Hörmann garage door via MQTT

very interested in the PCB too! ideally assembled but even a blank one would suffice. please advise how to get my hands on one - many thanks!

Hi there! I don’t know if I am already to late but I would really be interested in receiving a pre-assembled and flashed board.

Please let me know if you ship to Germany and how how much I have to pay.

Thank you in advance .
Cheers
Chris

@tsaG1337
Hi there!
I would really be interested in receiving a pre-assembled and flashed board from you.

Please let me know if ist possible and how how much I have to pay…(shipping Germany)

thx a lot!!!

I’m also interested!

I“ll hope we are not to late …

Hello,
I would also be interested fit for the preassembled PCB.
Am I too late?
Should we start a waiting list? :wink:

Tim

Moving into HA as well and have a Hørmann E3, would love to have one of these pre-assembled PCBs to get in into HA.

Postage from Germany is no problem.

Hello, I’m very interested in this project, i saw that a lot of sources are down, is there a new update or someone has a new PCB that can be user with ESPhome?

1 Like

Looks like mine will be delivered in Feb, so im also interested now :slight_smile:

I think best way to do this would be just solder wires to buttons on remote and program 1 for openning, 2 for stopping. Attach wires to esp and control over ESPhome

Hi Bjen,

Can you please confirm if it is working with Supramatic E4?
I’m about to get a controller, but it would have worth to make sure it is also confirmed to work with E4 series.

-Boti

Hi,

It is definitely a cheaper solution to use a remote controller wired to GPIO ports, but you would lose the feedback, what is your door status / position.

-Boti

Hey Boti, i have not been following this thread. I use a Shelly 2.5 to switch the dry contacts to open/close the door. Only negative is that it doesn’t give any feedback on the door position but it worked flawlessly for the past year.

Thanks Bjen, appreciate your quick feedback.

1 Like

you can always add door magnet sensor to know if it open or close, to get full posistion you would need to integrate proximity sensor, not hard

Hi, is there any hope to have the code for Promatic4? I’ve built two of these units, but they are useless to me if they’re not compatible, so will probably sell them.

Really interested in the board too.

They work for what hörmann?

For developers who may be interested, I noticed that SupraMatic 4 - which comes with the BlueSecur app - actually broadcasts the garage door status via Bluetooth LE.

So if anyone is able to create a “decoder” this may come free of charge in Home Assistant; I’ve tried with BLE Sniffer app for Android and when approaching your garage you’ll find a lot of broadcasts from a MAC starting with F7:30.

In the data you’ll receive, look at the 36th and 37th byte (indexes 35 and 36 starting from 0). Open your garage and you should see something like 0x13 0xC8:

• For the first byte, 0x13, just keep the lower 4 bits (i.e. ignoring the first hex digit), so 0x03.
    • 0x03 = open
    • 0x04 = closed
    • 0x07 = partially open (EDIT: it seems that the 0x05 pre-edit is not really used, at least on the Supramatic 4, more info HERE)
  • The second byte, 0xC8 is the percentage of the opening. C8 in decimal is 200 and this value must be divided by 2 to obtain a float with the percentage; so in this case 0xC8 means 100%.

Of course, via Bluetooth, it would be possible to open/close and send commands too but I think this relies on encryption (as the app allows only one user to send commands). But just having the status could be useful and you can use a Shelly as @bjen suggested to send the commands.

3 Likes

Regering the use of Shelly, they recently released an AddOn “shield” that can be clicked on the relais module. With this a read sensor can easily be added to identify the open/close state of the door through Shelly Shelly Plus AddOn - All Product - Products - Shelly

I haven’t tried this yet but I’m planning to go for this option.

2 Likes