How to connect to Nibe heat pump without the cloud

I’m trying to connect my Nibe 1255 heat pump using the integration selecting NibeGW since the Home Assitant and the heat pump are on the same network. I know that I have selected the correct model (1255) and remote adress = IP adress for the heatpump. but I do not get the port addresses correct.
Can anyone tell me what values you use for:
Local Listening Port
Remote Read Port
Remote Write Port

Thank you for your help

I got my F750 connected using nibegw but noticed that fan speed control is missing. However it seems that the register was already added to Release 2.3.0 · yozik04/nibe · GitHub. Just wondering when will this version be added to the HA integration, @elupus ?

Ha just need a dep bump. Anybody is free to do it. Just not gotten around to doing it yet.

Hey Guys, more of a frontend question.

The “more hot water” entity for my S1225 is a slider at the moment. Sliding to max 127 turns it on and sliding back to 0 turns it off. The slider also slides to negative values. The entity is number.more_hot_water_40698.

I would like to convert the slider to a button, pressing the button on sets the value to 127 and pressing it again turns it off and sets the value to 0.

Any ideas? I have created 2 scripts: 1 sets the value to 127 the other to 0. But that’s as far i as i got. Any ideas on how to create the button?

Any help appreciated.

I’ve noticed that when I activate Holiday mode from the integration, it works fine and activates on the heat pump. However, shortly after I do that, the entity (select.holiday_activated_48043) becomes unavailable. That unfortunately make it so that I can not disable Holiday mode from Home Assistant, and I have to physically disable it on the F730 control panel.

Has any one else seen this? Am I doing something wrong? Is this expected behavior?

Hi @albatorsk I installed Lilygo board with esphome. Thanks for the great explanation how to do it you wrote on Feb. I connected board with Nibe and enabled MODBUS. I added Integration into Home Assistant and got Controls and Configuration sensors. But I am not able to do any change in heating (climate) and error is showing in Home Assistant “Failed to call service …”

Dont you know what could be wrong?

Please check logs for more error info.

Hi @elupus

I have setup logger VERBOSE and my logs are below

# Enable logging
logger:
  level: VERBOSE

When I try to change target temperature it will show "Failed to call service climate/set_temperature. ‘set_temperature’ requires ‘hvac_mode’ when passing 'temperature and ‘hvac_mode’ is not already set to ‘heat’ or ‘cool’ "

Can you look in the developer section on what attribute values that climate entity has and paste them here. It looks like it doesn’t know what mode the pump is in.

Ps. Do you have a indoor temperature sensor hooked up to the pump?

Please see attributes of climate entity. It looks like it knows (off) but could not change it.

Yes I do have indoor temparature sensor, as you can see below (VVM320 BT50 Room Temp S1)

Can you check what the value of the parameter 47394 is? You may need to enable it. Should be called something like “Use room sensor S1” if that is not turned on, your pump will not use room sensors for control.

Ps. You need to enable that inside your pump at the moment. Can’t be done from HA

Hi elupus. Thank you for your help. I enabled “Use room sensor S1” inside HA and after that I turned it on which also enabled climate entity. It is now responsive and working.

Is the whole climate entity based only on this “Use room sensor S1” or should I enable other entities in order to change Operation, as shown below.

Could you please help me to manage also hot water (set temperature…)?

You should not need to enable that sensor. Should have been handled by itself. It should just have been indicative. (needed to be turned on in the pump)

Changing mode is currently not supported. I have a fix for that in the works. It will just toggle the use of temperature sensors for control. Not fully turn the pump off. There is separate operation mode entity for that.

Hot water should also work. What is wrong with it?

Have you checked if changing the temperature in HA actually changes the temperature on the heat pump? I can not get it to work. Other parameters update fine.

For changing the temperature of the hot water, enable the sensors like “start_temperature_hw_high_temperature_40059”. Then you can change the min and max limit for each hot water mode. To change the mode the sensor “hot_water_demand_mode_40057” is used. This is for the S320.

Ah right. No changing temperature is not supported in the water heater yet. Suppose we should support that yes.

I am not near the heat pump now, as you wrote (needed to be turned on in the pump) what is the name of that sensor in the heat pump?

I got only these temperature hw entities as shown below and none of theme is with number 40059

How can I list all entities which are not enabled?

So how is it right now? @Deimos wrote that changing temperature of the hot water is possible but @elupus wrote that is not possible.