How to APsystems Modell EZ1-M monitoring

I’ve created an Integration: GitHub - mawoka-myblock/apsystemsapi-ha

It just queries the current production and the all-time production, but it uses the APsystems cloud. Error handling also isn’t really robust and this is my first ever Home-Assistant integration, so feedback is appreciated.

4 Likes

Thanks! Thats what I need. Unfortuantely there is something that Im missing… I installed the integration and added the sensor to my config (this morning while it was online) I am also not able to see anything in the log…

Interesting, thanks
But which URL is used to add it as repository ?

I have this error message :
GitHub - mawoka-myblock/apsystemsapi-ha is not a valid add-on repository

Thanks !

Use this as URL under HACS => Three dots upper right corner => Custom Repository => Repository => GitHub - mawoka-myblock/apsystemsapi-ha => Category => Integration

Thanks

I have now a new entity under HACS : APsystems API update
But nothing appears in the HA logs regarding this entity

Sensor has been added to configuration.yaml, correct ?

If there isn’t anything appearing in the logs, it should work. Have a look under devices → entities and search for “apsystems” and the sensor should pop up. Pleas also update to the most recent version.

Hello,
I have received my copy of this inverter.
Have you successfully paired it with a smartphone without connecting the solar panels?

Regards

You can download the zip file from Gihub and copy it into
config / custom_components folder:

No, that doesn’t work, since the inverter only gets power using the solar panels.

I try to add the integration to Energy dashboard, but I have this error

How to use it in Energy dashboard ? Datas stuck at 0.

There is datas on Historical tab :

1 Like

Too bad I’ll have to wait for the package to arrive.

Could one of you post an example of the data returned by the
list_inverters method?

This works by connecting a DC 24V power supply to input 1.
I was able to pair up the inverter.

The response model is above the function. The whole library is using Pydantic for every response. https://github.com/mawoka-myblock/apsystems-api/blob/1b1ad154c2ac9b9cb6c41c754e7f600e4254052c/apsystems_api/__init__.py#L79

The German-language YouTube channel “Tips, Tricks & More” states that the press embargo on APSystems’ public API will probably be lifted on 24.11. A video will then probably also appear there. A Home Assistant integration will probably also be explained there.

But, if I’m honest, the api the app uses is so simple and well made, that there’s no need for anlther api, just some docs, since I found everything out by intercepting the traffic between the app and the server

New update with local API is available

3 Likes

The integration for home assistant will be released in the evening in cooperation with TipsTricksMore from YouTube.

4 Likes

Does this require a firmware update of the EZ1 inverter?