How to get the IP Address or access to instalation

When I typed network info, this is what I get:

ha > login

if you are prompted for a username type root and leave the password blank.

I have deleted HA from the virtualbox and desinstall virtualbox and started the process again from begining. I disable WIFI and connected the network cable again and it seem I still have the same issues.

I tried login and I got message as attached

I also tried

network update enp0s3 --ipv4-method auto

and I got the message attached:

and I also typed

network info

and got the same as before (also attached)

IMG_9335

I´m super new on this, I started yesterday and but it seams that it is an error with the network, which I don´t understarn why, because I follow all the instructions as in tutorials. I disable WIFI, I conneted the ethernet cable to the router. However, it is true that I saw in the tutorials that when doing the set up in the HA seeting / network, they got an ethernet network and I only get the 2 options:

1. Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller
  2. Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 7265

Thanks to all of you

I don´t know if this will provide any additional or good information, but this is the picture of my HA in VirtualBox

You do get an ethernet option.
GBE in “Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller” stands for GigaBit Ethernet.

sorry to hear, maybe it is a problem with networkcard vs VirtuallBox ( as WallyR mentioned, as it still dont want to enable auto mode, you could try “static-mode” , but by now i would have dropped it, and tried with VMware, on your windows, instead of VB

“Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller” Is the exact same setting i use for mine. I get the same options as you.

okk, so i guess we can “exclude” that, but u did get an option to choose 64bits, right ? , so maybe it is that as you also mentioned
edit: … just noticed it is 64 bit now in above pic

Juan, you are sure that you laptop fulfill the requirements ?, as i see 16MB video-mem, and choice for “floppy-boot”, haven’t seen these spec. for long time :slight_smile: , and as i understand you mentioned it took long time for HA, to get to command-console … how much memory do you have on your windows machine ?
I Just Googled this, found several “issues” with VB in windows, and that particular network-card …and this:

https://www.virtualbox.org/ticket/14604

Drop it, and try with WMWare
… or try this “workaround”
VirtualBox-xxxx.exe -msiparams NETWORKTYPE=NDIS5 ( meaning, install VB with <<< these parameters )

ALL RIGHT!!! Thank you to you all.

FINALLY. I desintall everything, installed and changed to the Realket PCIe option and now it is working!!!

I want to let you all know that I really appreciated you all help!!!

Have a wonderfull day!!!

1 Like

Great … good luck … and enjoy :slight_smile:

having the same issue
want to access ha on local computer running ha in vm

just want to test it on local desktop without internet, should this work?

???

Yes sure

I think the install process requires access to GitHub.

1 Like

Had same issue with HA Virtual Machine in bridged mode.
Could not find the ip address (network info showed a blank field)

The solution came allowing also promisqued mode (it even works with an Intel wl card …)

BR

I don’t use VirtualBox, but

ping -4 homeassistant.local

shows the IP address of my Home Assistant installation.