How to allow a certain person to sign in from the local network, but not otherwise?

i have a person whom i trust, that i would like to give control of my home whenever they are over, but because i can’t control whether they lose their phone etc, I would like to only allow this access when they are signing in from a specific local ip address (their statically assigned ip address)

is there any way to do this? even a way to enable or disable an account as the result of an automation would work

Put their device in static IP on LAN network

Put that IP in trusted_networks
If they lose device or you want revoke access, you may simply ban them from LAN, move device static IP or remove from this list

You may also give them their own user/pass, else you may provide access to configuration

Configuration>>users>>"+"

they have an account already, which i assume means that they would be able to log in no matter what I did with trusted_networks right?

trusted_networks means login is bypassed. Pretty sure that allows access to configurations

User login allows person configuration access.

sounds like theres no way to do this without blocking my own access from outside my network then

Problem is, if they use the app, once they’ve signed in, they will stay signed in until the cache gets cleared or until it asks for a pw again (which could take days/weeks).

The IP ban option is nice, though, mobile phones tend to get different ip addresses every so often, so this won’t be the best option.

Before USERS existed I planned to run a second HA instance in docker for Guest Users.

Create all sensors and switches using template component then provide access to that.

In this case access to configuration has little importance and you may provide some specific interface for control of only required items. It can be fully customized for the person

this may help your goal

nice, i didn’t know there was a way to modify the UI with per-user settings, i will definitely be using this.

for now, ill have them use a url that only resolves on my local DNS.