How does one delete or remove unavailable entities for smartthings integrations?

I was using life360 with smartthings when I connected my smartthings to home Assistant using the new official way. Then I went into smartthings to remove most of the components there and only left my zigbee contact sensors I had on there. However in home Assistant I still see my life360 entities on the integrations page under smartthings. I don’t see an option to remove them only to rename the entities.

Can anyone tell me how to do this?

I have already tried to restart it and no cigar. The artifacts are still present for some reason.

1 Like

Hey guys wondering if anyone can help clear this up. I can go in and delete them from the customizations page but it tell me that those entities have to be removed from the integrations page which there I can’t see how to delete the entity individually. I only see how to delete the whole integration

There may be a better way, but I search for the device in core.device_registry and core.entity_registry files (located in the .storage folder) and deleted old smarthings items from each file. After a restart they were gone from the UI.

Be sure to backup those files before modifying. I’m pretty sure a mistake in there will make for a bad day.

1 Like

Thanks! I actually did the same thing. Now I’m a lot more comfortable with deleting entires. They are just in JSON.

Hello there,
Where can one find the .storage folder?

is on the config folder.

1 Like

Thank you, found them!

This seemed to work for me thanks! Still doesn’t appear to be a ‘better’ way to deal with this issue in the integration.

Hi,

I would like to ride on this open thread. I have a Tradfri Remote previously on Smartthings which i have removed it succesfully on ST platform and right now i have paired with on ZHA using Conbee 2.

I noticethe button is not triggering my light and have been trying to debug and i still see this entry listed in HA.

I tried remove the following code below from the /.storage/core.device_registry and reboot HA. but the entry still appears. Can advise on how this should be done to remove this Device from HA.

{
                "config_entries": [
                    "b424df1163e269b60244d92e3ac44efb"
                ],
                "connections": [],
                "identifiers": [
                    [
                        "smartthings",
                        "9705a637-5a71-4c25-b091-8395e2259eaa"
                    ]
                ],
                "manufacturer": "Unavailable",
                "model": "Ikea Tradfri Shortcut Button",
                "name": "Bedroom IKEA Remote",
                "sw_version": null,
                "entry_type": null,
                "id": "f4107dafd9b097e80d9b1762827fa499",
                "via_device_id": null,
                "area_id": "bedroom",
                "name_by_user": null,
                "disabled_by": null
            },

Any more news on removing devices in Home Assistant after they have been removed in SmartThings?

Should not integration remove devices + entities automatically if removed from SmartThings Hub/IDE?

1 Like

+1
I am trying to move devices (mostly z wave) from SmartThings to Home Assistant while using the ST integration to show the devices in Home Assistant. When I move a device to HA, I have duplicate entities if I use the same name. :unamused:

1 Like

This is still an issue, see https://github.com/home-assistant/core/issues/69843

Deleting device references in 2 files should do it according to tgis reddit thread:

I had the same issue during the transition and just opted to nuke the integration altogether which also required deleting a .smartthings folder or something along those lines… but this was a year ago so things may have changed.

The method I figured out is as to do the following:

1. Exclude the device from SmartThings
  2. Rename the device in Home Assistant by adding something like “old ST” to the end of the name. Be sure to choose to rename all entities.
  3. Disable the device in HA
  4. Join the device to HA

This avoid name conflicts and disables the ST device in HA.