How to control white channel of RGBW bulb

Er, no. It’s disappeared from mine too. Some other entities still support it, so there may have been an update to the open Z wave configuration which removed it.
You could try adding an “other” attribute using the “pick an attribute to override” dropdown. Let me know if this worked for you.

Holy $*!T, thank you! Now if only I could get it to leave the RGB’s off when I turn on the white.

Anyone know how to perminanetly leave the Supported Features at 177? and also how to control the RGB so they stay off and only the WW on?

Subtract 16 from 177 and configure the supported features inside customize.yaml instead of the interface.

Thanks, as I’m fairly novice would you mind helping me with what the code would look like in customize.yaml?

take a look at the yaml documentation on setting this up. Then you’ll be adding supported_features as an attribute under the specified entity_id. Examples of the code are here.

Thank you. I’ll do that now. I tried changing the supporting features to 161 in the developers section but I still dont seem to be able to turn off the RGB and cant control the W brightness independantly of the RGB. Is this also your experience?

changing things in the developers section has no affect. It’s gotta be on startup inside the customize section. Also, things could still be wonky doing this.

Thanks, Will see how I go.

I am only seeing this now, so I don’t know if it is still relevant. Anyway I solved the problem with a workaround, by creating an automation. When the white color is selected, I call the service light.turn_on with white_value: 255. That turns on the white element of the led.

at least now, its fixed :slight_smile: if its RGBW you will see the

It’s always worked like that. Color LEDs are separate from Warm LEDs and Cold LEDs. Your device has to physically have those LEDs for that bar to show up. It has nothing to do with the integration unless the integration has an issue.

1 Like

I had a hard time finding a solution for the “reel” white.
Find it with the “Color temperature (Kelvin)” option
White 255 didn’t work for me

Hardware : Globe RGB light