How to configure ZME-WALLC-S wall switch?

I’ve recently bought a ZME-WALLC-S, a battery powered Zwave (Plus) switch. I could successfully include it to my Zwave network put it is not recognized completely. It shows up as a plain node with no manufacturer or model information available. Configuration option however appear in the zwave menu.
My problem is now: how do I set up the device so I can actually switch anything?

In the Openzwv log the following appears, when I press one of the buttons:

2017-06-24 12:58:38.316 Info, Node009, Received Central Scene set from node 9: scene id=4 in 0 seconds. Sending event notification.
2017-06-24 12:58:38.316 Warning, Node009, No ValueID created for Scene 4

How can I use this to trigger an automation?

Edit: Meanwhile the device show’s up as “zwave.popp_009303_battery_wall_controller”. But to me it looks quite unusable with home assitant.

It’s been a while since I’ve used it, but here’s some of my automation config which uses zwave scene id values to trigger scenes in HA:

[code]

• alias: Kitchen Light Switch Off
    trigger:
    platform: event
    event_type: zwave.scene_activated
    event_data:
    object_id: wallswitch1_35
    scene_id: 22
    action:
    service: scene.turn_on
    entity_id: scene.kitchen_off[/code]

Thanks for the hint. It’s almost working like this.
Make sure the ZMW-WALLC-S is set to send scenes on each button. The you can use an automation rule like this:

@dasmaeh Did you get you WallC to work?
After adding what you and @am3rig0 talked about I get some errors:
Info, Node046, ApplicationCommandHandler - Unhandled Command Class 0x5b

Sorry, it’s been a while since I’ve used those, but I do recall having the same kind of issues.

I think this was to do with the switch not being in scene controller mode.

Just had a quick look for you and found a couple of links that I’ve used to help me make those work.

Hopefully that will point you in the right direction to get those to work.

I got it to work by following the following steps.

NB! Make sure you have the device in factory default mode. If not remove the device and factory reset it.

• click “add node secure” and press any button on the ZME controller for >1 sec until it starts blinking
  • wait until the logs (tail -f /config/OZW_Log.txt) stops printing information about your node
  • look in zwcfg_xxx.xml to see that your node is there “ZME-WALLC-S”. If not restart hassio and it should show up

// the following 2 should be preceeded by pressing all 4 buttons until blinking and then push button 2. blinking rapidly

• set association to the z-wave controller in the HA zwave config menu

• Click refresh node. This will put the device in probe state // maybe not needed but I had to

• Stop HA by ssh into HA and run hassio homeassistant stop

• edit /config/owxfg_.xml and look for ZME_WALLC-S Secure Wall Controller.
    In this Node you replace CommandClass id=“91” with this:

<CommandClass id="91" name="COMMAND_CLASS_CENTRAL_SCENE" version="1" request_flags="5" innif="true" scenecount="0">
<Instance index="1" />
	<Value type="int" genre="system" instance="1" index="0" label="Scene Count" units="" read_only="true" write_only="false" verify_changes="false" poll_intensity="0" min="-2147483648" max="2147483647" value="0" />
	<Value type="int" genre="system" instance="1" index="1" label="Button One" units="" read_only="true" write_only="false" verify_changes="false" poll_intensity="0" min="-2147483648" max="2147483647" value="0" />
	<Value type="int" genre="system" instance="1" index="2" label="Button Two" units="" read_only="true" write_only="false" verify_changes="false" poll_intensity="0" min="-2147483648" max="2147483647" value="0" />
	<Value type="int" genre="system" instance="1" index="3" label="Button Three" units="" read_only="true" write_only="false" verify_changes="false" poll_intensity="0" min="-2147483648" max="2147483647" value="0" />
	<Value type="int" genre="system" instance="1" index="4" label="Button Four" units="" read_only="true" write_only="false" verify_changes="false" poll_intensity="0" min="-2147483648" max="2147483647" value="0" />
	<Value type="int" genre="system" instance="1" index="5" label="Other" units="" read_only="true" write_only="false" verify_changes="false" poll_intensity="0" min="-2147483648" max="2147483647" value="0" />
</CommandClass>
  • Start HA by ssh into HA and run hassio homeassistant start
  • do tail -f /config/OZW_Log.txt and then press a button on your WALL-C controller and see that it should have output like this:
2019-02-17 12:08:39.667 Detail, Node010,   Received: 0x01, 0x0b, 0x00, 0x04, 0x00, 0x0a, 0x05, 0x5b, 0x03, 0xd8, 0x00, 0x01, 0x7e
2019-02-17 12:08:39.667 Detail,
2019-02-17 12:08:39.667 Info, Node010, Received Central Scene set from node 10: scene id=1 in 0 seconds. Sending event notification.
2019-02-17 12:08:39.667 Detail, Node010, Refreshed Value: old value=0, new value=0, type=int
2019-02-17 12:08:39.667 Detail, Node010, Changes to this value are not verified
2019-02-17 12:08:39.667 Detail, Node010, Notification: ValueChange
  • Note the scene id=<number which should be 1 if the top left button was pressed

• Add automation to test it

alias: Test zwave event
trigger:
  platform: event
  event_type: zwave.scene_activated
  event_data:
    entity_id: zwave.z_wave_me_zme_wallc_s_secure_wall_controller_2
    scene_id: 1
action:
  - service: notify.notify
    data_template:
        Got event for scene id 1 from the controller

Every time time I try it again to get the WALLC-S working in home assistant, but only the single click option is working.

I have configured the CommandClass 91 as mentioned above.
My WALLC-S is set to button 1-3 in pair with double click and 2-4 also in pair with double click
Group A and C are configured configure to ‘Central Scan to Gateway (default)’

Single click buttons are working fine, but all double click buttons i receive the message in OZW_Log.txt:

No ValueID created for Scene 4

What have i forgotten or missed?

I dont believe double click is supported. I have click and long press working

This topic has been stale for a bit but since i have been struggling for a while to get to work i thought i would add what did the trick for me in the end.

I now have the zme wall c working with single and double click where it will send a scene 1 to 8 to home assistant. At first it was working for 5 scenes but not for scene 6 7 8 as those threw a no valueid created for that scene.

what i did:
for the node parameters 1: button 1 and 3 pair mode and 2 button 2 and 4 pair mode i put them in "seperately’ it also worked int “pair with double click” but i preferred the cycling of the scene as single click now give scene 1-4 and double clicks give 5-8.
the command to control group A -D i left in "central scene to gateway.

The thing that made the difference for me to make it work, as the above was already mentioned in this and other posts, was to amend the command class id= 91 section in the xml as already mentioned above. But i added 3 extra lines to it. Basically I copied the last line and the only change in each line was changing other into other2 other and other3. It seems that this gave it the 8 lines it needed to have 8 scenes working.
Not sure if that is the logic for it but that was the trick that made it work for me.

Hope it helps, good luck :slight_smile:

1 Like

Anyone looking to do this now, it is very easy. Go into Config-Z-wave, click Stop Network. Then go into File Editor to do the edits shown above. Then Config-Z-wave, Start Network.

Thanks for all the help, working finally.