Hourly electricity prices Netherlands

The total costs are still 0,00 Euro?

It works, I did the same.
But to get the real costs you probably need to manipulate the numbers using a template adding taxis and such. And create a new sensor entity with adjusted numbers.

I know i need to add some extra cents to the tarif. Have you already made something? Iā€™am a newby, so i donā€™t know where to start :blush:

Do you also have 0,00 Euroā€™s for costs in the energy dashboard?

In my graphs i see some hours with no tariff, maybe this is causing problems?

I have the same. There was a long period of 0 eur
So thatā€™s right. And also a period missing in gas. It started to pick up at 06:00. The time frames of gas and electricity are different. Maybe that is the reason.

That does not go quite well with gas, because it should show the value all day long. I have changed the requests when getting before 06:00 or after

Do I also need to change some code?

What do you mean exactly?

You mentioned, you have changed the requests when getting before 06:00 or after. Does this mean that i also have to change things?

No, that is already in the zip file, I just have to debug a bit more to check that everything is going well. because I didnā€™t expect those holes in the graph.

The gas price went to unavailable, I think at 24:00.
All that time the line stopped. At 6:00 the actual price was shown again. I think it should have shown the price from the day before until 06:00.
Hope that helps you debugging.
Unavailable was literally shown in the price sensor for gas.

See where things go wrong (in the python package) and probably already have a fix for that, still have to test whether it goes well after 06:00 and then I will share it again.

The core integration will probably come in version 2023.2, however there are some issues with how the attributes are currently being used, with the result that I will probably remove them for the time beeing (:cry:) until there is better support in Home Assistant to process day-ahead prices.

1 Like

Very nice :slight_smile: now using this as well! Thanks :slight_smile:

Latest version as a custom integration, which still contains the extra attributes and hopefully solves the problem with gas prices in the morning.

energyzero_v0.3.1.zip (5.4 KB)

1 Like

Ik heb alle bestanden uit de Zip file in de custom integration gekopieerd, maar ik heb de indruk dat het nu niet meer werkt. Zowel gas als energy heten nu beide current hour? Ik heb het rond 10 uur aangepast, dus tot die tijd gebruikte ik nog de vorige zip versie (v0.3.0)

Itā€™s best to add the integration again when you try a new version from the ZIP.

Have another issue to work on and that is that if there is no data from gas, the entities from energy will also become unavailable. Perhaps that is due to the coordinator and otherwise I might have to do the gas collection from 00:00 to 23:00 and not around 06:00.

I updated the custom component with version 0.3.1 and tried to reinstall the integration.
Thereā€™s the following error message when installing the integration (which fails for that reason)

energyzero.exceptions.EnergyZeroNoDataError: No gas prices found for this period.

The error trace

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/update_coordinator.py", line 225, in _async_refresh
    self.data = await self._async_update_data()
  File "/config/custom_components/energyzero/coordinator.py", line 56, in _async_update_data
    gas_today = await self.energyzero.gas_prices(
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.10/site-packages/energyzero/energyzero.py", line 156, in gas_prices
    raise EnergyZeroNoDataError("No gas prices found for this period.")

That message is also correct because EnergyZero no longer shows gas prices from 06:00.

Ok, but shouldnā€™t the integration install despite this fact?

Hi; i just started to use Home Assistant. A steep learning curve but getting there :slight_smile:

I read this topic top to bottom; good work being done here. I would lie to use it and learn from it. Can someone please point me how I can run this energyzero-zips in my home assistant?

I installed HA on my Synology in Docker; it has the following mounting -v /volume1/docker/homeassistant:/config \ so i thought; if i put a folder custom_components in the config folder and put the EnergyZero folder in there it would work after a restartā€¦ but i canā€™t find any traces of EnergyZero in the HA interfaceā€¦

Thanks a lot for pointing me in the right direction!

Settings > Devices and Services > add integration then search energy zero.