How to connect to Nibe heat pump without the cloud

Thanks, I am aware of the register manual

I have an S series, so if you like I can dump the registers in a file and send to you.

I can also send you my yaml file as I am able to read the most common registers.

@elupus Is it possible to read/write any registers via the NibeGW integration or only the pre defined ones from the LOG.SET file?

Any pre known register. It must be in the database of registers at the moment. LOG.SET is not needed though.

1 Like

So if i read this, i need an esp with an RS485 device and install esphome with the config from:

The target and source ip address i need to set in this config, is this the ip of home assistant? thats not clear for me?

How cool - really glad to know about this development. I had the same question as @TheMystery - @elupus is this modbus hardware proxy necessary for devices like SMOS40 which already do modbus over tcp? I haven’t been able to get the integration to work with any of my best guesses regarding port numbers…!

If you have one of the models on the list I guess yes. I have an S series which this doesn’t work for.

Soon. We do need to collect all available registers on the modbus variants as mentioned earlier in this thread.

I’ll dump the registers today for you and also send you my yaml file.

Here are the modbus registers from the SMOS40 controller.

modbus_addresses_all.csv

1 Like

Thank you, some more fields found in that file too. So strange that they all seem to differ in what fields they export.

It was tricky to locate the USB port too , I had to look into the manual …

To understand correctly, is that a really complete dump or there are more registers?

I think it is ad complete it can get untill a firmware update or added accessories. However it is a bit strange that i keep getting slightly different exports from same models and firmware version.

I have a pending firmware update , I will perform the update and dump again the registers, I will update if something changes or not.

So there are differences , most of them ‘cosmetic’ in the title field but there are more.
modbus_addresses_all_firmware_2.14.8

I forgot to mention that the SMOS40 controller is connected with the NIBE F2120 heat pump so I assume that F2120 registers can accessed through SMOS40 ?

There was a firmware update today for my S1255. Would you like me to dump another set of registers after update?

Not sure how I can help but here is the registry dump file for my S320:

I use these addresses:

Sensor (read):

Switch/Sensor (write & read):

Yes, that is the ip of your home assistant instance.

Thx, then i’m goging to test it ordered this weekend aan lillygo t-can