How to avoid this popup? The Lovelace config was updated, would you like to refresh? REFRESH

After I saved my lovelace.yaml update and click reload in windows chrome browser (instead of the 3-dot Refresh), that message will pop up and stay until I click the REFRESH on the popup or click reload in browser again.

Is there a way to not show this popup with just reload?

lovelace in yaml mode, 0.98.4 Hassbian on ubuntu server.

TIA

Found a way around the popup using browser_mod reload to automatically reload lovelace config in combination of my lovelace.yaml file change binary sensor.

Just tried this and it still comes up with the Popup asking you to confirm.

Have you found any other way to refresh lovelace?

I’m on 102.2 now, the popup is still shows but just once or twice a day.
Haven’t found a way to stop them :frowning:

1 Like
browser_mod.lovelace_reload

does indeed reload the frontend, but does not remove the toast message “The Lovelace config was updated…”. Would like to find a solution because I use a tablet as a “magic mirror” behind some glass, and it’s bad to pick it out and click “Refresh” any time something changes.

I’m using Wallpanel app, and it seems to have remote “page reload” functionality - https://github.com/WallPanel-Project/wallpanel-api/blob/master/README.md - trying to get this to work.

Edit: it did work as promised with enabling it in the app and using https://www.home-assistant.io/integrations/rest_command/

Just an FYI. I started getting this popup today. I never saw it before. Worse, it popped up every time I opened a browser on the UI, from multiple devices. Nothing seemed to make it go away.

I had edited my ui-lovelace.yaml file a different way than usual. I figured it must have something to do with the timestamp on the file. So I did “ls -l .homeassistant” and it showed the timestamp of the file this way:

-rw-rw----  1 phil          homeassistant    18291 Feb 23  2020 ui-lovelace.yaml

That looked weird. So I did “touch ui-lovelace.yaml”, and the timestamp changed to:

-rw-rw----  1 phil          homeassistant    18291 Feb 23 19:09 ui-lovelace.yaml

The problem went away. So apparently the method I used to change the file messed up the timestamp. Using touch fixed it. Now I no longer see the message. Phew!

1 Like

Thanks @pnbruckner, I’ll keep an eye out for that.
The popup does not happen as much lately, I’ll report back next time I see that.
Hope that’s the reason.

this happens every time I click the 3 dots menu-refresh. Even after not having changed anything in the yaml files. Without exception.

One can see the page refresh, after which the popup appears. Clicking that doesn’t even seem to do what it says it would do…

Must confess I have browser_mod installed, and Custom header.

1 Like

Me too… Really annoying!

And again, me too.

1 Like

I’m getting this now randomly for last few weeks all the time when there have been no config changes… Also using browser_mod and custom header. I guess I will try to go touch all of the files in my lovelace config and see what happens.

because this is still the top post i find about this, i will reply here.

My solution to the problem:

- id: '1601819846166'
  alias: refresh dashboard on change
  description: ''
  trigger:
  - platform: event
    event_type: lovelace_updated
    event_data: {}
  condition: []
  action:
  - service: browser_mod.lovelace_reload
    data: {}
  - service: browser_mod.toast
    data:
      duration: 1
  mode: single

The key point is the “browser_mod.toast” with a message which last only 1 ms.

1 Like

@RubenNL that seemed promising but my toast message gets stuck in a loop as if the toast itself is prompting the automation to fire again. I do have mode: single set as you did.

What would be great is a toggle in the settings somewhere to just turn the Lovelace updated message off.

Fixed this by adding a one-second delay!

- id: id 35
  alias: stop annoying lovelace refresh toast
  mode: single
  max_exceeded: silent
  trigger:
    - platform: event
      event_type: lovelace_updated
      event_data: {}
  condition: []
  action:
    - service: browser_mod.lovelace_reload
    - delay: "00:00:01"