How do I change "nebula" color on Tuya Star Projector?

My kids have Tuya-based star projectors that they love dearly. I want them to be able to change the color of the nebula (there’s “multicolor”, “green”, “red”, “blue” and “off” available) via an Aqara Mini Switch. You can apparently only change the brightness of the laser-projected star field by default though. Has anyone succeeded with what I’m trying to achieve?

Have you been able to solve the problem yet?

I haven’t. What’s even more bizarre is that I have two of the star projectors now and on one, brightness settings apply to the star field and on the other to the nebula. Might’ve been different manufacturers, but I’m not sure in hindsight.

Apologies for the late reply!

Hi , any updates here? i was trying to setup using the localtuya, seem they are 3 lights , i want to embed them all into 1 light entity, as a more info option
is that possible?

GitHub - seydx/homebridge-star-projector: Homebridge plugin for controlling tuya/smartlife based star projectors

I found this but I’m still new to HA when it comes to how to initiate a new integration. Just wanted to share this for the moment.

1 Like

This great but how we install it to HA?

I have set up mine according to this settings with local tuya:

Changing the colors of the “light” makes the nebula shine in red, blue or green (or multicolor if selected an other color) and brightness lowers or raises the stars (and it it exposed to only 1 entitiy)

Hey guys, also have a smart star, did a debug on the device itself, and found these DP’ values
@ariel , this can maybe helfpull for finding out the motor?

group: ""   device: "Smart Star"   devDPS: "{
  '20': false,
  '21': 'white',
  '22': 800,
  '24': '012c00000320',
  '25': '04464602007803e803e800000000464602007803e8000a00000000',
  '26': 0,
  '101': 1000,
  '102': false,
  '103': false
1 Like