How to APsystems Modell EZ1-M monitoring

Yes, but APsystems does that automatically for you. You just need to update the app to enable the local api

1 Like

Okay, here we go: GitHub - SonnenladenGmbH/APsystems-EZ1-API-HomeAssistant: The APsystems EZ1 Integration offers a streamlined interface for interacting with the local API of APsystems EZ1 Microinverters using Home Assistant.

Link to the German YouTube-video: https://youtu.be/Ph9xHwBkK50

2 Likes

Great! Is there also a documentation from APSystems of the new local API you used for your integration available?

https://sonnenladengmbh.github.io/APsystems-EZ1-API/api/

Thx! But I was refering to the APSystems docs shown in the video.

Iā€™ve installed the iOS 1.2.5 app but I donā€™t have the option to enable the local API.
Firmware version is still EZ1 1.1.1
This tells me that there are no updates available.

Android App is on Version 1.2.6
Maybe the iOS Update comes later?

Yeah, same here. Apple just need more time than android. Still waiting too

Iā€™ve just tested you with the latest version of the Android application. Same issue.

Iā€™m in possession of the original api documentation, but Iā€™m not sure if I am allowed to publish it, but take my word: The python-api implements all functions.

1 Like

If I understand the instructions on the GitHub page of the custom component correctly, there must first be a local connection to the inverter via Bluetooth to activate the local API.
As thereā€™s no sun here in western Germany at the moment anyway and the inverter is off, Iā€™ll probably have to wait until tomorrow to test it. No matter which app version :smiley:

Thatā€™s true!

I managed to upgrade firmware 1.6.1 this morning. Local API works fine with HA integration:

APsystems EZ1 Local API User Manual

1 Like

I added French translation for this integration:

In the setup howto video i saw that BT works between the device and the smartphone app.
Is that something HA and a BT-Proxy can also leverage?

Why would you want that?

I havenā€™t analysed the setup process but it might be possible to setup a new device, without using a smartphone, directly from HA that way.

Why I cant connect to my EZ1 via Bluetooth?

When I disconnect the ac and reconnect, then I find the inverter in my android bluetooth settings.

But when I wanna add a new device in the Apsystems app, he doesnā€™t find it.

Should I remove my inverter (wifi) from the app and add via bluetooth again?

Whats the right way?

I had to log out of the app to be able to establish a direct connection.

using the HACS Integration i do get some erros in the log:

2024-01-17 14:56:18.670 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.helpers.entity] Update for sensor.apsystems_ez1_lifetime_production fails
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity.py", line 898, in async_update_ha_state
    await self.async_device_update()
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity.py", line 1216, in async_device_update
    await self.async_update()
  File "/config/custom_components/apsystemsapi_local/sensor.py", line 196, in async_update
    await self.async_update_data()
  File "/config/custom_components/apsystemsapi_local/sensor.py", line 142, in async_update_data
    data = await self._api.get_output_data()
           ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.11/site-packages/APsystemsEZ1/__init__.py", line 154, in get_output_data
    return ReturnOutputData(**d)
           ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
TypeError: ReturnOutputData.__init__() missing 6 required positional arguments: 'p1', 'e1', 'te1', 'p2', 'e2', and 'te2'

Can anyone confirm the behavior?