How to connect to Nibe heat pump without the cloud

I have set up a LilyGo board and installed it via ESPhome, Connected it to my F1255 and installed the official integration in HA. I get almost 1000 entities I can enable. So this part seems to be working fine.

However, I have 2 issues, first being:
sensor.eb100_be1_current_40083
sensor.eb100_be2_current_40081
sensor.eb100_be3_current_40079

All these are supposed to show Current values in Amperes, but i get astronomical values from these. The values are wrong and in the 100K range, so not even just a coma in the wrong place.

Issue 2:
The update from the sensors is really slow, like every 5 minutes. When I was running NibePi, I could get updates over MQTT every couple of seconds. Any way to speed it up? @elupus ??

Issue 1:
Could you give me one of the values? Also what is your wordswap setting set to in your pump?

Issue 2:
Don’t enable all sensors… The more you enable the slower it loops around for each sensors. You can also do same as for modbus40 and set up a parameter list using a usb stick. I suspect nibepi also suggested that.

Ad issue 2. Thank you for mention it. Yesterday I tried to set monitored values to LOG.SET, but I can’t see any significant difference (I’m using MODBUS40). Before this, each value was updated once per 2 - 2.5 minutes, now it’s around 1 min 45 seconds. Since there is this progress I think that import of LOG.SET was successful. I’m monitoring 22 params and 18 of them is in LOG.SET.

My home has a F1255 installed, and it has an UTP cable coming out the back. It is plugged in my network switch and it has received an IP address that I can see from the display, and I can ping it.

I tried to add the integration via all possible options from HA, but I can’t get it working. Do I need something extra or am I just missing some simple option?

I can see it connects to *.nibeuplink.com hostnames so it seems to connect to their services as well. I plan on block outside connections on my Opnsense firewall once I get it working though. That app looks like rubbish.

Port 23 (telnet) seems to be open on it only.

WordSwap is not enabled, I have not read anything about it, should it be enabled/ticked? The other sensors i have enabled seem to work.

I’m seeing these values right now, but i also know from NibePi that the readings were a bit off from the TibberPulse but only a couple of percents.

Tibber Pulse:
0,9A
5,5A
2,4A

HA:
45 875,2A
321 126,4A
131 072,0A

I have only enabled 6 sensors right now, but they all update every 5 minutes. In NibePi you could check the ones you wanted updates from in the NodeRed gui. I did not mess around with any files on USB or on the NibePi.

From what I understand, there is no way to do anything over the network on the F-series pumps. They only report to NibeUplink or MyUplink depending on your firmware. They also set the time/date and grap electrcity prices if you have that enabled. You will need extra hardware to emulate the MODBUS40 add-on. If you want a more independent control, look into “NibePi”, Its also controllable from HA via MQTT.

Thanks, that’s what I was afraid of. Not staying here forever so I don’t plan on opening up and hacking into such devices.

Ok, that is definitely a wordswap issue. We should be able to handle both cases, but could you enable wordswap, restart HA and see if you get correct values.

Ticking the “wordswap” did the trick, the data even comes faster now, before it was exactly ever 5 minutes, not it seems it varies, I guess depending on if the value was actually updated or not.
Thank you for your help!

How fast you reload data now? You can see it on calculated DM which changes fast. I have word swap ticked and reload is approx. 2 minutes even on parameters in LOG.SET. Thank you in advance

I would say it varies, depending on if the value actually changes, but the lowest I can see is about 1min 20sec between updates. But I only have a handful of sensors active right now.

Thank you. It looks similar in my case (2 mins with 25 params). I just thought that I can read them faster when I add them to LOG.SET.

I have not tried the Log.Set yet, I’m not sure if I really need more accuracy here. However, checking my old sensors from when I was using NibePi, I was getting values for the current sensors several times per minute. So there is a way, but its way out of my knowledge zone of how that worked, All I did was tic a box in the NodeRed gui for the sensors I wanted.

Hello,

Just got the integration working on my NIBE F730, works like a charm. Absolutely great work! :slight_smile:

Scrolling through this board I saw someone having controls for a climate system (as seen in comment How to connect to Nibe heat pump without the cloud - #166 by Richi44)

I do not have these controls. The only one I have is for the Hot Water. Any idea of this is something on my end or something else? Thanks in advance!

Hello. Do you control your heat pump just by curve or also by interior temperature sensor? Maybe if the heat pump is controlled just by curve (BT2 temperature) then there is no temperature to set in climate system.

Hello! I use a RMU40 to set the desired temperature. How can I see if the heat pump is configured to use a curve?

Thanks in advance! :slight_smile:

Open Climate menu (house icon) and then “Temperature”. If you see in thermometer icon just number without units, you are using curve. If there is number with °C or °F, you are using indoor temperature.

Ahh right, in that case my system uses a curve. Thank you for clarifying! :slight_smile:

I also just read in the manual that a curve is essential when you have underfloor heating. Makes sense now haha!

That’s right, but for example I’m using also room temperature with underfloor heating because it helps me automatically cut off heat pump when I use fireplace.

Ah makes sense!

According to the manual you do need to have a room sensor (BT50) installed in order to use temperature control. I thought that the RMU40 was also able to function as a room sensor.

Edit: It actually is able to do that according to the RMU40 manual: https://www.nibe.eu/assets/documents/9069/031435-4.pdf

Will do some more research…