How to: Build a whole house audio system

I appreciate the input for LMS. I have the server setup with 3 squeezelite devices. I also gave the spotty app working. The LMS interface leaves something to be desired. I used a web card to make the LMS interface available directly through HA. Works fine from a computer and web browser, however it doesn’t scale very well on a phone when fronted by HA. The LMS interface has the two big box area’s, one for selecting media, the other for showing and controlling the players. Sadly on a phone held in lanscape the media selection box takes up 75% of the embedded web page, leaving 25% for the player interface. This scaling prevents access to player volume. I added the LMS intergation to HA so now I can use a media card to access each player and their associated volume adjustment. The media card also gives an option to select items to play, but it’s really ugly. So is anyone aware of a cleaner interface for integrating LMS with HA? Alternative I guess I’m really asking how have others connected LMS to HA? Here’s the web page integration on my laptop:

Here’s the media cards for each player:

You have to click the dots in the upper right corner of the media cards to actually get the volume

He’s what the LMS interface looks like on my phone using the web card in HA:

No way to access the player volume.

get the material UI addon for LMS, and use ip:port/material

Very nice. Works great on the phone:

yep. I run it ln a smaller card, next to mini-media-player cards, so I can easily access all player volumes:

My wife also uses it so i guess its easy to use :slight_smile:

also:
https://github.com/floris-b/lms_tts_notify exists for tts notifications
and: https://github.com/ynot123/LMS_Controls for voice control

1 Like

Thanks for the additional URLs. Text to speech notifications was the next thing I was thinking about looking into. The voice control also looks useful. On your interface you have LMS Sync Controls. Does this enable the player synchronization in LMS? If yes how did you enable these entities and whats is the action executed when you toggle the switches? I have an entity for each player created by the LMS integration. Is the switch just the power button for the entity?

It’s part of the voice control automations (big file) and syncs a specific player to a (selected) master device.

In my screenshot, the drop down selects the master. (here woonkamer)

If I’d turn on the keuken switch, it will sync to woonkamer.

It’s not perfect, as everything unsyncs when you select a different master. But to be honest my sync groups don’t change much so I didn’t spend more time.
For power button in just use the mini media player cards.

I tried to capture the work required to get the LMS based system set up here.

That’s pretty cool…
except that it needs google Home to work :frowning:

Anyone knows of a solution that works without Alex/Google Home or similar?