How do I set temperature on Aqara Thermostat from automations? - solved

I’ve got recently a few Aqara Thermostats, installation was super smooth, connection to HA as well (I’m using ZHA). I’ve got “Thermostat” entry in UI where I can control the temperature, so far so good.

However when I tried to create an automation, I’m not completely lost. There is just no entry like “set temperature”, but only “set away temperature” in automations UI.

I’ve searched around and somewhere like Thermostat automation in HA - #4 by sheminasalam or Set the temperature of the generic thermostat with a automation everyone mentions “service” and “climate”, but I don’t have it???

Update: I’m quite sure I’m not blind, so I think something was really changed after updating HA which I did right now in parallel… I had the version from August and now in October version I at least see “climate” in services and was finally able to set it… Or maybe it was reboot which helped because “Climate” was not created automatically when I added the thermostat devices?.. I don’t know… But I’m sure it wasn’t there…

I won’t discard the post to keep it for other newbies who struggle with the same and also maybe as some feedback to make the UI more intuitive, until now every automation I needed was obvious to set from “Device”, I don’t understand why do I need this “Service” now…

1 Like