How to dim lights over time

Hey guys,

Can this be done direct from an automation and could someone please share a code example?

Thanks!

Pleaae open a separate topic, tell us your goal, post your current code and we’ll be able to help you.

1 Like

Hello Noahma,

For some reason this does not work for me. Running the automation does not even turn the light on. I have a light strip to my aquarium with a cheap controller. More details about the light and set up here: How to access Lights.py in Virtual Box

When creating the automation, the strip doesn’t turn on however, when I use “wake the aquarium night light” from Google home it works.

I have built the exact same automation with you… Is it possible that in some lights it works and others not?

Thank you

Better open a new thread and post your automation properly formatted there. Without seeing your code it’s impossible to help.

1 Like

Hi Burningstone,

As per your suggestion, i have raised a new topic here: Replicate Google Home Wake/Sleep lights with HA not working

Sorry I missed your post. I don’t check the forums all too often. It looks like you have the issue solved though?

BTW, which lights are you using for your Aquarium? Curious as I have a fully planted freshwater tank and am always interested in ways to automate the system more lol

Yes I did solve it by installing the Assistant_relay… So now I send text commands to Google home.

I have a cheap led from Amazon which was Bluetooth only but I bought a wifi controller… However, this is my night light… It is not for plant growth…