Tuya local

I’m trying to set up the Service API on IoT tuya. But according to the docs, I should subscribe to “IoT Data Analytics”… But there is no such subscription available to me. IoT Core, authorization, Smart home scene linkage and Data dashboard service is what I’m currently subscribed at.

thats been depreciated, you need to add device status notification as an extra one, it says trial but its free and not feature limited

I set up 2 teckin smart plugs in Tuya local.
First is connected to washing machine and second to electric radiator.
Both entities show correct power, but radiator in energy dasboard is way off.
4,09kWh in dashboard vs 0,26kWh in Tuya app.
Washer shows 1,92kWh vs 1,86kWh in Tuya app.

I am using Zemismart blind motors through Tuya Local - they use a wifi dongle for each fan. I had a lot of issues with drop-outs and the blinds going off-line sporadically.

Turns out it was two issues:

• Firstly my TP-Link EAP had an episode and was causing random dropouts on everything, even though the signal strength was high. That was fixed with a factory reset.
  • Secondly the wifi dongles don’t have a very good wifi system, so if there is any barrier between them and the AP they will behave poorly. Mine had a TV between them and the AP and that was enough to cause issues.

They now have close to line of sight and the random dropouts have gone… for now!

I always think that there are many many open network requests at startup and some of them fails but recovered in constitutive ones.

So, i am also having the similar issue but it is always recovered before full lunch complete

Just to share my findings using localtuya with a star / galaxy light projector for the kid’s room:

Everything works very well, the only caveat I ran into is that the internal motor speed doesn’t get exposed, it’s not configurable via the integration. This is probably a device design issue since I notice that also the official Tuya app does not expose this.

Everything that the official app exposes is configurable via this integration.

Note, in the beginning I was having WiFi drops from this device every few hours and the only way to recover was a power reset. Also if WiFi dropped because of some configuration change in the AP, the device was unable to recover connectivity. I seem to have fixed this by created a dedicated “IOT” SSID, setting it up as WPA2-only and using a numbers-only key, I read somewhere that basic inexpensive devices such as this one are known to have problems with muticase/mixed type keys.
FWIW my AP is AX-enabled and running asus merlin. I did not have to disable AX support in it.

1 Like

bought one of these from coles
thnx to tuyalocal ive got these running local, its great quick response and control without the cloud
found the following settings worked…

2 Likes

Can Tuya Local can be used in parallel with the Tuya cloud based app?

Thanks for sharing. I switched to use official tuya and this issue never happened again. My router and tuya lights are all in same location. I guess my issue may not related to wifi signal.

yes app always works, I am using smartlife

1 Like

For a while I had both Local Tuya and Tuya V2 running in HA to see what sensors were available - so yes.

1 Like

DUDE! I cannot thank you enough. I’ve been pulling my hair out on these for a month and as soon as I plugged THIS magical combination in, everything started working properly!

I finally have more than just on/off

Does this work with this device TuYa TV02-Zigbee control via MQTT | Zigbee2MQTT?

@Ryszard23 did you manage to get the settings for this?

The TuYa TV02-Zigbee is a device using the Zigbee protocol (not WiFi). Thus you will need the Zigbee2MQTT integration and a Zigbee-Adapter on your HA to be able to manage the device. Tuya Local will not work with the TuYa TV02-Zigbee.

Under localtuya repository, there is an open PR to add child ZigBee devices over localtuya integration.

Hi guys,

I check all thread but looks like nobody have come across this which is a bit strange…
Anyway, just got an outdoor siren that, as far as I am able to understand, does not have a simple “alarm on/off” switch -it rather has a few options to select, like this:
2022-02-28 16_36_53-Tuya IoT Platform and 59 more pages - Personal - Microsoft​ Edge

I am struggling to find a proper platform in local tuya integration that would allow me to choose on of those options. If I choose “select” as a platform - it only let me specify two options but not more:
2022-02-28 16_39_17-Configuration – Home Assistant and 59 more pages - Personal - Microsoft​ Edge

Any ideas how to overcome that? Do I need to choose any another platform or this type of device is not supported (yet) ?

Thank you

P.S. And “select” platform does not work anyway… it is just grayed/disabled in HA so I must choose something else… but what?

I am using switch platform. I am using 104 as main switch, 105 as current and 106 as voltage.

I mapped main switch as alarm trigger switch.
Current value as temperature sensor and voltage value as humidity sensor.
Mine is supporting these.

1 Like

To answer my own question - I have not found a solution to my problem yet while using LocalTuya integration.
However there is a workaround. I user tinytuya python module to write my own little script that sends exactly what I want to the siren.
HA can either call the script directly or use MQTT to send a command to my server where the script is. For now it is one way communication (HA can only send commands to the siren but not read its state back) but I don’t think this is a problem - the siren is not a sensor anyway.

I know this is old, but how exactly does the select entity work?

How do I input this in the setup dialog?