Hörmann garage door via MQTT

I hope you had a wonderful vacation :slight_smile:
If there are boards available, I would like to order such a board, if possible fully equipped.
How to order?

Regards Skipperich

yeah i got new ones now, will make a post how to order later today.

Hello everyone, the new PCBs do work nicely now and i shipped some preorders already :slight_smile:

I’m now waiting for some parts to build more PCBs, but you can already Order a finished and tested PCB over my Shop (link below), i estimate that new Orders will be shipped in 2-3 weeks.

Due to taxes i had to raise the price by 5€, i guess there will be a few more people that wan’t a PCB so i need to handle everything over my company to avoid issues with the tax office :stuck_out_tongue:

regards,
Manuel

2 Likes

Thank You for the fast delivery! I installed it in 30 minutes and it worked immediately after bus scan .
It works perfect and I want to express my thank to all who contributed to this work.
Also the integration to ha works perfect.
I have a promatic 4.

Regards skipperich

1 Like

really happy to hear that! Thanks for the Feedback!

Hey Tyson,

Is the new batch on you’re website without the ‘design’ error?. So no need of an external 5v supply?

Yes, all issues are fixed, just plug it into the Motor via the supplied Rj12 cable, init a bus scan on the motor and it works.

Of course you can still use the USB-C to flash firmware or power it on initial setup when not connected to the Garage Door, but this is optional.

regards,
Manuel

Do you by any chance know if this also works with the Supramatic E?.

EDIT: Found it. Just ordered one :slight_smile:

Hey Manuel,

Received the board! Congrats for that.

I’m just struggling to get it to work.
I’ve found the web interface page at 192.168.1.4 and so far thats works after a bus scan.

Now i need to connect it to my MQTT broker that is running as an addon in Home Assistant (officiel addon).

Ive set-up:
MQTT Server: 192.168.1.4
MQTT Port: 1883
MQTT User: ?? (Never created something for MQTT with Zigbee2MQTT)
MQTT Password: ?? (Same story)

I’ve read that you can use an internal user. I just tried the credentials of my admin account but that just tells me to restart the bus scan to clear the error.
After doing so …nothing happens and the web interface states: mqttstatus: false

What am i missing?

If your HCPBridge is on 192.168.1.4 then your MQTT Broker which runs as a Home Assistant Addon can not be on the same IP. You need to tell your bridge the address of your broker which, in your case, is your Home assistant IP. So the MQTT part of your configuration.h should look like this:

const char *MQTTSERVER = "IP of your HomeAssistant without port";
const int MQTTPORT = 1883; 
const char MQTTUSER[] = "mqtt";
const char MQTTPASSWORD[] = "password";

MQTTUSER and MQTTPASSWORD can be configured in your Home Assistant Mosquitto broker configuration and looks like this: (Haven’t tested it, but maybe you can leave these values empty. If not set your Zigbee2MQTT to the same user and password.)

- username: user
  password: your password

Don’t forget to save and restart the Addon. The bridge should be discovered automatically in Home Assistant. You might want to add the MQTT integration in HA if not done already.

Sorry. Typo.
The HCPBridge is on 192.168.4.1

My Home Assistant instance is on 192.168.1.4 (confusing…)

So:

1. Created a user for MQTT
  2. added them to the broker settings
logins:
  - username: mqtt
    password: mqtt
  1. Restarted the broker
  2. added these credentials to the HCPBridge interface
  3. Restarted that one

This is the result in the HCPBridge:
{"freemem":219468,"hostname":"HCPBRIDGE","ip":"0.0.0.0","wifistatus":255,"mqttstatus":false,"resetreason":3}

Is 192.168.1.4 and 192.168.4.1 in the same Subnet? If not, can 192.168.4.1 reach 192.168.1.4 1883/tcp?
I also don’t understand the “"ip":"0.0.0.0"” part. You are getting this info from the /status endpoint of your bridge right? Which means id definitely has an IP address.

Yeah, That info is from the /status page from the HCPBridge.
The 0.0.0.0 is just that there is no internet.

But the ‘Enable Wifi AP’ only let me create a point for the web-interface.

Do you get on your web ui being connected on your regular network or are you connected to the wifi hcpbridge from the device as AP is still active. Because your device has to be on the same network ad your mqtt broker. You have to make your device join your network where your mqtt server is. To do this enter your wifi credentials and then check if on your router you see and device with name hcpbridge. Go to the ip you the there and on the web interface deactivate the wifi access point. Then check if you’re device connect to mqtt otherwise check the setup of your mqtt broker how to create an user.

Problem is that it’s not on my network.
Been really sleepy last evening :sweat_smile:

Do i have to flash it again with mu wifi credentials?. Was thinking there was an option on the web UI to do that.

For those of you with Supramatic E3, what port is it supposed to be plugged into? is it the BUS port?
Does it need additional configuration to be “opened”?

Thanks

on the webui you can just enter your wifi credentials if you got the current version, it should have shipped with that version from what i rememeber, If you flashed it with something else you maybe don’t have that option and need to flash it again.

But yeah, this is you issue, you didn’t connect it to your wifi :slight_smile:

But were on the UI??
I have only the ‘Enable wifi AP’ what i my ears sounds like the possibility to enter the web by accespoint mode

Are you able to send to Norway?

How did you initiate the bus scan?
I have a supramatic E3, but it’s probably done the same way.
I cannot find anything about it in the manual

Thanks