How to access config.txt for deCONZ?

My deCONZ is not working, let me know if you can help

I have read in the Deconz documentation that there may be two lines I need to add to the config.txt file, but I am unable to access it.

I have Samba Share and Terminal & SSH installed. Both integrations say they are running. I am able to access the Pi as a network from my mac, but the “boot” drive is not one of the options, and I need to access this part to get to the config.txt.

I have read a lot of forums online about how to connect to the Pi via SSH from my mac and am unable to do it. I dont understand enough about what people describe in the forum posts I have found, but I have the integration running and try the commands they suggest. I have entered these commands into the mac Terminal but usually get “connection refused” or other errors:

ssh -p 22222 [[email protected]](mailto:[email protected])

ssh -p 22 [[email protected]](mailto:[email protected])

ssh -p 22222 root@HASSIO-IP

cd /boot

I am using
Conbee II USB stick (in HA Pi)

Deconz 6.10.0

Phoscon-GW172.30.33.1

HA Core 2021.10.6

OS 6.5

in deCONZ integration, I have my device selected as “/dev/serial/by-id/usb-dresden_elektronik_ingenieurtechnik_GmbH_ConBee_II_DE2190867-if00”

In deCONZ the Xiaomi and IKEA switches and sensors are not working.

I use the deCONZ add-on and have Xiaomi and Ikea switches working fine, and I didn’t need to tinker with config.txt. What is the exact problem are you having? Do you have the Conbee connected to a USB extension cable? They commonly do not work without one due to interference.

Oh I have not heard of this! Yes the deCONZ used to work for me also without editing that file, and eventually it just stopped working and I could never figure out why. I will try it with a usb extension cable and let you know!

Unfortunately, putting the conbee stick on a usb extension cable didn’t seem to fix it.

Here is the error that I have in the logs

15:33:18:730 wait reconnect 2 seconds
15:33:19:729 wait reconnect 1 seconds
15:33:19:802 COM: /dev/serial/by-id/usb-dresden_elektronik_ingenieurtechnik_GmbH_ConBee_II_DE2190867-if00 / serialno: DE2190867, ConBee II
15:33:21:228 failed to reconnect to network try=10
15:33:21:377 device state timeout ignored in state 2
15:33:21:537 device state timeout ignored in state 2
15:33:21:696 device state timeout ignored in state 2

When searching for the “ignored in state 2” issue, I found someone say that adding
dtoverlay=pi3-miniuart-bt
To the config.txt will help fix it

With “dtoverlay=miniuart-bt” i added a new device under system (“/dev/ttyS0”) and when sticking to “/dev/ttyAMA0” in deCONZ add-on, it found my RaspBee2 and worked flawlessly.
In addition: i setup RaspbianOS in parallel to update the RaspBee2 firmware to latest (deCONZ_RaspBeeII_0x26690700.bin.GCF )

I have also seen people talk about updating deCONZ firmware, but I have not seen anyone explain the steps to do that. The gitHub for deconz makes it seem like I am on the latest version. There are a few different places inside of HA that deCONZ is referenced, and I dont see any firmware (or any) update options in those places either.

I also found this person who had the same issue as me. Someone linked to how to update deCONZ and that helped their issue. But it looks like they had to SSH into the Pi, which brings me back to the first hurdle I was having.

Maybe i’ll do a bit more searching on how to SSH into the HA pi, and create a new topic on it if the recommendations don’t get me into it.

I read somewhere that you have to access the SSH using a terminal in the interfaace. I was using “Terminal” in mac os (similar to Putty).

Screen Shot 2021-11-13 at 4.23.26 PM

I assume with this built in terminal, I am already SSH’d into the Pi HA system?

I followed each step in the firmware update steps here. Sometimes something would happen or something would install. Half the time it would say the command was not found.

I couldnt get the text to copy out of it so here is a screenshot. Nothing changed once I did all of this.

After restarting the Add On and viewing the log, it says “GW update firmware found”, but I dont know if that means that it installed it.

16:35:11:880 device state timeout ignored in state 2
16:35:12:040 device state timeout ignored in state 2
16:35:12:201 device state timeout ignored in state 2
16:35:12:247 GW update firmware found: /usr/share/deCONZ/firmware/deCONZ_ConBeeII_0x26660700.bin.GCF
16:35:12:248 GW firmware version: 0x00000002
16:35:12:360 device state timeout ignored in state 2
16:35:12:520 device state timeout ignored in state 2
16:35:12:680 device state timeout (handled)
16:35:12:779 void zmMaster::handleStateIdle(zmMaster::MasterEvent) not connected goto OFF state
16:35:12:780 device state timeout ignored in state 1
16:35:13:229 wait reconnect 15 seconds
16:35:14:228 wait reconnect 14 seconds

I guess the issues is probably with the installation of deCONZ firmware, and not connecting to the config.txt, so I should probably create a new topic on that subject