How to check if device is using Tuya?

Hi all - I’m really excited about the new HA / Tuya integration coming (with eventual local control) and want to start getting some Tuya switches for my home.

The issue is that I can’t find a list or any way to identify if a device is using tuya unless I buy it first and test. I know there is a list of all devices supported by the new integration, but all it shows is supported categories.

Althought I’d like to get some tuya sensors too, here are two specific switch examples I was looking at a) Kasa Smart Dimmer Switch HS220P3 b) Feit Electric Dimmer Switch

Does anyone know of a way to tell which are Tuya devices?

Does the advertising say it uses the tuya app?

PS the Kasa is already supported in HA.

I am sure I have seen Feit stuff here on the forum.

Feit Electric advertises its own app to control the device but based on some feedback from others, you can also control this device using the tuya app. This is what makes it so confusing. Companies rebrand Tuya app and there is no way to know what’s actually inside without trying first. This is why i was hoping someone might know of an easier way to identify Tuya (or at least share some list).

Yes, that is tuya’s business model.

Can I just ask a question in relation to Tuya controlled products?

If you add a product to the manufacturer’s app in the first instance, can you remove it and then add it into the Tuya app instead? So that you could then pick it up via this new integration?

You can, but you don’t have to. You can go directly to Tuya without ever installing the manufacturer app or you can use both at same time.

You can just reset each device and connect it via tuya apps. It will make integrations much easier