How to get the IP Address or access to instalation

everything look ok, as it should be( in the console ) … beside “method: disabled” … should be auto

This happend most likely during installation, where he had not enabled it in VB

So yes, maybe a restart wil fix it, or he have to enable it through the console …the procedure we were about to, after colecting relevant info

PS not a restart, but a reboot … have to reboot the VB, (where the setting to define the state of network-interface is, so it can be applied to OS/interface

try this

Type:
network update enp0s3 -e
enter

or just reboot os —

type:

host reboot

hopefully not, it’s HA’s “internal” network, workstation should not be there
But a cause could be as u mention (missing drivers) thou a doubt it, as it’s seems like a very common card(virtual) … it’s windows card, configured in windows

This is what I get If I introduce “ip addr” in the HA console

Is this what you are asking for?

Thanks

Yeah, that was what I was asking for.
I was hoping to see a client with a 0800… MAC address, but it is not there.

Do you have any other VMs running that have internet access?
Or could you test with an ubuntu or other full OS to see if it can get network access?

Go to any PC on your local network an in a cmd window, type:
ping -4 homeassistant.local

I typed “network update enp0s3 -e” and I got message “completed successfully”

When I did “host rebbot” I observed the following “ERROR” – "FAILED to start Wail Until Kernel Time …

IMG_9321

ignore that message

I don´t have any other VMS running.

I do have internet conexión directly through the ethernet cable connected to the router and the conexión from the routher comes through a switch. I disable the WIFI.

I have internet conexión in my computer, on the phones and everything else. The internet in the router seems to be ok.

I will try with ubuntu and let you know if I can get it. Thanks

wait until you get the console, then type

network info

I typed and this is the message. I translate:

“The ping request couldn´t find the host homeassistant.local. Check the name and try again”

you can’t until HA is up and running again, and got an ipnumber, from your dhcp( in your router)

Edit: IF you can see in the “network info” ipv4: address: - 192.168.1.X/X
You are good to go

If You still have: under ipv4: method: disabled
Type:
network update --ipv4-method auto
Enter:
Then type:
network reload

I don’t see where you typed ip addr

I followed your instructions and this is what I got:

Thanks

IMG_9324

This is what I got:

IMG_9332

@Juan_Martinez

sorry bout that, it was ( forgot your interface )

network update enp0s3 --ipv4-method auto
enter: then
network reload
enter: then wait a minute :slight_smile:
then:
network info

The reason for trying an Ubuntu was to see if the error is in the VirtualBox setup or in the HA setup.
I have seen VM hosts having trouble with NIC in bridge mode, because the driver used on the physical network did not allow promicious mode.
I have heard of HA installations where the NGINX setup has been corrupt.
And I have seen setup where NGINX and the VirtualBox use the same subnet, causing routing to fail.
A normal desktop Ubuntu could rule some of these out, because the diagnostic tools are better.

yes , that wont work because your not inside HA yet, can not use that command in “start-console” in VB

yes, but as it was obvious that he got no ip, and interface was disabled ( most likely because he enabled wifi during setup, and then changed to Ethernet, it would still remain disabled, and unavailable , unless a reboot could fix that, which it didn’t … there are this way, or just try reinstall, cording to recommended details
PS: i don’t use VB my self, for about the reasons you mention :slight_smile: , VMware have been my faitful choice for decades :slight_smile:
Edit: or ssh, which i think we should exclude