
  6. 24VDC

Supramatic E3

1. Unused???
  2. 24V DC
  3. GND