How to connect to Nibe heat pump without the cloud

Here are the modbus registers from a S 1255 PC (also Modbus PV Solar activated and ERS 10-400 installed)
for now only in german

@Gravity could be useful, don’t think anybody had solar before, but i need it in csv and english.

Soo… If there is anybody here that has some python/ha experience and could review my pull request i’d be much obliged. It’s a slow going getting stuff in at the moment since there is a lack of reviewers.

https://github.com/home-assistant/core/pulls?q=is%3Aopen+is%3Apr+label%3A"integration%3A+nibe_heatpump"

I too have a S320 heat pump.

I have been looking for “Instantaneous used power - Used power with compressor and addition” with register 2166. According to the documentation this should be a common register for all S-series. - See: https://partner.nibe.eu/nibedocuments/29795/M12676EN.pdf

However, when exporting all of my available registeres it is not there. Now I see from @birdman86 post that this is also missing from his S320.

Does anyone have some thoughts on this? Any luck from other S320 owners?

Hello. I tried to paste config from the top of this topis into configuration.yaml. I´m able to save but not able to restart. When I try to restart it shows:
The system cannot restart because the configuration is not valid: Invalid config for [modbus]: [friendly_name] is an invalid option for [modbus]. Check: modbus->modbus->0->sensors->0->friendly_name.
I´m on BETA 2022.11.0b4. Please any idea?

Hello, please I have SMO S40 with AMS10-12. I have Connection to (192.168.1.8, 502) failed: [Errno 111] Connection refused.
Modbus was turned ON on SMOS40. Any idea?

The plugin stopped working today at 07:00 am?
Nothing changed in configuration and the esp32 is still running fine…
Tried to reinstall the plugin but it reports a problem with either the remote ip-adress or the remote read-port.

Ports and ip-adress is correct.
Any ideas?

:edit:
got it running again with changing the port of the target adress to 9999 (standard) at the esp32…

S series support was merged to home assistant today. So stay tuned for beta.

4 Likes

is there any news about the s series yet?

Did you even read last message?

1 Like

Hi,

Following with interest.
Running a SMO20 and can’t see the modbus options, even with a drive inserted in to the USB to show the ‘7.x.x’ menu.

Can anyone confirm if the SMO 20 is compatible?

Whats the firmware version of your S320?

As far as i remember that register was added via firmware update about a year ago on my S1255.

I believe it to be version 2.14.8, does that sound right?

I update regularly so would expect it to be the latest.

Question, just installed the Lilygo Tcan, with the example config:

only changed the port to 9999

but if i want to add hem to home assistant it wont connect if i use the ip of the esp and than the ports 9999,9999 and 10000
but is get this fault:
Error on read request from pump. Verify your Remote read port or Remote IP address.
i tried f1145 and SMO40.
Or do i need to connect it first to the nide heat pump?

Hello, please could someone confirm that SMOS40 unit (AMS 10-12 heat pump) shows Compressor frequency via MODBUS TCP? Mine doesn´t. It shows just: [sensor.nibe_f2040_compressor_freq] unavailable. Other sensors run fine. Thank you.
In my yaml there is sensor:

- name: nibe_f2040_compressor_freq
      unit_of_measurement: hz
      slave: 1
      address: 1803

Are you sure that SMO20 is compatible?
This model doesn’t appear in the official publication

Hi,
I have a SMO20. What kind of test you did? I can see the menu 7.x.x from de device.

thanks

Hi @elupus,
First of all thank you very much for developing this integration!
I tried to use it with my S320, however it is not working.
There is also no error in the HA-logs.

However I do not get any value from my S320.
If you use direct modus command via HA modbus I am able to read the registers.
Do you have any idea, what I am doing wrong?
Thanks a lot for your support!

There is very likely something in your logs.

Or en error displayed in the dialog.